PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] EPG is not overwriting old data (I think).

bjorntj
25-04-14, 10:27
If you see the scrennshot, you see the epg for NRK2 where is says Hichcock: Fuglene... That entry has two different times in the EPG list.. One that starts at 23:20 and one that starts at 23:25 (the correct one is 23:20).
If I delete my epg data and start fresh to import the epg data again, then this glitch is gone...
This happens now and then, not sure if this is something the ViX team can fix?
btw, I am using latest Helios build 8 and import EPG data using XMLTV and Rytec....

Regards,

BTJ

Rob van der Does
25-04-14, 13:41
Nothing the image can do about this. When the imported data tells the box there are two entries, the box will show them.
This happens (as is the case here) when a previous entry has a time X, and a new import tells the time to be Y.
And you found the solution (or better: work-around) for it.

bjorntj
25-04-14, 13:44
Ok... I thought maybe the import job could delete the epg data before every import but that is not possible?

BTJ

Rob van der Does
25-04-14, 13:46
Nope. EPG in RAM can have all kinds of sources (RYTEC/Open-TV, EIT etc.). Once in RAM there's no way to tell the source. So it's not possible to delete data selective.

bjorntj
25-04-14, 13:47
Ok.... I'll have to live with the workaround then... Thx... :)

BTJ

Stu
25-04-14, 15:58
Try disabling the EIT EPG in System> EPG> Settings... and see if that helps.
Stu.

Rob van der Does
25-04-14, 16:12
But do you want to miss EIT (and possibly other EPG-data)?
After all, RYTEC/ Open-TV are only for a limited number of services.

And as I tried to explain: only using RYTEC (or any other source) will result in the same issues as soon as the next update holds updated times.