PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Cannot Stream channels

avi68
08-05-14, 21:18
Hi Everyone,

I just updated today to build 17 (Helios) and I have noticed that I cannot stream any channels over to my iPad and android phone (via app). Applies to both fta and encrypted channels. I am trying to stream within my network.

I thought the box just needed a reboot, after reboot it worked but when I changed channel on my iPad it says it cannot get a free tuner, even though there is one available. Just to let you know it was working fine yesterday when I was on build 16.

Also to double check my tuners, I set one channel to record while watching another and it was fine.

No crash logs have been created. Could someone please check their end and get back to me?

Thanks

Regards

Avi.

Rob van der Does
09-05-14, 08:48
I have no DUO to test atm, but on the Ultimo streaming to the VU-app works fine.

avi68
09-05-14, 09:15
I have no DUO to test atm, but on the Ultimo streaming to the VU-app works fine.

Ok thanks for checking with your ultimo. But I still think there is an error specifically with the duo. Just to let you know I haven't changed any settings via openwebif plugin.

The error keeps saying 'maybe all tuners are occupied'

I think there was some code changed for error messages, could this be a conflict?

mickyblueys
09-05-14, 09:47
There is nothing wrong with streaming from duo to phone. I'm on Helios 17, just tried it using vu+ app, without problem!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

avi68
09-05-14, 10:06
There is nothing wrong with streaming from duo to phone. I'm on Helios 17, just tried it using vu+ app, without problem!

Ok if your watching one channel on your phone and then switch to another one, does it give an error message?

mickyblueys
09-05-14, 10:06
No it works fine

avi68
09-05-14, 10:16
No it works fine

I'm checking with my iPad. It just worked, changed the channel on the iPad and an error appeared.

Could you show me your openwebif settings please?

mickyblueys
09-05-14, 10:18
They are whatever is default, I have never changed them,I wouldn't know how. How do you check them?

avi68
09-05-14, 10:20
Menu, plugins, openwebif

avi68
16-05-14, 15:38
Ok I don't understand why I'm the only one experiencing this problem on build 17. I flashed build 16 via usb and restored the build 16 backup and it worked straight away. Was able to watch it from the app on the iPad and change channels with no error message.

Then I updated to build 17 via the online update and the problem started again, connection error message appeared.

I then flashed build 17 fresh via usb and restored my build 16 settings and the problem is still there. Just flashed back to build 16 and everything working great. Something is definitely wrong, but I don't understand how I am the only person getting this error.

viddi52
16-05-14, 16:05
I have a similar problem with 17 on both vuduo and solo2. I can stream movies but not live tv. I have tried everything but cant get it to work. When I go back to 16 everything works ok.

avi68
16-05-14, 16:09
I have a similar problem with 17 on both vuduo and solo2. I can stream movies but not live tv. I have tried everything but cant get it to work. When I go back to 16 everything works ok.

Thankyou for confirming :thumbsup:

Thought I was loosing it for a sec! I think there is a bug somewhere, but i think we will have to wait for the new image.

nsw9154
16-05-14, 17:02
I reverted back to 16 and streaming is working fine on my Galaxy S3, the only problem that I am having is that I seem to be stuck in lo resolution :confused:

avi68
16-05-14, 17:29
I reverted back to 16 and streaming is working fine on my Galaxy S3, the only problem that I am having is that I seem to be stuck in lo resolution :confused:

My resolution seems to be normal even though I select high on build 16. Then again it's always been like that on every build.

On build 17, my galaxy s3 comes up an unknown error and it won't let me stream.

nsw9154
16-05-14, 17:50
Have you tried reverting back to build 16 that might cure it, and I think that my problem with it being stuck in lo res is probably my fault as it was working great when I 1st set it up
I will have to investigate further with my settings

avi68
16-05-14, 19:34
Have you tried reverting back to build 16 that might cure it, and I think that my problem with it being stuck in lo res is probably my fault as it was working great when I 1st set it up
I will have to investigate further with my settings

That's my point exactly! Build 16, everything works flawlessly. Build 17, can't even view live tv.
As long as I get a decent picture on my iPad and it works, I'm happy :)

txt3rob
16-05-14, 19:53
I think i have the same issue i might flash 16 myself now

avi68
17-05-14, 16:39
I think i have the same issue i might flash 16 myself now

Did you solve the problem?

txt3rob
17-05-14, 16:57
not sure my dad flashed 16 but started to moan about the EPG or something so just tried blackhole but that was messing me with my dish motor so trying openpli and failing that going back to 16 and sorting the EPG issue my dad was moaning about

Ant1942
18-05-14, 15:18
I have a Vu+Uno in which I had Helios 17.

I'd been setting up to use WebIF on the PC to watch recordings from the hard drive.
I had never been able to use it watch live TV and just assumed that WebIF wasn't designed
for that........until I spotted this thread.

I have now installed Helios 16 and, yes, it now plays 'live' TV.
It seems to be quite a few seconds behind the actual TV.......buffering perhaps?

Anyway I can confirm that Helios 16 does work OK

avi68
18-05-14, 17:18
I have a Vu+Uno in which I had Helios 17.

I'd been setting up to use WebIF on the PC to watch recordings from the hard drive.
I had never been able to use it watch live TV and just assumed that WebIF wasn't designed
for that........until I spotted this thread.

I have now installed Helios 16 and, yes, it now plays 'live' TV.
It seems to be quite a few seconds behind the actual TV.......buffering perhaps?

Anyway I can confirm that Helios 16 does work OK

Yes there is a delay in the streaming compared to the actual tv, that's normal. It shouldn't really buffer, but then again I use my iPad and android phone. I use the app and it works perfectly. When I do use my laptop, I don't usually have any problems.

Also depends how your box is connected, wired or wireless?

spaceman
22-05-14, 12:22
I have similar issue with vu+ player not playing since the upgrade. It works with dreamdroid as expected.

Rob van der Does
22-05-14, 12:34
The Android VU-Player is about to be updated.

avi68
22-05-14, 21:35
I have similar issue with vu+ player not playing since the upgrade. It works with dreamdroid as expected.

I've never used dreamdroid, I've always used the vu plus app. Does dreamdroid work on build 17?

avi68
22-05-14, 21:36
The Android VU-Player is about to be updated.

And any news on the iOS app? That hasn't received an update for a long time.

Larry-G
27-05-14, 05:28
And any news on the iOS app? That hasn't received an update for a long time.

Not sure about the IOS version but the Android version was updated on the Google play store last night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

avi68
27-05-14, 20:24
Not sure about the IOS version but the Android version was updated on the Google play store last night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yep I just saw the update. Thanks.

avi68
29-05-14, 12:39
Can confirm that everything is working as it should on Apollo 001.:thumbsup: