PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] feeds

craig1979
26-04-14, 07:45
Good morning people,

Ive got a few picons missing.
i tried to update and it says the feeds are down for maintenance,
is this correct because this was yesterday afternoon, Ive tried this morning and there still the same.
thanks in advance

Craig

Rob van der Does
26-04-14, 07:48
You are on Helios?

craig1979
26-04-14, 07:59
no my friend im on version 3 build 808
sorry

craig1979
26-04-14, 08:11
Has the support for my version and feeds gone now,

am i going to have to update to Helios for the feeds to remain open.
thanks
craig

Rob van der Does
26-04-14, 08:14
Correct: we only maintain feeds for Zeus & Helios.

weirskynet
26-04-14, 08:15
I don't know if the feeds are down

But you will still be able to get support for build 808 it just will not be updated

You would be best to upgrade to Helios as it has new driver updates embedded also

If upgrading it has to be a full re flash

You can't use a settings backup sadly you could only do that if on Zeus !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirskynet
Living in harmony with his ,
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

Rob van der Does
26-04-14, 08:17
But you will still be able to get support for build 808 it just will not be updated
Well, if it are simple question, yes. But for anything more then that I doubt it: it's over 4 months ago any of us used vs 3.

craig1979
26-04-14, 08:21
normally i get the green flashing icon when my picon update is available,

i have a few missing at the moment
i went on system update and it says its down for maintenance,i then went to install plugins it says the same........will they come back on .....im a bit worried about a new os as i only got the box a few months ago.

craig1979
26-04-14, 08:31
please could somebody confirm that the plugins downloads is down and the system update for maintenance ...or is it my network that is the problem....

thank you again
Craig

Larry-G
26-04-14, 08:31
As rob says the ViX 3.0 image was discontinued over four months ago, ViX 2.4 a year before that, so as part of a general sever clear out we decided it was the correct time to remove the feeds for these old and no longer supported images, they have been deleted and will not return. you can update to Helios or Zeus if you wish (although Zeus is also now discontinued).

Larry-G
26-04-14, 08:33
please could somebody confirm that the plugins downloads is down and the system update for maintenance ...or is it my network that is the problem....

thank you again
Craig

No they have been physically and permanently deleted, only Zeus and Helios will be able to use the ViX team feeds from this point onwards.

Rob van der Does
26-04-14, 08:33
Worrying doesn't help :)
Make a full image backup; that way you can always revert to your present setup in 2 minutes. Make sure to safeguard that folder, and flash the box with Helios 010. There are plenty of how-to's and help on this forum.

craig1979
26-04-14, 08:37
thankyou

do i use the new box setup guide as i did before,
will it be the same?

bangorbob
26-04-14, 08:45
Hi, I am on Helios 001 and was trying to do a software update but am getting the background update check message, also when trying to go into plugin downloads am being told feeds are down, this has been like this from last night.

Larry-G
26-04-14, 08:45
The setup process is exactly the same with Zeus and Helios as it was with ViX 3.0, so dont worry it's not too hard.

Rob van der Does
26-04-14, 08:48
Hi, I am on Helios 001 and was trying to do a software update but am getting the background update check message, also when trying to go into plugin downloads am being told feeds are down, this has been like this from last night.
Please create your own thread for your own issue (as this is not related to this thread).

weirskynet
26-04-14, 08:50

You would be best to upgrade to Helios as it has new driver updates embedded also

Weirskynet
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

Larry-G
26-04-14, 09:02

Weirskynet
Vu+ Solo2 , 

AS has already been stated, it's not that he feeds are down, they have physically been deleted for EVERY image below Zeus, The image will still function but it will never be updated again by us and it will never be able to access the ViX image feeds again as the simply do not exist any more.

craig1979
27-04-14, 12:26
Helios 10 .......fresh install this morning,

thanks again boys:thumbsup: