PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Is my screen supposed to blank out while cross is running

robti
07-05-14, 21:39
Hi sorry for what is probably as stupid question, I have been running cross for over a year now and always wondered about the above, if I have a free tuner why it doesn't use that and let me continue to watch what is on the other tuner ?

Thanks

Robert

abu baniaz
07-05-14, 21:43
It should use free tuner. Post your logs so someone can look for you.

robti
07-05-14, 21:47
Thanks for the quick reply it has never did it for well over a year including all the updates most of them done with no restore of settings, I am out at the moment and will post some logs tomorrow

Thanks

Robert

Larry-G
07-05-14, 21:51
could be a number of things, such as incorrectly setup tuners. ABM always uses a free tuner on my receivers, barring those receivers that are only single tuners that is.

abu baniaz
07-05-14, 21:54
Also details of tuner setup and settings for crossepg downloader.

Rob van der Does
08-05-14, 10:33
First tell us which image you use please. This is required as different images use different versions of Cross.

robti
08-05-14, 16:14
Hi I am using Zeus 023, I uploaded logs direct ref no. 1399560435.83 don't know if this is correct

Tuner A is set up as simple/ positioned using usals
Tuner B is set up as second cable of motorised LNB
Tuner Is set up as Tuner A :

Cross EPG is set up with only sky uk open ticked

Using catseye enigma2 settings file for motorised

Thanks

Robert

Rob van der Does
08-05-14, 16:23
Then please update to Helios (build 16/17), as some functions have been updated.

abu baniaz
08-05-14, 16:33
Can you also confrm that you have a motorised sytem with twin LNB?

Just so you are aware, you can take screen shots using the following in your web browser, roght click and save the picture. Repalce the x so it matches your receiver's IP

http://192.168.xx.xx/grab?format=jpg

robti
08-05-14, 16:52
345373453834539Thanks for the reply yes i have a twin lnb on a motorised system,

here are some log files before i do a clean flash

Rob van der Does
08-05-14, 17:21
And when the screen 'blacks out': were you then watching a channel on 28.2E?

robti
08-05-14, 17:24
Hi rob yes I only do cross epg on bbc1 hd every morning when i say the screen goes blank I still have the cross epg window at the bottom as it updates only with a blank background

Rob van der Does
08-05-14, 17:27
It is possible that Cross isn't 'smart' enough to understand your tuner setup.
For experimental purposes: could you set 'preferred tuner' in 'Customise' to tuner B and see if the issue is still the same? And make sure live-tv indeed uses tuner B before starting Cross?

abu baniaz
08-05-14, 17:30
What channel were you on before you run crossepg downloader? I can find this servcie refernce, whch does not seem to be 28.2. I may be wrong. 1_0_19_22C5_80D_2_11A2B10_0_0_0

Edit: Ignore please. Previous post mentions BBC HD.

robti
10-05-14, 18:02
Ok update, on a clean flash with Helios with no back up before I instal any channel lists if I run crossepg the splash screen stays while I download the data so I assume this is working okay, then when I have installed my channel list (catseye motor) and run crossepg it reverts back to a blank screen.

Also if I am recording something on tuner A and run crossepg it blanks the screen till it's loading the data

Rob van der Does
10-05-14, 18:20
Also if I am recording something on tuner A and run crossepg it blanks the screen till it's loading the data
Because Cross needs a tuner.

robti
10-05-14, 22:32
Rob tuners have been set up and box is ready to go except no channel lists installed, but cross will run and all the small pop up windows show the same info as when I have a full channel list, so when I run cross this way I still have the splash screen from Helios ( cave waterfall sunlight through opening) and cross pop ups at the bottom of the screen, install a channel list then I get blank screens.

I am quite happy to live with it I was just wondering when I posted it up

Thanks

Larry-G
10-05-14, 22:47
try with a different channel list rather than catseyes as it has a history of messing things up.

abu baniaz
10-05-14, 22:50
Does it do the same if you have scanned channels/used ABM?

Is this on a TM twin?

Walt
11-05-14, 02:44
try with a different channel list rather than catseyes as it has a history of messing things up.

What type of things has it messed up? Which channel list with full arc would you suggest?

Rob van der Does
11-05-14, 04:18
vHanibal .

Larry-G
11-05-14, 05:29
I'm with rob on this one, for my motorized dish i always use Vhannibal, Catseyes is a decent bouquet but more than a few times it has gone wrong somewhere down the line and caused issues with the image, in fact all images.

Walt
11-05-14, 09:25
I'm with rob on this one, for my motorized dish i always use Vhannibal, Catseyes is a decent bouquet but more than a few times it has gone wrong somewhere down the line and caused issues with the image, in fact all images.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how can a channel list affect the programming?

Larry-G
11-05-14, 09:33
Please excuse my ignorance, but how can a channel list affect the programming?

I cant think of specifics rite now but there have been numerous occasions of bouquet packs causing issues with ViX and other images, the last i believe was discovered to be because of a none standard or corrupt satellites.xml file which was being used in the catseyes packs at the time.

Plus there have been instances of CrossEPG not working due to missing radio transponders in some bouquet packs, CrossEPG / OpenTV grabs it's data from a radio transponder on 28.2 east, if this transponder is missing it simply wont be able to generate a EPG and that in turn can cause other issues with timing out etc.

so yes a bouquet pack can affect the image in a lot of different ways.

Walt
11-05-14, 09:39
Oh ok, Where is the best place to get the vHannibal list from? The main site appears to be in italian.

Rob van der Does
11-05-14, 09:52
http://www.vhannibal.net/
then click on download in the lower right part of the screen.

Larry-G
11-05-14, 09:52
Just download the version you need from his site.
http://www.vhannibal.net/ or get them from the image feeds, if they are not to you'r liking you can always go back to using catseyes. Dont get me wrong i'm not badmouthing catseyes packs but they have been known to be the source of issues in the past, so it's worth a try to see if another works better for you.

Walt
11-05-14, 09:55
I'm happy to give anything a go and it seems tidier. I just prefer sly uk to be at the top of the bouquets list. I've gotta figure out how to do that now. I've also done what I shouldn't and hijacked this thread. Could a mod delete these posts or maybe move them to a separate thread? Thanks for your advice.