PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] ABM Settings restore from Zeus 23 to Helios 10

sigpark
27-04-14, 14:05
Hi Folks,

Firstly thanks to all the folk who make the ViX image such a great experience!

Nothing too earth shattering - I upgraded from Zeus 23 to Helios 10, and restored settings. I went to rebuild my bouquets using ABM and I got a crash log - attached. When I investigated none of the ABM region configs were selected from the restore - all other settings + plugins good as far as I can see. I recall that the ABM regions that are selectable changed when Zeus was released, so probably the back-up routine not capturing the tag or info. For Info mine was NI HD Bouquet

Just FYI as you ask for crash logs,

thanks

abu baniaz
27-04-14, 14:29
Reset your providers in ABM.

Nothing wrong with backup process, minor but beneficial changes to providers.

Sky_nirl does not exist any more, hence issue. New name is satellite_sky_nirl (or similar wording). As you may be aware ABM is in process of also doing DIgital TV for those with such tuners.

sigpark
30-04-14, 20:09
Reset your providers in ABM.

Nothing wrong with backup process, minor but beneficial changes to providers.

Sky_nirl does not exist any more, hence issue. New name is satellite_sky_nirl (or similar wording). As you may be aware ABM is in process of also doing DIgital TV for those with such tuners.

@abu baniaz thanks! Perhaps I was not clear, but ABM was set up fully on Zeus 23 according the new bouquet naming conventions and working. When I deployed Helios 10, and restored my Zeus 23 backup that had working ABM config, I am afraid no settings came back at all, including excluded bouquets. I do not believe ABM changed between Zeus + Helios? As you say, I simply reconfigured, but thought to share what I think is that settings were missed in backup routine?

As always, thanks for taking time to share your knowledge