PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Helios 10: Random left shift of screen with trash on the right

Orup70
28-04-14, 22:15
Yesterday I updated to Helios 10 from an old 3.0 version. A great update with lots of bug fixes and new features. But I have a nagging problem:

Sometimes (often, but not all the time) the entire screen (GUI and video) is shifted to the left by maybe 5–10 pixels (I use pixel-by-pixel mode on the TV), exposing black and white trash on the right of the screen (mostly black background with random white horizontal lines). Then suddenly it disappears after some time (I haven't clocked it, but at least several minutes to many minutes), and reappears cyclicly.

The shift+trash appears both in normal channel view and when viewing the EPG and other menus.

Is this a known bug? Any work arounds?

/ Påhl

judge
28-04-14, 22:26
No, it's not a known bug.
What channels does this hapen on?

Orup70
28-04-14, 22:36
Every channel as as far a I can tell.

judge
28-04-14, 22:39
On what sat? how is the box connected to the TV? What are your A/V settings?

Orup70
28-04-14, 23:15
Not at the TV right now (going to bed… :)). But I'm on Thor 0.8W (Canal Digital Sweden). The box is connected to the TV with HDMI via an Anthem D2V preprocessor. I realize I setup the (new?) adapt to resolution feature (not the autores plugin). I will have to test tomorrow with this setting turned off. I.e. I'm feeding the preprocessor native resolution from the box and letting the preprocessor do the scaling/deinterlacing.

I do get way better picture quality this way (very good graphics processor in the Anthem!) but it may be the root of my problem with Helios 010. I will try different setting tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rob van der Does
29-04-14, 06:54
Please check without the Anthem D2V preprocessor, to see if you get the same issue.

Trial
29-04-14, 08:01
Hi,
check if you made the OSD smaller with the OSD position settings. What you describe happens when you disable overscan on your TV but leave the OSD smaller. Values should be 1280,0,576,0. When you have different values here then trash from the UI is not cleared and you see this kind of garbage at the edges.

ciao

Orup70
29-04-14, 08:40
Checked my AV setting. I use HDMI output and Automatic Resolution for 'all resolutions'. I tried deselecting Automatic Resolution but there is no difference.

I also have checked the preprocessor (haven't changed any settings on the Anthem, by the way) with all other sources and the shift/trash problem is only present for the vu+ solo2. And I tried connecting the vu+ directly to TV — bypassing the Anthem D2v. There is no difference with or without the preprocessor. But thanks for the suggestion. Hate crawling behind the AV bench and switching HDMI cables though, *cough*. :)

Orup70
29-04-14, 08:47
Ah! :thumbsup:

There we have it… I checked the setting for the OSD position and it was set to 717, 0, 576, 0. I have never touched the OSD position before though and I wonder why my width only goes to 720, but I raised the width to 720 and the garbage disappears.

Problem solved! Thanks a lot… :)

Rob van der Does
29-04-14, 09:05
Hate crawling behind the AV bench and switching HDMI cables though, *cough*. :)
LOL I know what you mean, sorry about that.
But I'm glad Ralf's suggestion did the trick for you.

Trial
29-04-14, 11:27
Hi,
I think the 1280x720 are my fault. A HD skin uses 1280x720 but the GUI position only calculates with SD values.

Glad it was fixed.

ciao