PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] No more sky?

DaMacFunkin
01-05-14, 12:59
With sky updating all it's boxes and announcing a new epg does that mean they will close the old one leaving vix boxes unable to access it?

Sicilian
01-05-14, 13:44
If they do you can use XMLTV Importer ;)

davy28
01-05-14, 14:41
Hi Sicilian how would I utilise XMLTV importer mate.

josh_g
01-05-14, 14:46
Hi Sicilian how would I utilise XMLTV importer mate.

To setup Rytek as your EPG
Select XMLTV-importer then as above set your preferred download time and set the daily automatic import option to enable. you can keep all other options at their defaults.
Now press blue and tick all the sky uk options once done press green to save. You can now press manual to download this EPG again as with CrossEPG This will take a few minutes, but once done you should have a fully working EPG setup.

Also note that if you use Rytek as your EPG provider you must have an active internet connection to the receiver as it needs to connect to the internet to download the EPG data. If however you use CrossEPG you do not need an active internet connection as it uses the same source as SKY UK for its EPG (a radio channel previously known as the hip hip channel).

taken from the new box set up guide ;)

seame
01-05-14, 14:50
I had heard sky were changing their epg but thought it was just the UI. Are they changing the way their boxes receive the data?

davy28
01-05-14, 14:57
Thanks Josh much appreciated:thumbsup:

marty
01-05-14, 15:07
I didn't think the older boxes were able to use the new update? Maybe Sky will maintain the EPG for older and SD boxes?

garyblas
01-05-14, 18:03
According to Andy ( see link ) All Sky going by end of year HD and SD

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37690-How-to-Swap-HD-channel-for-SD-channel/page2

Rob van der Does
01-05-14, 18:24
...... If however you use CrossEPG you do not need an active internet connection as it uses the same source as SKY UK for its EPG....
i.e. if you use Open-TV in Cross.

Also be aware that XMLTV data is grabbed from various websites and only updated once a day. Make sure to download XMLTV data after 07.00 MET to get the actual data.

judge
01-05-14, 23:56
With sky updating all it's boxes and announcing a new epg does that mean they will close the old one leaving vix boxes unable to access it?

More scaremongering...

barry2012
06-05-14, 08:51
Think the 3D channels been taken mines gone walkies

^^COMPASS^^
06-05-14, 12:04
Think the 3D channels been taken mines gone walkies

Sky 3d channel is sometimes used to show "3D Movies At The Box Office"
this would explain why your not clearing this channel 24/7