PDA

View Full Version : DTS Problem

Ojustaboo
29-04-14, 20:48
Hi all, I don't know much about what I'm talking about so bear with me.

This could be something to do with what's being discussed in the GB Driver thread, it could be a ViX issue but I think it probably ins't hence am posting here first.

Upgraded today from Zeus to Helios 010.

At the same time I played around with a few A/V settings

I have it connected to a Denon amp via optical, I was listening in stereo but decided today to try and get 5.1 working.

Was easy enough to do, simply set the "Dolby Digital/\dts downmix" to No

Tried playing some MKV files I have on the HD and the 5.1 worked perfectly except for one small problem. The same problem when I now select any HD channel on my Quad, (SD channels are fine)

The Quads remote volume has almost zero effect on the volume for just 5.1 and HD channels, It doesn't alter the volume at all, unless you take it down to zero when it mutes it. Being used to using the Quad remote for the volume, this is a little pain.

I suspect it might be working as intended due to the way it works?

One other thing I noticed, it mutes at zero but only if you stop on zero, or to put it another way, if I hold the volume down, I can hear it mute for a second when the volume bar gets to zero but if I keep holding it down, it unmutes, If I press it up then down a couple of times, I can get it to mute again, but it's like the mute point is set 1 away from when the volume is actually at min, as I can press it down once more and the sound comes back.

TLDR version

Cant get the remotes volume to control 5.1 dts sound, is this working as intended?

rossi2000
29-04-14, 21:00
yes thats right.

by setting the downmix to "no" your boxing is now passing the audio signal to your amp which then does the processing on it to give you your sound.
you will need to use your amp control to do the volume.

unless you have an harmony remote then you can do it.

Sirius
29-04-14, 21:03
Be good if this is possible, I don't think I have ever had my solo2 volume button control work when viewing 5.1 audio. I usually use my av reciever remote to control the volume.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Trial
29-04-14, 21:04
Hi,
AC3 and DTS Volumen can not be controled with the box.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk

Ojustaboo
03-05-14, 11:02
I see the new Quad Plus comes with a universal remote

http://www.gigablue.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HDQUADPLUSUniversalRemoteControllerManual.pdf

Looks almost identical except where mine has F1, F2, F3, F4, the new one has Giga, TV, AUX and DVD

Pity we cant get the original ones to work in the same way.