PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Missing Satellites

MeeŽkat
26-04-14, 13:40
Hi, i have only just started using ViX again and for some reason i cant find 4.8E Sirius, it seems to skip from 3.3E to 4.9E which i have stored but i still receive the message Service unavailable! Check tuner configuration..i also cant seem to find 1W

Is there something i am missing.

Many thanks in advance

MK

MeeŽkat
26-04-14, 14:04
Sorted! I directed my new satellites.xml file to etc/enigma2

romdut
31-10-14, 10:59
Sorted! I directed my new satellites.xml file to etc/enigma2

How did you do this? I also am missing satellite's, have placed the satellites.xml file into etc/enigma2 but there are still missing. I opened the file itself and it has 177w - 180e so there are there box file not reading it

girginoz
22-12-14, 07:03
i have just noticed that satellites.xml in /etc/enigma2 has no influence . place your .xml in /etc/tuxbox.

Rob van der Does
22-12-14, 07:52
i have just noticed that satellites.xml in /etc/enigma2 has no influence . place your .xml in /etc/tuxbox.
Then you did something wrong.
The file in etc/tuxbox is a system file, and will be overwritten during an image update.
The file in etc/enigma2 is a user file, takes precedence over the system file (obviously after an E2-restart), and ia part of a default settings backup.
No need to say that when using a user file you'll have to take care of updates yourself.

girginoz
22-12-14, 09:08
indeed there was a mistake: satellites.xml was satellites.xml.xml, not seen unless highlighted.