PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Online Update Down ???

shadowman007
03-05-14, 21:10
Hi, just wanted to know is the online update down or something? am on Helios 010 and trying to update via Menu/Setup/Software update but it just says nothing to update? I also have tried via Telnet with the following command: init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
but all it says downloading package and the screen goes black and nothing after that.

shadowman007
03-05-14, 21:22
Ok guys a update: It seems there might be a problem as plugins also say "feeds maybe unstable" however I turned on the option "Allow unstable (Experimental) updates" and it does find updates this way. But should I update as I always have this option turned off when I update?

Larry-G
03-05-14, 21:37
The feeds were set to unstable for build 14 or 15, it's nothing to worry about, the fix is already being built for the issue that triggered the decision to set the feeds to unstable.

shadowman007
03-05-14, 21:48
The feeds were set to unstable for build 14 or 15, it's nothing to worry about, the fix is already being built for the issue that triggered the decision to set the feeds to unstable.

Hi Pheonix, does this mean I have to have the "Allow unstable (Experimental) updates" option to be turned "ON" from know on? because in the past I have had this option turned off and did updates for new builds? You also mentioned the unstable feeds were set for build 14 or 15.......but am on build 10 and still getting this message?

Stanman
03-05-14, 21:50
Only set to unstable if you want to install them otherwise leave it as is but this means you will not be able to use feeds when image update status is set to unstable.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
03-05-14, 21:53
If you want to use the image feeds while they are set to unstable you must select yes to allow unstable updates option, or you can just sit and wait until they are again set to stable.

This is not dependent on the build your using, its just a way for us to say we have found a issue allowing you can choose for your self if you want to allow a update to a potentially unstable image build. if your unsure just keep the option set to off.

shadowman007
03-05-14, 22:23
If you want to use the image feeds while they are set to unstable you must select yes to allow unstable updates option, or you can just sit and wait until they are again set to stable.

This is not dependent on the build your using, its just a way for us to say we have found a issue allowing you can choose for your self if you want to allow a update to a potentially unstable image build. if your unsure just keep the option set to off.

Thanks for that Pheonix, So if I understand correctly when am doing a online update I won't see build 11 since 15 is the latest one and because build 15 is still unstable I cannot see it with "Allow unstable (Experimental) updates" turned off.

avi68
03-05-14, 22:36
I was just going to ask the same question. My duo came up with an update in the morning, but I didn't update as I was recording a couple of programs, but in the evening when I was going to update the box, a message appears saying nothing to update. Was strange, but now I know it got pulled. (On build 12 atm)

shadowman007
03-05-14, 22:42
UPDATE: seems like I may have run into another problem trying to update to build 15. Am currently stuck on the following message after clicking install (green button)

"Upgrade in progress
Please wait until your Vu+ Duo2 reboots
This may take a few minutes"

well it's been over 5 minutes my Vu+Duo2 receiver front panel has also gone blank?

judge
03-05-14, 22:42
Thanks for that Pheonix, So if I understand correctly when am doing a online update I won't see build 11 since 15 is the latest one and because build 15 is still unstable I cannot see it with "Allow unstable (Experimental) updates" turned off.

Yes, that's correct, although it was build 14 that was labled as unstable. Build 15 is still being built for some boxes, I'd expect feeds/updates to be set to stable again in the morning.

Larry-G
04-05-14, 06:48
Build 15 has now been released and the feeds reset back to stable.