PDA

View Full Version : motorised query

goosegog
05-05-14, 14:59
hi everyone,im after advice please:) im off work at the end of the month and im gonna attempt to install a new motorised set up.
hope you can see where my present dish 28.2 is pointing
my questions are:
1.dish:what make and size,dont think i will go bigger than 1.1.
2.where to put the bugger,same side of the house as present dish but on the opposite corner or right of the window?,the third picture is from the corner of the house looking where my present dish is pionting,hope that makes sense.
3.gonna go for quad LNB,whats the best type and make?
4.at the minute ive a duo to my old sky dish with a Triax Tri-link for bedroom magic eye.ive just bought a ultimo from the forum which i intend to fit a twin tuner in the third tuner slot to make it a quad,any ideas on set up with the two boxes?,meaning cable feed combos?
5.im gonna buy T and K brackets as i think they look the best,18" or 24" stand off?
6.whats the best motor?
thanks
goosegog:thumbsup:

Stanman
05-05-14, 16:09
As for motors dark superior is supposed to be good as for size, depends what you want and location.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/DiSEqC-Motors-Positioners/Technomate-TM-2600-M2-DiSEqC-Motor-All-Metal-Geared

goosegog
05-05-14, 16:37
Hi stanman,ive been looking at the 2600 and the alsat dark motor,as for my location im in the north east and im after football as at present i just stream for the football,i dont want 3pm saturday games as im busy saturdays,so im after any free live games
Thanks
Goosegog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
05-05-14, 16:55
1. Triax TD 110 is good but fine alignment is not as easy because of the clamp.
2. Same wall would be better. Have a look at dishpointer.com You want 45 w to 45 east. May be easier to bring it near teh garden, but whatever is easier for you so long as there are no obstacles.
5. T and K are not just for looks, they allow for correct alignment. 18" should be fine.

goosegog
05-05-14, 17:21
Thanks abu baniaz,i will have a gander at the triax,iv all week to try to align it,i will have a look on dishpointer.com cheers
Yeah think i shall go for the T and k brackets
Thank you
Goosegog

bellejt
05-05-14, 17:36
I would place it near the alarm on the corner above the door.I have a GI-50-120 rotor whitch works very fine with usals.Once aligned you never need to look to it again.With my triax 88 it was aigned in 30 minutes.
I live in Belgium and had to aligne it on the 4.8 sirius.I recieve 45 E-45W.

goosegog
05-05-14, 18:04
thanks bellejt,didnt think of that spot but im thinking that would stop me getting a quick little pervy glance at me neighbour as im walking past that window when shes sunbathing in the summer,hope she doesnt come on here::D
cheers
goosegog

goosegog
05-05-14, 20:39
Ive been looking thru the forum earlier and there seems to be plenty giving the thumbs up for the TM 2600 motors, so think i will order one of them