PDA

View Full Version : VU+SOLO red light....bricked?

darkerkn1ght
04-05-14, 20:25
Hi I was trying to update the EPG on my VU+ Solo when it suddenly crashed(green screen) it then was in a loop blue (Black Hole) screen then green screen, so I pulled the plug to stop the loop. When i plugged it back in I had a red light and the box would not boot. I have tried flashing using a USB stick but nothing happens just red light it doesn't read the stick. I have tried RS232 cable, ComPort 1 is recognised but box isn't using 'VU Utility'. It is almost as though the box is switched 'off' even though there is a red light shown. Is the box completely bricked? I tried updating using zip and .nfi vix images, but the box isn't 'seen' by computer so can't flash it. I tried program called 'Putty' but again nothing happens, almost as though box is off.

The firmware on it was Blackhole 2.0.9.1 which I believe its the latest version. It seems very buggy and crashed a lot particularly when trying to get the EPG to work. I Have contacted the seller and they have told me "I must of updated the box with Blackhole 2.0.9.1 v2 which was released on April 19 2014 and that had a virus in it which has wiped my flash and bricked my box so no refund". I have told him I haven't updated box with any software, which I haven't. I think he is lying about the virus as I haven't seen anything mentioned on the net. The box was running ok (apart from crashing now and again) but after this crash it no longer boots. Red light and nothing else. As mentioned have tried USB flash and RS 232 cable but nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The guy I bought it from on eBay told me the box was 100% brand new original from Korea. It is about a month old and cost me £129.99 thanks D

seame
04-05-14, 20:46
Sounds like you've bought a clone. If it wasn't listed as a clone tell him you are reporting him to trading standards for selling counterfeit goods if he doesn't refund you.

ronand
04-05-14, 20:48
If it came with the rs232 cable then its a clone

darkerkn1ght
04-05-14, 20:51
If it came with the rs232 cable then its a clone

Hi it didn't come with a rs232 cable I already had that...no instructions, just an hdmi cable, box and remote and the box it came in.

darkerkn1ght
04-05-14, 20:56
Sounds like you've bought a clone. If it wasn't listed as a clone tell him you are reporting him to trading standards for selling counterfeit goods if he doesn't refund you.

I have just emailed him on the case I have opened against him on eBay saying I want a full refund or will contact trading standards.

So is the box completely bricked? I am guessing this wouldn't of happened if it had been genuine?

judge
04-05-14, 21:00
For that price - £129.99, it certainly looks like a clone.

Larry-G
04-05-14, 21:15
by the advice he has given you it certainly sounds like a clone, in which case i would report him.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud_protection/counterfeit_goods

judge
04-05-14, 21:29
Yes, sorry. Didn't read it all, only spotted the price.

"I must of updated the box with Blackhole 2.0.9.1 v2 which was released on April 19 2014 and that had a virus in it which has wiped my flash and bricked my box so no refund"
No doubt about the fact that it is a clone.
Do as pheonix says above & report him.

seame
04-05-14, 22:04
Can he be named? We could post questions on his ebay advert asking if its a clone so others can be made aware.

Larry-G
04-05-14, 22:08
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?207-Name-and-shame-rogue-traders

Walt
04-05-14, 22:55
That link doesn't appear to work.

judge
04-05-14, 23:05
Working here...

cactikid
04-05-14, 23:07
working here also,must be an old thread not updated:confused::)

Walt
04-05-14, 23:46
Just come onto the page on the computer as I was using tapatalk on my phone reading it and it works fine on the pc. One of the many tapatalk limitations. Feel free to delete my posts. :p