PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] tuner / Channel lock-up

marsh
25-04-14, 18:09
Since upgrading to Helios , I've had a lot of issues with channels suddenly stopping or not showing any picture as if the tuner can't find them.(No error messages)
Doesn't happen to the actual channel I'm watching at the time but to other channels so when I zap to them they no longer show anything.
Then, as soon as I restart the box those channels are back again.
Most of the time it happens on the HD channels but has also happened on SD channels.

I saw that build 008 specifically mentioned tuner fixes and installed it in hope, but still have the same issues.

Also not sure if it is related , but I am also missing quite a few channels that I used to have before upgrading to Helios.

seame
25-04-14, 18:15
How did you set up your tuner when you flashed Helios?

Which satellite are you talking about?

marsh
25-04-14, 18:22
I didn't actually change anything:

The tuner settings are :

Tuner A :
Config: Simple
Sattelites: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F
Send DisEqc: No

Tuner B:
ConfigMode: EqualTo (Tuner A)

I also used use the ABM to create the boquets

marsh
28-04-14, 11:02
After some more testing, it seems to only happen when PIP is involved.............. if I simply move to the channel using the channel +- buttons it works fine, but when I use the channel list or the epg , which shows the channels in Pip first, then it seems to lock up the channel.

sandiego69
30-04-14, 07:55
I have the exact same problem of freezing when changing channels on my DVB-T tuner. I have the PCTV 290 and use the em28 driver and more and more I am having to restart Enigma to show the channels. I am usually changing channel by calling up the single channel list, not the up or down buttons..
I had this problem with all Vix right up to build 808 as well.