PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Where is the trash can?

femilovechild
27-04-14, 16:33
Can someone please point me to the location of the trash can in the menu? When I record a program and then want to delete it, I get this message "Cannot move to trash can. None type object has no attribute endswith". Any help will be appreciated

mskhan01
27-04-14, 20:58
I have mine on hard drive? I can access it by pressing the file button ( the one you use to access recordings) on my remote.

Rob van der Does
27-04-14, 21:00
Did you have the box initiate the HDD?
Is it an internal HDD?

femilovechild
27-04-14, 21:11
It's an external hard disk. I created an ext4 drive on my computer and mounted it on the solo

Rob van der Does
27-04-14, 21:18
I suggest to let the Solo initialize it and see how you go from there.

femilovechild
28-04-14, 08:06
Okay, I re-initialised the disk through the solo menu, and all the folders were gone. So, I have recreated the folders 'movie' and 'timeshift'. Is there other folders I need to create because the trash can is still not available. I still get the error message when I try to delete a recorded program.

Thanks

abu baniaz
28-04-14, 08:09
You should not need to create them, they should be created automatically. Have you any other storage devices connected?

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 08:12
You should not need to create them, they should be created automatically.
Exactly! And that was part of my reason to ask to initialise the HDD (the other is that the correct format with the correct parameters would be used for the file system).

femilovechild
28-04-14, 08:13
yes. I use a 2gb flash drive mounted as /usr by the flashexpander plugin, also for swap. the 500gb hard drive is mounted as /hdd and i've got epg, recording, and timeshift pointing to it.

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 08:17
Ahh, you use flashexpander! Are you sure you know exactly how to use that? As this may be part of your issue.
Why do you need it? Do you have too many plugins installed?

shadowman007
28-04-14, 08:31
Hi, If anyone can also help me with this issue seems like I also don't have the "Trash Can" or Trash/Delete folder in media/hdd only have 3 folders: movie,timeshift & lost + found. Also I did initialize my hdd.

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 08:36
Hi, If anyone can also help me with this issue seems like I also don't have the "Trash Can" or Trash/Delete folder in media/hdd only have 3 folders: movie,timeshift & lost + found. Also I did initialize my hdd.
And you have the trashcan enabled in your settings? If so: what happens when you delete (red button) a recording from the recordings list?

shadowman007
28-04-14, 08:40
And you have the trashcan enabled in your settings? If so: what happens when you delete (red button) a recording from the recordings list?

trashcan enabled in your settings? hmmmm :confused: didn't know you have to enable it how do you do it?

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 08:44
I think it is in recording settings; might also be in the recordings list context menu.
When enabled you don't get the 'are you sure' question on deleting a file (as it can easily be recovered from the trashcan).

shadowman007
28-04-14, 09:13
I think it is in recording settings; might also be in the recordings list context menu.
When enabled you don't get the 'are you sure' question on deleting a file (as it can easily be recovered from the trashcan).

I cannot find any trash can or delete recordings options in recording settings or any where else in setup. I have tried deleting a recording and I get the following message:

Cannot move to trash can
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'

For the above message I get 2 options Yes or No when I click yes the recording does disappear? which is weird since I do not have a trash/delete folder in my hdd so where does the recording go? I mean I should not be getting the above message when I press delete via red button am sure that message means something.

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 09:16
I cannot find any trash can or delete recordings options in recording settings
See my screenshot of the movie list context menu:

shadowman007
28-04-14, 09:20
Here's a picture below of the message I get when I press the delete button in media/hdd/movies to delete a recording

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 10:03
Here's a picture below of the message I get when I press the delete button in media/hdd/movies to delete a recording

Can you please upload debuglogs (enable them and reboot box to get them going).
And does your box have write access on that location (which location is it)? Otherwise no trascan can be created/used.

femilovechild
28-04-14, 10:14
Like shadowman said, I have initialised the drive via the solo box and the folders were not created. Only lost & found was created. I also cannot see any option for trash can in the recording option. I will try and get some debug logs when I get home

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 10:35
And you're sure you're on Helios build 010?

andyblac
28-04-14, 10:45
I also cannot see any option for trash can in the recording option.

irc, it has been moved to MovieList setup.

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 11:08
Yeah, I showed a screenie.

femilovechild
28-04-14, 13:23

Honestly, I have looked but cannot find movie list setup menu. Pointers please. Under setup, there is recording, there is time shift, but no movie list.

Rob van der Does
28-04-14, 13:49
Movie list --> Menu --> Settings

judge
28-04-14, 13:49
Honestly, I have looked but cannot find movie list setup menu. Pointers please. Under setup, there is recording, there is time shift, but no movie list.

Bring up your movie list, press menu. It's under settings.

femilovechild
28-04-14, 18:05
I've checked now and my settings under movie list are identical to yours, but I still get the error message when I delete a recording, and it says trashcan: 0kb. I've also FTPped into the box and my hdd directory has got the following folders: crossepg, lost+found, movie, timeshift, and the following files: epg.dat and epg.dat.loading. No trashcan...

femilovechild
28-04-14, 19:24
I've checked now and my settings under movie list are identical to yours, but I still get the error message when I delete a recording, and it says trashcan: 0kb. I've also FTPped into the box and my hdd directory has got the following folders: crossepg, lost+found, movie, timeshift, and the following files: epg.dat and epg.dat.loading. No trashcan...

Cannot seem to edit my post so I'm adding an update. I manually created a .Trash folder in the hdd, but the error message still persist. I have sent the debug log via the box, and I have attached a copy here.

Thanks

femilovechild
29-04-14, 12:07
Anyone having any luck with the debug logs?

knight4728
05-05-14, 10:08
I have exact same problems, set up as above but still no trash can showing.

Mattyallen1
05-05-14, 10:20
I too use flash expander and i too have no trash can and also have a problem with swap file auto starting after deep standby.do you have the problem with the swap file too?

femilovechild
05-05-14, 20:14
Swap file doesn't auto start for me either. I'm used to manually turning it on at startup now

Mattyallen1
06-05-14, 20:30
I've only had this problem with the trash can and the swap file since I've updated to helios 001 now on 016 and still no change I too don't have the movie list choice anywhere maybe these two things are bugs what still need to be ironed out in this new build.