PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Technomate Motor Stopped - No Lights

leeski
30-04-14, 15:10
Hi,

Just went to search on my foreign dish (fixed dish at 28.2 for uk) & 1m motorised dish using a Technomate TM-2600 motor for rest of europe but nothing!

Current set-up is simple, usals… I checked the connectors and they were all good… up the ladder and the feed from my VU+ is giving me 12v into the motor… (I have an electrical tester that records 12/18/24/110/240v etc) however no green or even red light is showing on the motor, even after resetting the motor… needless to say its playing dead!

Any ideas? am I correct in thinking that 12v is enough to make the motor light up in normal conditions? I remember previous versions of vix allowing the power output to the motor to be set manually, but the latest image using usals has no option to increase the voltage to the motor.

I'm guessing the motors had it (20 months old)… if so whats your views on a better replacement?

Cheers

Alec
30-04-14, 23:14
Hi,

Just went to search on my foreign dish (fixed dish at 28.2 for uk) & 1m motorised dish using a Technomate TM-2600 motor for rest of europe but nothing!

Current set-up is simple, usals… I checked the connectors and they were all good… up the ladder and the feed from my VU+ is giving me 12v into the motor… (I have an electrical tester that records 12/18/24/110/240v etc) however no green or even red light is showing on the motor, even after resetting the motor… needless to say its playing dead!

Any ideas? am I correct in thinking that 12v is enough to make the motor light up in normal conditions? I remember previous versions of vix allowing the power output to the motor to be set manually, but the latest image using usals has no option to increase the voltage to the motor.

I'm guessing the motors had it (20 months old)… if so whats your views on a better replacement?

Cheers
The LNB output is quoted at 14/18v horiz/ vertical. from the receiver, and a max of around 400ma. So the LNB is part of the motor circuit If there is a break any where: open circuit motor winding ; open circuit cable ; limit operated, and open circuit LNB it would stop the motor working. I would put my AVO on resistance check, and check where the open circuit is.

leeski
01-05-14, 08:45
The LNB output is quoted at 14/18v horiz/ vertical. from the receiver, and a max of around 400ma. So the LNB is part of the motor circuit If there is a break any where: open circuit motor winding ; open circuit cable ; limit operated, and open circuit LNB it would stop the motor working. I would put my AVO on resistance check, and check where the open circuit is.

Thank you, I'll try and get back up there later today & report back… I must admit I thought the led on the motor should at least light up (and allow me to move with the motors east/west button) with the cable from the receiver, regardless of the lnb status?