PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Channel Numbering same as $ky?

Ant1942
28-04-14, 23:18
In a different thread.............

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz
If you use ABM or Lraizers version, the numbers will be per the official listing.

I use the ABM built into the VIX image but I must have missed a setting somewhere.
My channels seem to have extra numbers in front eg:-
BBC One = 1101, Sky News = 2287, Nat Geo = 2312

Could you please point me the right way to correct this?
Thanks.

weirskynet
28-04-14, 23:22
Setup -> system-> channel selection settings

And set alternative numbering to on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirskynet
Living in harmony with his ,
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

judge
28-04-14, 23:22
Looks like you have a main bouquet with all channels in it as well as bouquets for categories.
So SKY numbering should also still work using the number buttons on your remote.
Also, build 808 is pretty old now & no longer updated, please update to a current build (http://openvix.co.uk) for support.

Ant1942
29-04-14, 15:24
@weirskynet
Thanks for that.....I've tried that but now all bouquets are numbered as 1,2,3 etc
still not with the $ky channel numbers.

Perhaps it's the setting in the ABM Providers.......mine looks like this....

@judge
I've always had trouble FINDING the latest build.......I used 808 because it was the newest I could find.
Should I be looking for something that is called OpenVix-Helios or is that something else.
So, basically what and where is the latest stable Vix image for the Vu+ Uno?

josh_g
29-04-14, 15:29
first off do you have another channel list installed on the box that is getting the normal sky numbering?

secondly latest images can be found here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUno/

Ant1942
29-04-14, 15:37
first off do you have another channel list installed on the box that is getting the normal sky numbering?

secondly latest images can be found here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUno/

I have no other channel list installed.......just the one generated by ABM.

So, IT IS the OpenVix-Helios versions I need. I thought they might be some modified offshoot version (just being cautious)

josh_g
29-04-14, 15:39
thats really strange.. maybe someone who knows ABM better than me maybe able to help.

yerp thats the one :thumbsup:try a fresh flash with that and start ABM from scratch and see how you get on :cool:

Ant1942
29-04-14, 15:51
Thanks, I will try Helios 010 tonight.
Can't do it now.......it's recording something.
Perhaps it will sort out another odd effect which occurs sometimes in the Bouquet List where
it momentarily shows the word "Separator" instead of the bouquet name.

josh_g
29-04-14, 15:56
@weirskynet
Thanks for that.....I've tried that but now all bouquets are numbered as 1,2,3 etc

@judge
I've always had trouble FINDING the latest build.......I used 808 because it was the newest I could find.
Should I be looking for something that is called OpenVix-Helios or is that something else.

just a thought turn the fresat channels off??

abu baniaz
29-04-14, 16:00
No need to switch freesat off. Just make sure it is last in list of providers

Ant1942
29-04-14, 19:50
OK, I'm now on Helios 010.........CCcam etc installed........ABM & epg setup.....picons downloaded..... Skin applied
So.....that's a couple of hours I won't get back :rolleyes:

I've run the ABM and in the "All channels" Bouquet they are all now in $ky numbering order.
But in the individual bouquets they are all are numbered numerically starting at 1
For Instance in the "Movies bouquet" $ky Premier = 1 whilst in the "All Channels"
bouquet it is correctly numbered 301.

Is this correct? Or should the channels in their individual bouquets retain their $ky numbers?

Andy_Hazza
29-04-14, 19:59
@weirskynet

@judge

Turn the SKY UK: 'generate main bouquet' to no and this will put the numbering in order for you. Make sure you shift freesat to below SkyUK in order. Then rescan. :thumbsup:

Ant1942
29-04-14, 21:08
Thanks Andy.......that seems to have done the trick.
The "All Channels" bouquet has gone and the other bouquets now retain their real $ky channel numbers.

Just one thing, both you and an early poster mentioned "shifting freesat to below SkyUK in order".
Assuming that this means in the ABM Providers list, I don't see an option to shift them up/down.
Is this option somewhere else?

Andy_Hazza
29-04-14, 21:54
In the providers order bit, highlight 'freesat' and yellow to move. Obviously if freesat is below SkyUK you are ok. :D

Ant1942
01-05-14, 20:34
So, now that it's working OK, here are my ABM settings for $ky numbering.
(Just in case anyone else wants them)
Note, that I've changed to all SD bouquets since HD is nearing the end which
is why I started this exercise is the first place.

abu baniaz
01-05-14, 20:47
Can you upload the providers screen showing freesat below Sky

Ant1942
02-05-14, 12:39
Can you upload the providers screen showing freesat below Sky

Sure.....here you go

sigpark
31-05-14, 10:37
So, now that it's working OK, here are my ABM settings for $ky numbering.
(Just in case anyone else wants them)
Note, that I've changed to all SD bouquets since HD is nearing the end which
is why I started this exercise is the first place.

In my setup (currently Helios 17), I set generate Main Bouquet to "Custom Yes" in order to get $ky numbering consistent in the sections bouquets - works well for this purpose, BUT with this set-up you lose the "SWAP HD" channels - I think because the original idea was for the "swap" to happen in the main bouquet (no longer in play with custom) or a simple "No" to generate Main Bouquet?

Anyway IMHO, if you are using the above design feature for $ky numbering consistency in the sections bouquets, I think there is good reason to think that you still would want to have "Yes / No" to Swap HD channels - especially for the "Entertainment" section.

@abu baniaz as you know this inside out - what do you think? How would you retain the $ky numbering and get the HD swap for the none HD BBC's / ITV's / C4+C5? Thanks!