PDA

View Full Version : vu solo green light + black screen...HELP ME!

vusolomax
29-04-14, 16:43
Hello!

I recently tried a software update and when it said "this may take a few minutes" left the thing but when I cam back I had a black screen. The remote won't do anything now and I have nothing but a solid green light on the solo box. The only way to turn it off is by unplugging. Please help me get back into my box.

I am a total novice so step by step (for dummies) would be helpful.

Thanks.

Larry-G
29-04-14, 16:57
Sorry but we need a little more info such as the image build you were using. Plus the obvious question, is the receiver a clone or a genuine unit ?.

Sent from my cyclone voyager using Tapatalk

vusolomax
29-04-14, 17:03
Hi! It's a genuine Solo. I have no idea on the image i was using or what build sorry! I got it from an ex-colleague but he has no idea either....great eh? I stupidly went to update the software and came back to a black screen. I've done some research and the web says to download "cfe_solo_2.0.zip" and reboot the box but I cannot find a single site that doesn't give me a decompression failure when I try downloading it. hellllllllllllllllp!

Larry-G
29-04-14, 17:18
I am not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that the receiver requires a bootloader update, but it does sound suspiciously like a clone to me.

If you for example had ViX on the receiver and used the online update option from within the image, it would not require a new bootloader and the bootloader for the original Vu+ solo was updated something like two years ago. It sounds to me like you'r receiver may have updated the newer anti clone drivers which is why it wont power on. but we would need to know definitively if it is a clone or not ( we cant offer support for clones ).

you can get the bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk if you are still certain it needs a bootloader update.

boysheff
29-04-14, 18:26
my vu duo did similar to your box pal. when i flashed to new software the openvix screen came up and stuck. when i switch it off and back on i got black screen and said starting, after many flash atempts a solid red light came on. after some research it turned out to be a clone and never managed to sort it.thanks god i got it cheaply.

i agree with phoenix, it does sound a clone

blueboy81
13-05-14, 12:09
I'm having the same issue with a friends box that i am updating for him. flashes fine but soon as i restart just no signal at all, tried everything suggested and dozens of images but still nothing. The box is genuine as well and was working fine before the update. Box is about 3 years old i think.I think it had vix 3.0 on it when he give me it. Anyone suggest anything?

Many thanks

blueboy81
14-05-14, 11:48
Problem sorted... Issue with 2 mem sticks an an iMac. Whew!.

nsw9154
14-05-14, 14:08
That's why i have 10 memory sticks :rolleyes: :D

cactikid
15-05-14, 22:23
i have a working cruzer usb that does the job,quality counts.:D

Larry-G
15-05-14, 22:47
i have a working cruzer usb that does the job,quality counts.:D

never had a issue with these sticks either, I have over a dozen for my various receivers.