PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding - Once and For All

bathingaper
03-05-14, 00:08
Hi - I have the solo2 now running on the latest Helios image. I just reflashed it from vix build 808 - where I was having issues with getting transcoding to work.

I participated in this thread earlier:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37643-OpenVPN-Use&p=287445#post287445

Robin van der Does says that transcoding is now working however I still can't get it to work.

I can get the normal stream to work however the transcoded stream doesn't play on my mobile via the vu+ app or on my laptop and desktop via VLC media player.

Both the ports for streaming and transcoding are open on my router and set correctly. Transcoding is configured from plugins menu too.

Can anybody please help?

judge
03-05-14, 00:17
Does it work for you on internal network?
Working fine here on local network on Solo2, default Helios settings.
Best to get it working on local network before you start streaming to external networks...

bathingaper
03-05-14, 00:20
Does it work for you on internal network?
Working fine here on local network on Solo2, default Helios settings.
Best to get it working on local network before you start streaming to external networks...

nope can't get it to work internally. Can get the stream working internally fine though.

Desktop is wired. Mobile vu+ app over wifi. Both don't work :/

judge
03-05-14, 00:30
Enable debug logs & upload them.
Just checked on VLC & no problems on internal wireless network to laptop.
Using a test build though, but last time I checked on a released Helios build, had the same results.

bathingaper
03-05-14, 00:50
Enable debug logs & upload them.
Just checked on VLC & no problems on internal wireless network to laptop.
Using a test build though, but last time I checked on a released Helios build, had the same results.

I've got logs enabled however no log file is appearing in /home/root/logs. Strange

judge
03-05-14, 00:58
I've got logs enabled however no log file is appearing in /home/root/logs. Strange

Restart E2 or reboot the box to enable debug logs after changing settings.
Also, as the debug log will show little info on devices used please add Image, build number, device used, OS used, app used & so on when uploading the debug logs.

bathingaper
03-05-14, 01:23
Thanks - Log uploaded to pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/BkCCKsQb

Device: VU+ Solo2 (Official)
Image: Helios
Build: 012
Desktop PC used to connect to openwebif and click on the "transcode" icon. One attempt by saving the .m3u icon to the desktop and opening with VLC and the 2nd attempt was to open the file without downloading to desktop, again with VLC.

AzZ
03-05-14, 02:06
Are you also using the default settings for openwebif? Make sure your Http port is set to 80 and transcoding port to 8002. I have a Solo2 running Helios 0.12 and just tested it and transcoding is working fine. Tested it on the Vu+ app as well and that is also working.

Edit: On the plus side transcoding now seems to be working when authentication is enabled, it wasn't before.

bathingaper
03-05-14, 02:25
Are you also using the default settings for openwebif? Make sure your Http port is set to 80 and transcoding port to 8002. I have a Solo2 running Helios 0.12 and just tested it and transcoding is working fine. Tested it on the Vu+ app as well and that is also working.

Edit: On the plus side transcoding now seems to be working when authentication is enabled, it wasn't before.

I actually had port 80 changed to another port (to keep all my web accessable programs together) but I've changed openwebif port to 80 now and transcoding has worked on the vu+ android app albeit looks rather blocky even on an 800kbps stream plus audio/video out of sync by a few seconds.

At least it's a step in the right direction!

Rob van der Does
03-05-14, 04:34
1- The name is Rob, not Robin
2- Next time please attach a log to the post, not on an external server
3- Links to external sites should be in code, not in url.

bathingaper
03-05-14, 10:09
1- The name is Rob, not Robin
2- Next time please attach a log to the post, not on an external server
3- Links to external sites should be in code, not in url.

my bad Rob.

File attached. Transcoding is stil choppy and audio/video out of sync on my desktop via VLC.

Rob van der Does
03-05-14, 10:44
You have set the frame rate to 50; please set to 30 and try again.

PS: 25 or 50 should be logical on this hemisphere, but the Solo2 doesn't like it.

bathingaper
03-05-14, 21:25
You have set the frame rate to 50; please set to 30 and try again.

PS: 25 or 50 should be logical on this hemisphere, but the Solo2 doesn't like it.

Thanks, no difference when setting to 25 :(

chaser
03-05-14, 23:09
Thanks, no difference when setting to 25 :(you were asked to try setting it to 30 - not 25:confused:

bathingaper
03-05-14, 23:18
you were asked to try setting it to 30 - not 25:confused:

doh - i meant i tried 25 and 30 :)

bathingaper
04-05-14, 14:26
Update - just realised when I thought I tried with 30 fps I hadn't saved it - doh!

Tried with 30 fps and a bit rate of 1 mbit - a lot better and audio/video seems to be within a second of each other. I guess I can live with that if I'm just watching the footy.

So the recommended setting is 30fps?

Rob van der Does
04-05-14, 16:47
Yes .