PDA

View Full Version : New 750MHz! Bootloader for Octagon SF8HD / XP1000+ and MaxDigital XP1000

Sicilian
25-04-14, 16:09
As the title, new 750MHz bootloader for the following receivers: -

Octagon SF8 HD
Octagon XP1000+
MaxDigital XP1000

HOW TO FLASH OCTAGON SF8 HD - READ CAREFULLY!

1) Extract the attached zip file.
2) Format your USB stick FAT32 - USE MAX 8GB STICK!
3) Copy the COMPLETE XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Power off your receiver.
5) Connect USB stick to REAR USB port.
6) Power on.
7) When USB appears on VFD press CH- NOT THE USUAL CH+ behind front flap.
8) Wait for the flashing complete and the receiver automatically reboots itself.

HOW TO FLASH OCTAGON XP1000+ / MAXDIGITAL XP1000 - READ CAREFULLY!

1) Extract the attached zip file.
2) Format your USB stick FAT32 - USE MAX 8GB STICK!
3) Copy the COMPLETE XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Power off your receiver.
5) Connect USB stick to REAR USB port.
6) Power on.
7) Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH- NOT THE USUAL CH+ behind front flap.
8) Wait for the flashing complete and the receiver automatically reboots itself.

Enjoy :)

Original 600MHz attached too, just incase anyone wants to revert back to original.

bobobalde
25-04-14, 18:08
Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jez
07-05-14, 11:32
Ive had the xp1000 over a year now and its been great but been running into problems last few weeks with epg, software update and plugins etc. After a lookabout on here i see that my image is no longer supported; running vix3.0 build 808. guessing my best/easiest bet is to upgrade to the helios image but I'm wondering if that includes this new 750mhz bootloader or should i install helios then flash the new bootloader or upgrade bootloader now then flash helios?

Sicilian
07-05-14, 11:33
Flash the new bootloader, then flash your image.

No need to re-flash bootloader once your flashed it.

ruudy
07-05-14, 18:40
Stupid question from a noob...

What does this do? Boot up the box faster?

Larry-G
07-05-14, 18:45
It allows the CPU to open up to 750 Mhz, where as the older bootloader was restricting it to 600 Mhz, not sure if you'll notice much difference though as i have not used one my self.

ruudy
07-05-14, 19:07
It allows the CPU to open up to 750 Mhz, where as the older bootloader was restricting it to 600 Mhz, not sure if you'll notice much difference though as i have not used one my self.

Okay so should run faster then?

So i can flash this and then flash helios image afterwards which i've been meaning to do anyway?

Larry-G
07-05-14, 19:10
Okay so should run faster then?

So i can flash this and then flash helios image afterwards which i've been meaning to do anyway?

yes that's pretty much the Gist of it.

loopy123
28-05-14, 20:14
Hi if I do bootloader 750 upgrade. then after re flash to appolo can I do a back up from Helleos 17 ? Or shall u do from scratch any advice please thanks again

Larry-G
29-05-14, 05:16
You can use a backup quite happily from Helios on a new install of Apollo. Personally I would do a full reflash without a backup but then again I can setup my receivers from scratch in under ten minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
29-05-14, 05:25
Hi if I do bootloader 750 upgrade. then after re flash to appolo can I do a back up from Helleos 17 ? Or shall u do from scratch any advice please thanks again

You only need to flash bootloader once, you do not need to reflash image being used.

Larry-G
29-05-14, 05:30
You only need to flash bootloader once, you do not need to reflash image being used.

Correct although in this case I think the OP is also upgrading the image any way. So.

Make a settings backup in Helios- flash the bootloader - flash Apollo then use the settings backup to restore. Well thats hiw I would do it any way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cactikid
08-06-14, 15:51
is there anyway of checking in between boot loader has flash taken and box rebooted? but in menu,i saw usb flashing so presumed it did take.at least when boxes have a screen with info it tells you.:)

Larry-G
08-06-14, 15:53
you would need to make a bootlog to be absolutely certain of the bootloader version you are running on a E2 receiver.

marty
08-06-14, 16:13
you would need to make a bootlog to be absolutely certain of the bootloader version you are running on a E2 receiver.

You can get the info from putty normally. No need for bootleg :)

cactikid
08-06-14, 16:18
both of these i dont use lol,love the boot screen pity no audio of running water,dam forgot to read sticky again set to multi on setup is that allowed/changed?

Sicilian
08-06-14, 16:36
Tenet cat /proc/cpuinfo

Should give u 751mhz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
08-06-14, 16:38
Telnet cat /proc/cpuinfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pac2000
27-02-15, 15:44
The Original Bootloader Will Stream Live HD From My Quad+ Perfectly... But I Realised That It Wasn't Quite Up To Streaming The Recordings Of The Same HD Channels... At First I Thought It Was My Cable, So Replaced It, And Tested It Using Iperf, So I Knew It Wasn't The Switches And Cables...

After Searching Around On The Net, I Came Across This Thread, But The Site Was Down, So Got A Cached Version From Google, But Obviously Couldn't Download...

After Flashing The 750Mhz Bootloader, The Box Can Now Stream The Recordings Perfectly Too Now... But It Means Enigma2 Boxes Must Pre-process Before Recording... I Assume Because Of The File Sizes Are Roughly Double Of What You Would Expect(Or 6 Times That Of SD) That The Recordings Are De-Interlaced... I Could Be Wrong, But I Can't Think Of Any Other Reason...