PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] vu solo is it an original or clone

mike4scuba
29-04-14, 14:42
friend bought one off fleabay with red light.

had a look inside box and its states vuplus solo v1.4 2013.06.13 on the motherboard

has a sticker with lonrisun on one of the chips

please advise

Rob van der Does
29-04-14, 14:50
100% sure a clone: Lonrisum is the Chinese cloner who's Solo2's have died all over Europe last week.

irene1957
11-05-14, 11:36
Hi, im not sure if im posting in the right thread, Im just looking some advice. I received a vu+ solo2 in January 2014 as a gift. was assured it was genuine, however I recently tried to update with new helios and received the "hw error" after searching this forum I checked the guide to clones and apart from there being no dots inside inner circle of vent I really cant see any other way to know for sure, also it states made in Korea on the back and Ive read somewhere that this means its genuine. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if its possible that it is genuine before I make a fool out of myself. Thank you.

judge
11-05-14, 11:42
If it's showing "hw error" on a recent image, it's pretty likely it's a clone.

Stanman
11-05-14, 11:44
Take a picture of the inside and post here.

If your running the latest helios and box is booting than very likely not a clone as clones have issue with latest image - does not boot and nothing on vfd.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

irene1957
11-05-14, 11:46
Thanks Judge for your reply, I wish I had of had the love event plugin So that I would know for sure, I would hate to confront someone close to me without knowing for sure.

irene1957
11-05-14, 11:49
Hi, Stanman. I wasnt able to run the helios or zeus because of the hw error, I reverted back to the vix 3 on the backup just to get it working again but I cant access any plugins as its stating feeds down for maintenance. Ill try to get inside it to take a photo, Im a bit wary of opening it in case I do something wrong.

Larry-G
11-05-14, 11:52
Thanks Judge for your reply, I wish I had of had the love event plugin So that I would know for sure, I would hate to confront someone close to me without knowing for sure.

That plugin is not worth the code it's written in any longer, It was beaten a long long time ago.

judge
11-05-14, 11:57
Hi, Stanman. I wasnt able to run the helios or zeus because of the hw error, I reverted back to the vix 3 on the backup just to get it working again but I cant access any plugins as its stating feeds down for maintenance. Ill try to get inside it to take a photo, Im a bit wary of opening it in case I do something wrong.

If that's the case, again I'd be pretty sure it's a clone.
You're lucky it gave a hw error & didn't update as it would have wiped the flash memory.
Saying that, I'd still plug it out & put it away as it's also a fire hazard.

irene1957
11-05-14, 12:01
Ill see if I can get into it and get a photo. Thanks for all the help

irene1957
16-05-14, 13:06
Hi, ive opened the box and there is a small part that has the word lonrison on it, does that mean its a clone, or is it possible that this would be inside a genuine box. Thanks in advance.

judge
16-05-14, 13:07
Hi, ive opened the box and there is a small part that has the word lonrison on it, does that mean its a clone, or is it possible that this would be inside a genuine box. Thanks in advance.

It's a clone. Lonrison are clone manufacturers.

irene1957
16-05-14, 13:17
Hi, Judge thanks, I was able to contact the seller who sold it to my friend and he tells me that its not a clone as otherwise the box would have been bricked after the update, as it would have killed the bootloader. I had reinstalled an old version of vix and got the box to boot up. he is insisting that I am wrong I just wanted to make sure that world of satellite wouldnt have a lonrisun oart in it.

judge
16-05-14, 13:32
He's telling you porkies.
It's an older revision of the clone that doesn't take current images, so never got hit by the 'time bomb'.

irene1957
16-05-14, 13:40
Hi, I just spoke to him again after your first reply, he told me he bought it of a world of satellite supplier who is now going to get in touch with. Thanks Judge for all your help.

Maxwell
16-05-14, 14:28
Hi, I just spoke to him again after your first reply, he told me he bought it of a world of satellite supplier who is now going to get in touch with. Thanks Judge for all your help.
Not possible as World of Satellite do not sell clones - you are being given the runaround and lied to

irene1957
16-05-14, 14:35
Thanks Maxwell, my friend who bought it will be getting his money back and Ill get a genuine one. Thanks to everyone on this forum as without all your replies and posts I never would have know, I really appreciate all your help.

gerryd13
16-05-14, 16:08
tell him your seeking legal advice because he's selling you a counterfeit good as its not a genuine box but a clone, and clones of anything are illegal. just scare him into believing you and maybe he get scared. tell him your reporting him to ebay as the WOS confirm its a clone :thumbsup: