PDA

View Full Version : image changed now box won't boot.

antwan
06-05-14, 12:12
Hi peeps
I have a tm twin which was working on open pl image.
I then have installed latest boot config and successfully updated to vix zeus 23. worked fine.
this morning powered up and box is stuck on "starting 000" and does not move from here, I have tried to reinstall boot and image but won't move off starting.

Thanks for any help or advise please. :confused::confused:

abu baniaz
06-05-14, 12:55
Do you get a prompt about finding new software?

antwan
06-05-14, 13:07
No mate, getting no prompt also no pic on tv.

abu baniaz
06-05-14, 15:30
Try installing bootloader using serial. If that does not work, call TM.

marty
06-05-14, 16:47
Try installing bootloader using serial. If that does not work, call TM.

I wouldn't :p

antwan
06-05-14, 17:54
Thanks abu .. is there any guides how to install via serial? .. had a squint but can't see owt.

antwan
06-05-14, 17:57
Why not marty??
I wouldn't :p

abu baniaz
06-05-14, 20:58
Prior to Zeus being released, some bootloaders were given to us which caused issues. His Single got bricked and needed Jtagging.

Anyway, here is the tool. Make sure you use the Bootloader appropriate to the image you are installing.

Bootloader recovery. Use with caution (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17506-TM-Twin-OE-Bootloader-recovery)

Official Technomate Bootloaders for OpenVix Images (http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Technomate-Bootloaders/)

antwan
07-05-14, 00:35
Thanks again abu for info,
I have just tried to start box and low and behold it booted up albeit very, very slowly. left it on standby for now .
Do you think it is still a issue with the boot loader and do you advise going ahead with the recovery tool?.
I'm sure I installed the 13.3.14 bootloader before installing zeus 23.
how do you check which bootloader is on your machine.
sorry for so many questions but terrified of bricking it up.

marty
07-05-14, 03:14
Prior to Zeus being released, some bootloaders were given to us which caused issues. His Single got bricked and needed Jtagging.

Anyway, here is the tool. Make sure you use the Bootloader appropriate to the image you are installing.

Bootloader recovery. Use with caution (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17506-TM-Twin-OE-Bootloader-recovery)

Official Technomate Bootloaders for OpenVix Images (http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Technomate-Bootloaders/)

It was the serial flash that totaly bricked it!!!!!!!!!

antwan
07-05-14, 20:48
tried turning off and on again back to same result ...starting-0- ...not loading.
any thoughts please

Thanks again abu for info,
I have just tried to start box and low and behold it booted up albeit very, very slowly. left it on standby for now .
Do you think it is still a issue with the boot loader and do you advise going ahead with the recovery tool?.
I'm sure I installed the 13.3.14 bootloader before installing zeus 23.
how do you check which bootloader is on your machine.
sorry for so many questions but terrified of bricking it up.

abu baniaz
07-05-14, 21:04
The only way to check which bootloader version you are using is by getting serial boot logs. You can use Putty or the log tool uploaded by TM.

With the previous post by Marty, I'm a bit reluctant to provide information on what to do. Best to ring TM and see what they say.

antwan
14-05-14, 17:00
Just a quick update ..spoke with technomate who say it is probrally a problem with power supply board. have sent box back to them as is still under warranty, albeit, having to pay postage both ways.

marty
14-05-14, 17:18
Just a quick update ..spoke with technomate who say it is probrally a problem with power supply board. have sent box back to them as is still under warranty, albeit, having to pay postage both ways.

Sounds like BS to me!!!!!!!! (Yes I have had a power supply go too :p )
You could test with a PC PSU ;) but I doubt that's the problem.

stevie65
14-05-14, 17:25
I had this problem with the "starting" being displayed with a "0" that moved left and right on a TM-2T. Mine ended up going back to technomate to be Jtagged. The problem started when I was trying to install Zeus with the new bootloader.
They returned it to me (after me having to pay postage both ways!) working again with Zeus installed.
Took them about 5 days total including he delivery times.
Regards, Steve.

marty
14-05-14, 17:28
I had this problem with the "starting" being displayed with a "0" that moved left and right on a TM-2T. Mine ended up going back to technomate to be Jtagged. The problem started when I was trying to install Zeus with the new bootloader.
They returned it to me (after me having to pay postage both ways!) working again with Zeus installed.
Took them about 5 days total including he delivery times.
Regards, Steve.

Quite a fast turnaround then :) sucks about paying the postage :(
If the box turns on VERY doubtful its the PSU, if it doesn't turn on and smoke comes out the top and it stinks then its the PSU :D

EDIT: you can remove the mainboard and just send that off (check with TM 1st that's OK) to reduce postage costs :D

stevie65
14-05-14, 17:32
Quite a fast turnaround then :) sucks about paying the postage :(
If the box turns on VERY doubtful its the PSU, if it doesn't turn on and smoke comes out the top and it stinks then its the PSU :D

Yeah. And when I spoke with them on the phone, they said "it is not that unusual for this to happen during a flash!" :rolleyes:

marty
14-05-14, 17:34
Yeah. And when I spoke with them on the phone, they said "it is not that unusual for this to happen during a flash!" :rolleyes:

Pardon my French, what complete and utter shite :mad:
A flash kills the PSU :eek:

Larry-G
14-05-14, 17:39

Sorry mate but thats utter nonsense, I have flashed my various E2 receivers, including three TM-OE receivers several thousand times each and not once had a PSU expire as a result, they are doing what they normally do, IE palm the blame onto any one but them selves.

antwan
17-05-14, 16:24
Hi Peeps just a quick update
Having posted box to tm they returned it fixed after 3days, quite a good response. (postage £24 in total)
Asked the lady at TM what was wrong her reply was that guy who fixed it was out on lunch but says on job sheet mother board replaced.
It came back with "open pl" on it, I'm a bit reluctant to put Halious image on as my other TM twin with this image seems to have problems. mainly from standby not activating to come on through hdmi and when does has a purple haze to picture only thing to do is to restart/total reboot.
I'll be going back to zeuse image till latest one improves.

stevie65
17-05-14, 16:33
Hi.
The Open PLI is a 4D image I think.
I have tried the latest 4D image and openatv, and they all have the same problems.
I can only assume your box has been returned with a slightly older version of 4D.
Yeah, as you know, Zeus works fine once you have the correct bootloader from Technomate.
Steve.