PDA

View Full Version : ViX 1.3 Why A New Version?

MKD
13-11-10, 11:41
Hi quick question been waiting for updates like most people (checking twice a day lol) i hear a new version is on its way 1.3? will we be able to update over the internet (SoftwareUpdate) or is there "A Lot" of fixes + new drivers that a new flash is recomended . Just i have finaly got 1.2 to my needs running 100% don't get me wrong a new version is very welcome but will it be bug freeish :alien:

Larry-G
13-11-10, 11:45
version 1.2 of VIX was based on the previous official VU 5.3 firmware. version 1.3 of VIX is based on the newly released 5.4 VU official firmware. which it self introduced many changes and fixes etc.

- Fix wrong video size/framerate information
- Upgrade Linux DVB API driver to version 5(can be used with latest E2)
- Change dvb-core to use v4l-dvb(with additional patch)
- Change LED Color at standby(solo)
- Support vtuner at solo
- Fix vtuner audio/video sync problem
- Clean up and fix misc. bugs at vtuner driver
- Fix USB transfer problem when both front and rear ports are in use simultaneously (solo)
- Disable HDMI hotplug at standby

jjp2701
13-11-10, 11:57
when is this new image being released

Larry-G
13-11-10, 11:58
when is this new image being released

i'm not privy to that information, however once the dev team ( andy ) is satisfied with the work etc, he will release it.

MKD
13-11-10, 12:17
Ah thanks pheonix, i knew the drivers were released , can these be installed on ViX 1.2 for the time being or will it cause errors ?

Larry-G
13-11-10, 12:19
truthfully i dont have a VU receiver so i cant really answer that question.

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 12:51
aahhhhhhhhh got to change all my boot logos

MKD
13-11-10, 13:13
Can't just ftp the new drivers up :( system will not boot .

bob1
13-11-10, 14:02
I was just about to reflash with 1.2 again so i will wait if its going to be today ,if not i will just flash with 1.2.

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 14:04
I was just about to reflash with 1.2 again so i will wait if its going to be today ,if not i will just flash with 1.2.

just flash with 1.2 may be a while andy wont release tiull he is happy with it

Foxylady
13-11-10, 22:28
Will dish movement icon be in this version, much appreciated
Foxy

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 22:38
Will dish movement icon be in this version, much appreciated
Foxy

actually yeah i'm curious about this one has vuplus fixed this in 5.4

andyblac
14-11-10, 00:38
actually yeah i'm curious about this one has vuplus fixed this in 5.4

just buildling the new v1.3 duo image as i type i'll my motor tomorrow, but i would not hold your breath as Vu+ still have not fixed the timeshift bug (rewinding is very glitchy) so i would have thought they have not fixed this either, it is that they only fix bug that LOTS of people complain about, so if you find a bug in vix that is a hard-coded issue it might be worth try the official image, if the bug is there to email Vu+ and complain, the more people complain the quicker it will get fixed.

pooface
14-11-10, 00:48
just buildling the new v1.3 duo image as i type i'll my motor tomorrow, but i would not hold your breath as Vu+ still have not fixed the timeshift bug (rewinding is very glitchy) so i would have thought they have not fixed this either, it is that they only fix bug that LOTS of people complain about, so if you find a bug in vix that is a hard-coded issue it might be worth try the official image, if the bug is there to email Vu+ and complain, the more people complain the quicker it will get fixed.

As andy says...

I sent this bug in to vu ages ago, and they said they have passed it on to their development team to look in to... But, since it's not a major requirement (since no-one else has probably mentioend this to them), they will just put it on the back burner until there is nothing left to do (or they're just board :p hehe)...

So, email all problems you find to them if they are not in the in the original image...

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 01:06
As andy says...

I sent this bug in to vu ages ago, and they said they have passed it on to their development team to look in to... But, since it's not a major requirement (since no-one else has probably mentioend this to them), they will just put it on the back burner until there is nothing left to do (or they're just board :p hehe)...

So, email all problems you find to them if they are not in the in the original image...

can i get vuplus email i'll put it on a bot lol email every day lol

Stanman
14-11-10, 10:41
Here you are buddy. There is also one for some one called Alex that Scillian posted on the forum as well.
support@vuplus.com
http://vuplus.com/

andyblac
14-11-10, 18:09
can i get vuplus email i'll put it on a bot lol email every day lol

i would not do that you will only get your email address banned, just send one, but everyone need to do it :)

irishchris
14-11-10, 18:23
hi andy just wondering is there any point in me putting on de image for a look with new drivers or not. if vix 1.3 is out soon then i wont bother as will only be returning to vix anyway when its ready
cheers

silverfox0786
14-11-10, 18:26
i would not do that you will only get your email address banned, just send one, but everyone need to do it :)

Dont worry andy i was only joking with the hounding them part but i will be emailing them outlining the errors in the stock image

buz
14-11-10, 22:04
Will cool epg be built in to 1.3 and if not will it be a plugin

nezzeo
15-11-10, 00:18
Hi andy
Did you have to do any hacking under the hood in VIX in order to get the permanent timeshift button to work by just pressing rewind, instead of other images where they have to press pause, pause and THEN rewind in order for it to kick in?

silverfox0786
15-11-10, 01:02
i personally have not had an issue with time shift rewind forward mine goes just by pressing th erelevent button

@nezzeo its not hacking mate it all open source

nezzeo
15-11-10, 01:10
By hacking I mean custom coding/tweaking

On OpenPLi for example, if you want to timeshift (using permanent plugin) you have to press pause, then pause again and then rewind (this is the intended way by the developer - bit long winded if you ask me)

However on vix, all you do is press rewind and you're off. I just wanted to know how Andy achieved this? ;)

silverfox0786
15-11-10, 01:41

On OpenPLi for example, if you want to timeshift (using permanent plugin) you have to press pause, then pause again and then rewind (this is the intended way by the developer - bit long winded if you ask me)

However on vix, all you do is press rewind and you're off. I just wanted to know how Andy achieved this? ;)

unfortunatly i cant answer how and i'm not sure andy will disclose how either

either way when it comes to linux its all open source so the termanology is coding rather than hacking

andyblac
15-11-10, 01:52

nope just installed his plugin, is PLi using the latest enigma2 or are they using a custom version ?, if so they might be missing some of the new code, but on the Vu+ rewinding a timeshift is very glitchy ( pixels breaks up) at least for me. i have email Vu+ about this but atm got no response

andyblac
15-11-10, 01:54
hi andy just wondering is there any point in me putting on de image for a look with new drivers or not. if vix 1.3 is out soon then i wont bother as will only be returning to vix anyway when its ready
cheers

not long now :D

silverfox0786
15-11-10, 02:00
As far as im aware PLI images are enigma 1/2 open embeded images and they have trown out a stable image dated 12.09.2010 which they posted on 24.09.2010 the vu image has been posted here for users to look at and the openpli image is opensource as your already aware

marty
15-11-10, 07:20
not long now :D

Cool :) I think your images are the best.
Looking forward to 1.3

paul362
15-11-10, 08:55
Thanks again Andy for all your hard work to try to bring us the latest and (in my opinion) best stable image for our VUs.

andyblac
15-11-10, 11:26
Thanks again Andy for all your hard work to try to bring us the latest and (in my opinion) best stable image for our VUs.

1.3 is mainly a update to the latest 5.4 base image and alot of core stability issues sorted out, i have been running my solo without any swap for 2 days now, the only problem that i have comes across is the web remote sometimes fails to display the grabbed image, although has done the command.

irishchris
15-11-10, 11:35
1.3 is mainly a update to the latest 5.4 base image and alot of core stability issues sorted out, i have been running my solo without any swap for 2 days now, the only problem that i have comes across is the web remote sometimes fails to display the grabbed image, although has done the command.

excellent andy have fingers crossed we may see it today ;) mainly looking forward to the new drivers for dvb-t and your new quickzap

andyblac
15-11-10, 11:40
excellent andy have fingers crossed we may see it today ;) mainly looking forward to the new drivers for dvb-t and your new quickzap

unfortunately, because of the new dvb-core, there is no usb tuner that work at the moment, we ave tried driver from the 'other images' but these rely on the old dvb-core, and are incompatible with the new core. i have a email alex about this asking how we use them, just wait a reply, but we are not going the hold up the release for this, so there will be no USB Tuner support in initial 1.3, even if you have it working in 1.2.

is is out of our control until vu+ tell use what we need to do ;)

sorry andy.

irishchris
15-11-10, 11:44
unfortunately, because of the new dvb-core, there is no usb tuner that work at the moment, we ave tried driver from the 'other images' but these rely on the old dvb-core, and are incompatible with the new core. i have a email alex about this asking how we use them, just wait a reply, but we are not going the hold up the release for this, so there will be no USB Tuner support in initial 1.3, even if you have it working in 1.2.

is is out of our control until vu+ tell use what we need to do ;)

sorry andy.

ah ok thought it would work when was working in original - is no prob though. still looking forward to all the other features you have added.

cheers,
Chris

andyblac
15-11-10, 11:48
ah ok thought it would work when was working in original - is no prob though. still looking forward to all the other features you have added.

cheers,
Chris

working in 5.4 ?, pm what you used and i'll take a look

pooface
15-11-10, 12:22
irishchris is using the sundtek drivers from what I recall... We're talking about getting the nova-t drivers etc working... If you have had the sundtek drivers working on the original 5.4 image, chances are it will work on the 1.3 vix...

BTW, where are the sundtek drivers... Have an idea :p

Palinkat
15-11-10, 12:47
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3117-sundtek-dvb-t-c-usb-vix-driver&highlight=sundtek

andyblac
16-11-10, 00:15
irishchris is using the sundtek drivers from what I recall... We're talking about getting the nova-t drivers etc working... If you have had the sundtek drivers working on the original 5.4 image, chances are it will work on the 1.3 vix...

BTW, where are the sundtek drivers... Have an idea :p

in our 1.3 beta feeds ;)

MKD
16-11-10, 01:02
I'm itching to get this image now lol

andyblac
16-11-10, 01:04
I'm itching to get this image now lol

if all goes according to plan it should be tomorrow :D ,err i'm mean today :) as it is 12:04am here ;)

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 01:09
cant wait andy

MKD
16-11-10, 01:26
Been reading on the pli forum that the new drivers are dvbapi5 now , and that they are a little bit more complicated to incorporate in the pli image being as ViX is based on official 5.4 not to much of a problem there then.

Palinkat
16-11-10, 10:52
Thanks a lot Andy!!!

I had a quick stint with the latest BH yesterday to check the out of sync fix for DVB-T. I realized how much I prefer the VIX image :), restored my backup straight away :).
Cannot wait for 1.3

Stanman
16-11-10, 12:30
if all goes according to plan it should be tomorrow :D ,err i'm mean today :) as it is 12:04am here ;)
Why you posting and not hard at work toiling on the next release- get back in that cave and don't come out until its finished:D:whistle:

andyblac
16-11-10, 14:03
Thanks a lot Andy!!!

I had a quick stint with the latest BH yesterday to check the out of sync fix for DVB-T. I realized how much I prefer the VIX image :), restored my backup straight away :).
Cannot wait for 1.3

it is worth the wait :D

MKD
16-11-10, 15:18
I'm getting itchy feet now the other half is moaning i keep trying the software update lol (i'm blaming you ROFL)

Sicilian
16-11-10, 15:20
I'm getting itchy feet now the other half is moaning i keep trying the software update lol (i'm blaming you ROFL)

I'm pretty sure 1.3 will be a re-flash, unless Andy confirms otherwise.

andyblac
16-11-10, 15:21

it is going to be a re-flash image i'm afraid, to much has changed, and i want to be sure you get all the updates properly

guff daddy
16-11-10, 15:59
it is going to be a re-flash image i'm afraid, to much has changed, and i want to be sure you get all the updates properly
Will "Software Management/Backup System Settings" back up everything (CoolTVGuide configuration and suchlike)?

andyblac
16-11-10, 18:22
Will "Software Management/Backup System Settings" back up everything (CoolTVGuide configuration and suchlike)?

yeah it should, you can check what it will backup if you goto 'Advanced Options' then 'Choose Backup files'

prasinos
16-11-10, 19:10
I totally agree with Palinkat
I am trying the latest BH to check the out of sync fix for DVB-T and they fix it. I prefer the VIX image 100% .Cannot wait for the version with the DVB-T. Iam sure you will make it at the end. It seems to be a puzzle for you. Sometimes solutions are very simple and right in front of us!!! good luck

guff daddy
16-11-10, 20:04
I totally agree with Palinkat
I am trying the latest BH to check the out of sync fix for DVB-T and they fix it. I prefer the VIX image 100% .Cannot wait for the version with the DVB-T. Iam sure you will make it at the end. It seems to be a puzzle for you. Sometimes solutions are very simple and right in front of us!!! good luck

I think the "puzzle" is to do with not having a DVB-T stick to test with...

Maxwell
16-11-10, 20:18
It seems to be a puzzle for you. Sometimes solutions are very simple and right in front of us!!! good luck

Im sorry but even if andy doesn't, I find comments like this insulting, If you do not find it that hard I will look forward to seeing your fully working image

prasinos
16-11-10, 20:55
nothing insulting. this is an expresion and if you dont uderstand what you are reading is your problem

Larry-G
16-11-10, 20:58
nothing insulting. this is an expresion and if you dont uderstand what you are reading is your problem

thats not exactly the attitude you should be taking on a forum dont you think.

marty
16-11-10, 21:03
FFS can't people just enjoy the forum.
I like to read interesting posts about our hobby, not pages of folks bickering.

(ducks and waits to get flamed :) )

prasinos
16-11-10, 21:05
its true but for both of us. i didnt had a purpose to insault andy

Larry-G
16-11-10, 21:06
FFS can't people just enjoy the forum.
I like to read interesting posts about our hobby, not pages of folks bickering.

(ducks and waits to get flamed :) )

LOL some people are just naturally argumentative i suppose.

its true but for both of us. i didnt had a purpose to insault andy

well what ever. probably a good idea to shake hands and put it behind you both. otherwise it will get you no where.

bassethound
16-11-10, 21:13
Lets put a end to all the silly bickering and lets just enjoy are warm and friendly forum!

prasinos
16-11-10, 21:14
i agree, sorry

guff daddy
17-11-10, 12:37
yeah it should, you can check what it will backup if you goto 'Advanced Options' then 'Choose Backup files'

The default is to backup /etc/enigma2 and a couple of other files in /etc but I can't see anything that looks like the CoolTV configuration
Where is the CoolTV configuration stored?

MKD
17-11-10, 13:07
I too was going to do a custom backup but being as the ViX 1.3 i belive has alot of updates/differences too 1.2 i'll be setting up from scratch as i don't have alot installed just CCcam/Catseye List so it won't take long.

andyblac i see in the post the image was due to be released sometime yesterday (i'm not pushing here) was just wondering is there alot of problems with the new build :(

Sicilian
17-11-10, 13:11
I too was going to do a custom backup but being as the ViX 1.3 i belive has alot of updates/differences too 1.2 i'll be setting up from scratch as i don't have alot installed just CCcam/Catseye List so it won't take long.

andyblac i see in the post the image was due to be released sometime yesterday (i'm not pushing here) was just wondering is there alot of problems with the new build :(

The image is still being worked on, no date is promised. It wont be too long, just be patient :)

pooface
17-11-10, 13:35
As Sic says. We just testing and working on things...

When we're happy it's all working, it'll be released :-)

Sent by my phone

andyblac
17-11-10, 14:35
nearly done , i realeased it with issues you would only complain :D

bob1
17-11-10, 18:32
nearly done , i realeased it with issues you would only complain :D
I don't blame you, how many team release an image only to have to update it a few days later with yet another image because something didn't work or got missed off.

By the way what happened to vix 1.3, we could have been on 1.3c by now :D.

E2Royal
17-11-10, 18:54
We've been told the new 1.3 image is worth waiting for so we must be patient and the "team" will release as soon as it's ready. We all want it yesterday and if possible 1.4 as well.

Thanks to Andy and the team for their hard work.

Alanp
17-11-10, 19:11
Andy we all appreciate what you and the team do maybe we should set up a donate fund to buy you all a drink

harryoz
17-11-10, 20:12
Andy we all appreciate what you and the team do maybe we should set up a donate fund to buy you all a drink

I'll gladly go along with that!!

pooface
17-11-10, 21:27

Sic, set up that new donate fund ;) Will quite happily accept some free drinks :D I think that the goal should be changed to £300 a week for our drink-donate fund ;) hehe. Actually, better make it £320 a week as grtmoby don't drink and the price of coke nowadays is too expensive :p

tagteam3283
17-11-10, 21:32
@andy, will the updates be compiled into the solo image as well?

pooface
17-11-10, 21:33
@andy, will the updates be compiled into the solo image as well?

Yes, duo and solo images being worked on ;) Gives a nice orange colour when in standby now on the solo ;)

andyblac
18-11-10, 14:00
Sic, set up that new donate fund ;) Will quite happily accept some free drinks :D I think that the goal should be changed to £300 a week for our drink-donate fund ;) hehe. Actually, better make it £320 a week as grtmoby don't drink and the price of coke nowadays is too expensive :p

i don't drink either ;)

pooface
18-11-10, 14:03
i don't drink either ;)

No, but you cost us a fortune with that bloody chocolate cake :p

Sent by my phone

andyblac
18-11-10, 14:23
No, but you cost us a fortune with that bloody chocolate cake :p

Sent by my phone

:roflmao::roflmao:

numind
18-11-10, 14:39
Please, consider in the next release to fix the warming of vu+ duo on standby mode, quite more like in DE images..anyway I prefeer this image a lot, design, performance...and DRE support on OSD and dolby digital symbol showed in LCD..Many thanks to VIX team.

andyblac
18-11-10, 14:57
Please, consider in the next release to fix the warming of vu+ duo on standby mode, quite more like in DE images..anyway I prefeer this image a lot, design, performance...and DRE support on OSD and dolby digital symbol showed in LCD..Many thanks to VIX team.

sorry, i don't understand can you explain

silverfox0786
19-11-10, 19:37
i would like to add that the Vu HD Plus skin when pressing long ok it does not show the picons where as other skind continue to do so is that an error or i'm doing something wrong

if it is an error will it be fixed for 1.3

bassethound
19-11-10, 20:44
Yes this is fixed in 1.3

fintannl
19-11-10, 21:14
any plans on the 1.3 release date. also i'm going to claim ignorance but i have the most basic of setups. i would love that someone would supply a guide on what is cool to use in vix. i simply have bouquets, picons and a nice skin. anyone out there advise on further stuff that would be nice for the basic user

silverfox0786
19-11-10, 21:16
what do you want to use it for and we can pooint you in the right direction obviously apart from a satellite veiwing system :lol3:

fintannl
19-11-10, 22:01
ok, i know its a daft question. and as you say all i do use the system for is sat viewing. and i swore that dream elite was for ever the best. so now i've had my fix of vix there ain't no going back. but still i continue to read. take for example vpn plugin, would that be good. also checked out sicilians link to a neat wifi box that can be used with the duo. all i ask (which is a bit) is is possible to put together the ultimate system with the ultimate settings or is it just simply every user has their own needs and such a thread is not possible

bassethound
19-11-10, 22:59
OpenVPN will be in VIX 1.3 fintannl

bob1
21-11-10, 09:00
Are we getting 1.3 today ;) you normally release them on Sundays ,i don't think i could live another week ,the suspense is killing me :D .

Stanman
21-11-10, 11:59
Are we there yet:D:D

marty
21-11-10, 12:19
Are we there yet:D:D

Will you take us to Mount Splashmore

Stanman
21-11-10, 12:25
Will you take us to Mount Splashmore

Only if you ride on Devils Gullet

E2Royal
21-11-10, 13:54
I think the post by fintannl was very fair. The amount of work, skill and knowledge to produce an image of the quality of Vix is daunting and I'm sure everyone is very grateful that the "team" are willing to work so hard for us all.

I sometimes feel that the "team" are so involved in what they are doing that they may not appreciate the difficulty the average person has in understanding what all the hard work can do. It may be so obvious and simple to them but can be mind boggling to many including me.

What can I do to help fix this? -E2Royal-

satmanbasil
21-11-10, 14:49
Hi m8s

I often wonder why people people come here asking when the next update will be, to develope a new image and make sure it works takes a vast amount of time, the last thing any image developer want is to produce a duff image that would **** up your stb.

Ok i know some of you will say that there are glitches with most images when released but just for a moment think of all the possible combinations of problems that can happen from incompatable hdd to usb stick to videos or tv's, just the thought of that would put me off wishing to develope a image ...

So when a new image is released of course we all put in our own gripes with what needs fixing so alot of time is taken up trying to remedy these before even thinking of improving the next version for release.. so please give them time and allow them to get things right , in the end im sure we shall see a first class image produced for the vu+ & solo.

regards
satmanbasil

satmanbasil
21-11-10, 15:14
Hi m8s

I often wonder why people people come here asking when the next update will be, to develope a new image and make sure it works takes a vast amount of time, the last thing any image developer want is to produce a duff image that would **** up your stb.

Ok i know some of you will say that there are glitches with most images when released but just for a moment think of all the possible combinations of problems that can happen from incompatable hdd to usb stick to videos or tv's, just the thought of that would put me off wishing to develope a image ...

So when a new image is released of course we all put in our own gripes with what needs fixing so alot of time is taken up trying to remedy these before even thinking of improving the next version for release.. so please give them time and allow them to get things right , in the end im sure we shall see a first class image produced for the vu+ & solo.

regards
satmanbasil

fulabeer
21-11-10, 15:50
To give a little balance here....

If any "image" team doesn't want questions relating to any up coming release then i think it best they don't start a thread announcing the "upcoming image" !!! ;)
Once you set the torch paper, you cannot blame the resulting fireworks!

I fully support everthing Andy and the team are doing here.
I think most decent people appreciate the effort required to develop these images.
I also think most people can just wait until it is released.
However, some people on here are getting upset by people even daring to ask perfectly normal questions.
They are not getting on the teams back, just trying to find out what any new image will bring/fix.
As mentioned, so many people on here have so much "old hand" knowledge, that they forget newbies like myself and other struggle to understand even the basics of whats going on.
So we have to ask questions that can sometimes come across as harassing/pestering.

Myself personally will be waiting a little while before updating to v1.3.
This isn't because i don't think it will be better, rather that i think they did a great job with v1.2.
The current version is doing everything i need of it and is proving very stable.

Of course i will update at some point. But hopefully by then, people will be on here in the "where's v1.4" thread...:D

Mr. Mister
21-11-10, 16:26
I think most decent people appreciate the effort required to develop these images.

I dont see the point in asking anything about V1.3. Of course everyone is waiting to see whats its like and what it can do.. I aint a member of the team.. but it does piss me off with people asking.. "When can we have blah blah blah" .. "When will we get blah blah blah".. When will V1.3 be ready

People gotta understand that the VIX team have family as well and they also need to spend time with them as well.. and also do the things all of us do to chill out..

The image will be released when its ready.. So give the guys a break.. and make use of what you have instead of having a moan about what you dont have..

Larry-G
21-11-10, 16:31
I dont see the point in asking anything about V1.3. Of course everyone is waiting to see whats its like and what it can do.. I aint a member of the team.. but it does piss me off with people asking.. "When can we have blah blah blah" .. "When will we get blah blah blah".. When will V1.3 be ready

People gotta understand that the VIX team have family as well and they also need to spend time with them as well.. and also do the things all of us do to chill out..

The image will be released when its ready.. So give the guys a break.. and make use of what you have instead of having a moan about what you dont have..

i totally and absolutely agree mate, sadly however it's been that way since day one and will always be the same.

silverfox0786
21-11-10, 16:36
i totally and absolutely agree mate, sadly however it's been that way since day one and will always be the same.

like pheonix said its in mans nature. i remember when ixtremeLT was being developed it was a nightmare with questens of when in fact i remeber a post by c4eva saying he is fed up of it all and is packing it in dont follow it much any more though and again with the greenpoison jailbreak same s**t different app lol all the when questions made your head hurt

Larry-G
21-11-10, 16:45
like pheonix said its in mans nature. i remember when ixtremeLT was being developed it was a nightmare with questens of when in fact i remeber a post by c4eva saying he is fed up of it all and is packing it in dont follow it much any more though and again with the greenpoison jailbreak same s**t different app lol all the when questions made your head hurt

yeah tell me about it mate. i was part of the team that broke the xbox 1 way way back and my head still hurts now.

you know what ?. it would be best for all man kind if we just locked our devs in a dark room and beat them with sticks untill they came up with the goods LOL.

silverfox0786
21-11-10, 17:20
yeah tell me about it mate. i was part of the team that broke the xbox 1 way way back and my head still hurts now.

you know what ?. it would be best for all man kind if we just locked our devs in a dark room and beat them with sticks untill they came up with the goods LOL.

oh really what part did you do i still have 3 xbox1s 2 black and 1 crystal all soft and hard modded with OLED on them from team x

bob1
21-11-10, 18:15
Sorry i asked the question now, i think people just take things far too seriously and think we are stamping our feet demanding the new image ,in my case ( and just about everyone else) thats far from the truth we all understand that Andy and the team are hard at work tinkering and fine tuning.
All the questions asked about the release were all light hearted anyway hence the use of smiley's
Vix 1.3 will be here soon we all know that as they have told us ,i can't see why asking if its finish and nearly ready for use is out of order, a little info about whats happing isn't that harsh surely.
Anyway thats my last word on the matter in fear of upsetting anyone else:rolleyes:

Mr. Mister
21-11-10, 21:23

Maybe its time for the mods/admin to start dishing out infractions for this type of thing..??

Thats will kill the asking stupid questions right away..

Larry-G
21-11-10, 21:29
oh really what part did you do i still have 3 xbox1s 2 black and 1 crystal all soft and hard modded with OLED on them from team x

i was part of the team that first dumped a original disc to the hdd of the console allowing the iso to then be FTP'd to the pc to be burnt to blank media.

Maybe its time for the mods/admin to start dishing out infractions for this type of thing..??
Thats will kill the asking stupid questions right away..

lol it'll never work. but it's always fun to dish out infractions to those who deserve it though.

satsatsat
22-11-10, 21:01
guys we are all singing from the same hymn sheet...

its great people are asking cos if there was ni interest that would be even worse....but true let it happens when it happens

so we all want the same thing

Ojustaboo
22-11-10, 21:12
Sorry i asked the question now, i think people just take things far too seriously and think we are stamping our feet demanding the new image ,in my case ( and just about everyone else) thats far from the truth we all understand that Andy and the team are hard at work tinkering and fine tuning.
All the questions asked about the release were all light hearted anyway hence the use of smiley's
Vix 1.3 will be here soon we all know that as they have told us ,i can't see why asking if its finish and nearly ready for use is out of order, a little info about whats happing isn't that harsh surely.
Anyway thats my last word on the matter in fear of upsetting anyone else:rolleyes:

Yep I agree 100%

reading most peoples questions so far, they haven't been harrasing, just curious etc.

It's begining to feel like a us and them situation where should anyone dare ask a question, we have scorn poured on it by someone (usually with a blue name).

It was 13 days ago now I think that we were told "if all goes well we should be releasing load of updates online tomorrow". I had a few problems a couple of days ago and needed to reflash. I felt like asking a simple question "hi guys, any news on the update, need to reflash, but will hold off if it's iminent" but was scared (well scared is the wrong word but you know what I mean) to do so. That simply shouldn't be the case on the support forum. If people are hesitant about asking simple honest questions, then they will end up going to another forum.

I appreciate the hard work Andy does, I know exactly what people are talkng about when they say others give up due to constantly being hassled etc. But what we've seen on this forum doesn't even come close to that.

satsatsat
22-11-10, 21:16
Yep I agree 100%

reading most peoples questions so far, they haven't been harrasing, just curious etc.

It's begining to feel like a us and them situation where should anyone dare ask a question, we have scorn poured on it by someone (usually with a blue name).

It was 13 days ago now I think that we were told "if all goes well we should be releasing load of updates online tomorrow". I had a few problems a couple of days ago and needed to reflash. I felt like asking a simple question "hi guys, any news on the update, need to reflash, but will hold off if it's iminent" but was scared (well scared is the wrong word but you know what I mean) to do so. That simply shouldn't be the case on the support forum. If people are hesitant about asking simple honest questions, then they will end up going to another forum.

I appreciate the hard work Andy does, I know exactly what people are talkng about when they say others give up due to constantly being hassled etc. But what we've seen on this forum doesn't even come close to that.

yep that my point....were not harrasing...we look up to these guys and so our questions are a real compliment to the boys....

Larry-G
22-11-10, 21:24
Yep I agree 100%

i don't agree with that statement at all.

as it has been said countless times we will get the update as and when the people making it feel it is ready to be released, no sooner, and people demanding it will not make it get here any sooner as a result.

this forum like all forums is her for a purpose, that purpose being the sharing of knowledge and the betterment of the chosen subject within the confines of the group.
the problem as i see it is the total unwillingness of a small number of people to do things for them selves. i'm not thinking of just the topic in this particular thread but the forum as a whole.
simple things such as reading a few pages to find the answer you need come to mind. as for harassment. i have read this thread from start to Finnish and i have yet to see any example of harassment levied towards any member.

Ojustaboo
22-11-10, 21:58
ithe problem as i see it is the total unwillingness of a small number of people to do things for them selves. i'm not thinking of just the topic in this particular thread but the forum as a whole.

Using that sort of thinking we could dispense with 97% of all internet forums relating to all subjects.

99% of any question asked in any forum by anyone has already been answered and could be found with a decent google search.

Someone knowledgeable in a particular area can usually google something and find the answer in seconds. While someone new, who doesn't know exactly what they are asking or looking for, could end up googling for hours for such an answer (or searching a forum) and it ends up a complete minefield for them, the alternative is for them to ask on a friendly forum and get a polite-full helpful answer.

I've worked in system management in Unix environments most of my life, one of the things we always tell trainee people is if they don't know, ask. Nothing worse than someone spending 2 hours searching for an answer when they could have asked someone and that person spend 20 secs telling them what they needed to know.

as for harassment. i have read this thread from start to Finnish and i have yet to see any example of harassment levied towards any member. So why did satsatsat feel the need to write post no 99, or why did bob1 in post no 96 feel the need to say "Anyway thats my last word on the matter in fear of upsetting anyone else"
Or why did E2Royal feel the need in post 87 to say "I think the post by fintannl was very fair" etc etc etc

You might not see it but others are feeling it.

andyblac
23-11-10, 20:56
ok, guy's lets all calm down and take a step back, this is starting go around in circles, no one is saying people can't ask questions, but it is just certain questions have been asked and answered lots of times, i for one am not bothered how many times someone asks when will it be ready, because the answer will be the same every-time ' when it is :)' . so let me say this i have learned my lesson not to give any public updates at all, if it is going to get like this evertime. i was just trying to let people know that we where working hard trying fix and update the image, and to give a progress report. but after all this, i won't be doing that again. now lets drop the subject and move on. you will have it when it's ready :).

Andy.