PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] USB not mounting from cold start

evesham
06-05-14, 09:27
I have an annoying problem with the USB Mounting from cold start (i.e turning on at the Mains).
My Duo either does 1 of 2 things:-
1) Hangs on *Starting*
2) Loads very slow then doesn't Mount/recognize the USB whatsoever.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, 2 Kingston and 1 Sandisk and all 3 of these worked perfectly on Vix 3.678 etc.
There is a swap file activated to start from the USB stick.

Someone's gonna say don't switch it off, leave it in Deep Standby...a workaround but not a solution.
Please can you help me and look into this.
Thanks.

judge
06-05-14, 09:30
Are you putting the box to deep-standby before powering off?
What format is the USB stick with the swap file on it?

evesham
07-05-14, 13:50
Hi judge, thanks for replying.
Yes I always put the box into deep-standby before powering off each night and the USB is set at
media/usb
/dev/sdb1
ext4 R/W.

I formatted the stick in Windows FAT32, then initialized and formatted via the Vix menu as normal.

If the box loads with no USB mounted, I remove the stick, reinsert it, then reboot enigma and everything is perfect.
Thanks

garyblas
07-05-14, 13:53
What are you trying to load on start up from the USB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evesham
07-05-14, 19:20
hi gary, nothing just the 128MB swap file

IAmATeaf
09-05-14, 16:14
Do you also have hard disk installed? If not then I've found that the USB gets mounted as /media/hdd instead of /media/usb.

Probably a stupid thing to say but this causes problems on my Duo which also has an external USB hard disk connected.

sivhead
12-06-14, 19:40
Menus SetUP > Storage Devices > Initialization > (initialize your usb key). Reboot receiver leave the usb key in.
Menu > Setup > Vix > Mount Manager Setup Mounts set hard disk to media/hdd. Set usb media to media/usb. Press Green to save and reboot. Reboot VIX and test again.

Try power cold starting and see if all is ok. Then setup swapfile and test again