PDA

View Full Version : Gigant Image 06.11.2010

satmanbasil
13-11-10, 23:32
Hi mates

Well i have had vix in the box for the past few months but noticed a few new images about so i gave the Gigant image another bash and all i can say is im blown away with what this has to offer the have taken the best of a number of images but its based on black hole. Graphics are sharp and picture quality is good too and endless downloads available but im so loving some of the skins available on this image HD glass is cool as it allows you to have different on screen displays from the pluging menu.
I tryed the gigant image a while back and wasnt impressed but it shows they have been working hard to get this right so i shall play with this a little longer.

regards
satmanbasil

irishchris
13-11-10, 23:40
shame they dont have latest drivers or i would be tempted to try it out

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 23:55
post the imagein the dowloads section so we can try it out

irishchris
13-11-10, 23:58
post the imagein the dowloads section so we can try it out

hi mate its already in it
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3579-Gigant-Multiboot-Image-for-Duo-to-VU-Webkurier-06-11-2010

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 00:01
ah my bad thanks
may back up vix and load it for a play about not used any other image apart from vix since geting box

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 00:06
have to say i love the hd glass 14 skin but it has issues with vix 1.2 works perfect on vix 1.1

irishchris
14-11-10, 00:08
ah my bad thanks
may back up vix and load it for a play about not used any other image apart from vix since geting box
no probs mate. how do you go about backup of vix and restore mate?

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 00:12
go to setup vix image manager and green for new backup and yellow for restore or you can transfer the backup from hdd and put it on a usb and do a usb restore same as installing an image

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 01:12
tried it think i'll go back to vix now

irishchris
14-11-10, 01:16
tried it think i'll go back to vix now

not good? was thinking of trying it while waiting for updated vix 1.3. how is its reliability and epg?

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 01:22
epg is s**t every thing else for the 5 mins i used is where same if not inferior to vix

tomthebomb1968
14-11-10, 01:26
Yeah it works and looks well but am having terrible trouble with recordings not playing back correct. Had no trouble playing these when vix was installed. ThInk i will stick newest BH in flash and use meoboot to experment with others.

irishchris
14-11-10, 01:35
epg is s**t every thing else for the 5 mins i used is where same if not inferior to vix

think i will stick with vix so in anticipation of 1.3 i know andy said it would be maybe yesterday in post so fingers crossed for morning news on vix 1.3 :)

stuattravs
14-11-10, 01:56
Yeah it works and looks well but am having terrible trouble with recordings not playing back correct. Had no trouble playing these when vix was installed. ThInk i will stick newest BH in flash and use meoboot to experment with others.

Yeah I've been using the latest gigant image since it came out and I've gotta say I really like it the one thing letting it down is the glitching in recordings which I don't think is confined just to this image, also this image is the ONLY image I've used which doesn't have issues with the epg( no fixes required or green screens) it just works, that being said I change my image like my pants

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 01:58
Yeah I've been using the latest gigant image since it came out and I've gotta say I really like it the one thing letting it down is the glitching in recordings which I don't think is confined just to this image, also this image is the ONLY image I've used which doesn't have issues with the epg( no fixes required or green screens) it just works, that being said I change my image like my pants

when i say epg is s**t i ment i dont like it not that it does not work and i actually did not like the image qulaity in comparison to vix but each to their own i guess

stuattravs
14-11-10, 02:04
when i say epg is s**t i ment i dont like it not that it does not work and i actually did not like the image qulaity in comparison to vix but each to their own i guess

Like I say I'll probs have vix back on next week just everything feels settled with this image apart from the recordings

satsatsat
14-11-10, 14:14
to be fair......i love vix but i did try gigant and was very impressed with it...very stable and all functions work well....

i then tried a software update and that was that.....so i would say very good image looks good works well...dont do a software update thou

Hamram
14-11-10, 20:55
I did try this image today, and I really didn't get to know it very well, 'cause it kept giving me the green screen when I was doing ordinary zapping between the channels. Moving from one HD-channel to another, would give me a green screen far to often, so now I'm back with BH 1.3.3, waitng for the next VIX. I'm not using CCcam, so the problem might be related to the CAM..?

satmanbasil
14-11-10, 22:54
Hi mate

@hamram
Must be something wrong with ur setup i have had this running for the past few days without any problem or green screen and that includes zapping between hd and sd channels.

@silverfox

EPG is the same as vix image did you do a long press epg button and do your setup ??

with picture quality i thought the gigant image was slightly more sharp and bright compared to vix but as already mentioned each to there own guess alot depends on what tv and how you have that setup helps

Only glitch i have noticed is that CCcam tends to switch off when powering down seems they dont have script or blue button to keep CCcam enabled unlike vix

regards satmanbasil

Hamram
14-11-10, 23:35
@satmanbasil: It might be so, but it was difficult tu pin-ponit the faulty setting. Alle the settings were the same as I use in BH 1.3.3. Same files for the cam, and no changes in any settings. Maybe I'll try gain tomorrow, as my moste stable image (1.3.3) is backed up on a USB-stick, so it's very easy to restore the Vu+ afterwards. Zapping from HD to HD, or quick zapping between other channels would very often result in green screen.

mo.p
15-11-10, 00:15
Hi mates

Well i have had vix in the box for the past few months but noticed a few new images about so i gave the Gigant image another bash and all i can say is im blown away with what this has to offer the have taken the best of a number of images but its based on black hole. Graphics are sharp and picture quality is good too and endless downloads available but im so loving some of the skins available on this image HD glass is cool as it allows you to have different on screen displays from the pluging menu.
I tryed the gigant image a while back and wasnt impressed but it shows they have been working hard to get this right so i shall play with this a little longer.

regards
satmanbasil

hi m8 i would agree with u aswell m8 also this image is the ONLY image I've used which doesn't have issues with the epg( no fixes required and i all ways change images but with this image well impressed image

canthackit
15-11-10, 14:10
well!

i thought i'd give it another go, generaly quite good image no crashes or GSOD's, the epg is another matter though unlike mo.p i'm having major issues with it, it seems to me the only option is crossepg no RyVix etc, and for me it's just not populating any satellite apart from the odd channel here and there.

so i dont reckon this image and will be going back to VIX 1.2

regards: canthackit

Hamram
15-11-10, 19:57
@satmanbasil: It might be so, but it was difficult tu pin-point the faulty setting. Alle the settings were the same as I use in BH 1.3.3. Same files for the cam, and no changes in any settings. Maybe I'll try gain tomorrow, as my moste stable image (1.3.3) is backed up on a USB-stick, so it's very easy to restore the Vu+ afterwards. Zapping from HD to HD, or quick zapping between other channels would very often result in green screen.

Tried it once more, but still gets the green screen while zapping. Maybe this image just doesn't work that well with gbox..?

satmanbasil
15-11-10, 23:30
Hi mate

Just checking the list it could be a reason ..no mention of gbox cam support in the list I did a quick look round the www to see if anyone was using it but dont seem so. Im using CCcam with no problems , maybe in time they will add gbox support sorry it didnt work for you.
I may well revisit vix again sometime in the future as upgrades and bugs are sorted out but for now i will continue with this impressive image

regards
satmanbasil

bob1
16-11-10, 08:25
As anyone tried the latest version, is the video playback problem still there.