PDA

View Full Version : how to best setup a DM500.

Larry-G
14-11-10, 12:23
personally i'd say for a DM500 the best setup method would be 3 easy steps.

step 1. open wheelie bin lid
step 2. throw said DM500 into said wheelie bin as hard as possible.
step 3. buy a decent receiver you cheap arsed git. the DM500 aint even a real DM any more, they ceased production 3 to 5 years ago. your just buyng some god awful chinese clone.

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 14:57
personally i'd say for a DM500 the best setup method would be 3 easy steps.

step 1. open wheelie bin lid
step 2. throw said DM500 into said wheelie bin as hard as possible.
step 3. buy a decent receiver you cheap arsed git. the DM500 aint even a real DM any more, they ceased production 3 to 5 years ago. your just buyng some god awful chinese clone.

In respect to this it actually now a DM 518 and to quote you a god awful and to add even worse chinese clone

Larry-G
14-11-10, 15:00
In respect to this it actually now a DM 518 and to quote you a god awful and to add even worse chinese clone

you wont get any argument from me there. half of the problems people face when getting into satellite are directly attributed to buying these once decent but now awful receivers. they are way past their best, but even worse as almost every one on the market now is in no way shape or form a DM in the first place.
and this is coming from me a DM fan.

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 15:06
oh yeah alot of the hiccups and agrivation ppl get when they cant set up the box is purely down to it being a clone not that they are doing anything wrong. and the worse part is the ignorent users that wont agree its a problem because its a clone and take out anger and stress on image making teams or on forum users that gave correct advise but the end user failed to impliment it correctly due to it being a clone

now i didnt like the gemini bug but i can understand why they did it proberbly getting p**sed at users blaming the image instead of the box

Sicilian
16-11-10, 16:04
If peeps what a cheap SD Linux box they should look at the TM500Super, £78 quid for genuine hardware and the UR images for it are great. Better built than the orig DM500 imo.

Larry-G
16-11-10, 17:21
If peeps what a cheap SD Linux box they should look at the TM500Super, £78 quid for genuine hardware and the UR images for it are great. Better built than the orig DM500 imo.

agreed. i have x2 TM600's my self and there cracking little boxes. they have 3 usb ports and with the use of either a internally mounted or external HDD there fully PVR ready, and dead easy to setup.

now i'm a big DM fan but even i can see that the DM500 has had it's day and frankly it needs to be took into a quiet filed and shot to put it and us out of our misery's.

silverfox0786
17-11-10, 23:00
now i'm a big DM fan but even i can see that the DM500 has had it's day and frankly it needs to be took into a quiet filed and shot to put it and us out of our misery's.

Phoenix i'm hoping you will post a utube video of that for us

Larry-G
17-11-10, 23:02
Phoenix i'm hoping you will post a utube video of that for us

well i dont have a DM500 but i do have a RROD'd xbox 360 and as soon as i have the time i'm heading out with several guns and various types of ammo to put it out of it's misery.

silverfox0786
17-11-10, 23:11
well i dont have a DM500 but i do have a RROD'd xbox 360 and as soon as i have the time i'm heading out with several guns and various types of ammo to put it out of it's misery.

i remember you mentioning it dont forget your camcoreder and the linkto the utube video :rofl: