PDA

View Full Version : Loop through? Quad setup Recording Channels?

shadowman007
02-05-14, 14:42
Hi, am still a noob when it comes to understanding these tuner setups so if anyone can help me will really appreciate it. Ok here's the thing I have a Sky mini dish which has a Quad LNB which has 2x coaxial cables coming from 2 LNB's and 2 are not being used. My Vu+ Duo 2 on the other hand has 1x twin tuners both feeds are labelled "LNB IN currently I can record 1 channel while watching another but when I record 2 channels at the same time cannot watch a 3rd channel well I can but needs to be on the same transponder but there are so many channels that get faded out. Know I want go quad I know I will need another twin tuner but will this mean I will need 2x coaxial cables more coming from other 2 unused LNB's? reason why I ask is I read something about the Loop through setup? how does this work? the thing is the pictures I have seen for a loop through setup have 2x twin tuners but one is labelled "Lnb in" and the other is labelled "Loop out" ? if I do go with this setup will I get a quad setup meaning I can record 3 different channels while watching a 4th?
Sorry if the above does not make sense I have tried my best to make sense. :)

DaMacFunkin
02-05-14, 14:52
You can loop through internally if you have an extra twin tuner installed, this should enable you to record or watch channels that are on the same quadrant rather than just on the same transponder, but to be able to fully watch or record 3 or more programs without restriction you will need extra feeds.

shadowman007
02-05-14, 16:53
You can loop through internally if you have an extra twin tuner installed, this should enable you to record or watch channels that are on the same quadrant rather than just on the same transponder, but to be able to fully watch or record 3 or more programs without restriction you will need extra feeds.

Hi, thanks for that the current tuner I have is a S/S2 Twin tuner and on both feeds it's labelled "LNB IN" but wouldn't I need 2x single S/S2 tuners because on them there's one feed that says "LNB IN" and the other one "Loop Out" ? please see the following picture on what am trying to say (screen shot taken from the VU+ Duo2 manual.)

Rob van der Does
02-05-14, 17:46
So you have 2 single tuners? If so, you need an external loopthrough cable (from loop out to LNB in).

If you actually have dual tuners, you can set tuner 2 to looptrough to tuner 1 (it's internal) and tuner 4 to loopthrough to tuner 3 (also internal).

shadowman007
02-05-14, 18:29
So you have 2 single tuners? If so, you need an external loopthrough cable (from loop out to LNB in).

If you actually have dual tuners, you can set tuner 2 to looptrough to tuner 1 (it's internal) and tuner 4 to loopthrough to tuner 3 (also internal).

Yea sorry should have made it more clearer I currently only have 1x dual S/S2 tuner (2 tuners in all) and on both ports it says "LNB IN" I understand what i need know another 1x dual s/s2 tuner (making it 4 tuners in all) and do a internal loopthrough. Before I was thinking of getting 2x single s/s2 tuners because I thought this is the only way loopthrough would work using the loopthrough cable. But from what you have said I understand I will not need the loopthrough cable for 2x dual s/s2 tuners as it will loopthough internal plus this option seems better if I decide in the future to have another 2 feeds coming from my 2 LNB's as this is a Quad LNB.

DaMacFunkin
02-05-14, 19:02
Internal loop through actually works better than external on the duo2, because of the dodgy drivers (I think that's what Rob said)

Rob van der Does
02-05-14, 19:54
All loopthrough issues have been fixed in recent driver updates.