PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!

scottydog77
01-05-14, 14:26
Been trying to work out where to start with all this and quite frankly its a bit baffling. I can see a lot late night reading ahead!

One question - I have a few questions regarding what equipment I need to make a start (usual stuff like what box, dish etc). Which forum should I put this in? Or is there a guide available?

Thank you!

josh_g
01-05-14, 14:32
:hello: and :welcome: to WoS

for you question it all depends what you are trying to achieve! lets start with the basics what card to you have an what satellites are you trying to get?

scottydog77
01-05-14, 15:18
Well, I've just cancelled all my Sky except the basic entertainment and HD (I don't want to lose F1HD and cancelling means if I go back I'll have to get Sports which doesn't interest me)

However, up till now we've had 3 boxes around the house and I'm really looking for alternative content providers and what is available as far as content goes.

I didn't know whether I could get a different box to work with Sky or get a different box to work with something else or whether I'd need a fixed or motorised dish if the current sky dish won't cut it.

Your new box setup guide is particularly useful!

josh_g
01-05-14, 16:30
you will be able to pick up all your sky channels with your viewing card (bar some HD that sky have locked down) if you looking for alternatives and other free content you are going to want to get your self a motorised set up that will will allow you to get other satellites.

a good motorized set up will cost around £150 and the sponsor offers a variety of packages.

box wise you will probably want a twin tuner setup and the VU+ solo2 is a very good box but if you after something cheaper look at the Miracle or Technomate boxes