PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between miraclebox and technomate/vu+

dfox
23-04-14, 19:21
Hi Everyone,

I am looking into getting a twin tuner for my brother in law and was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between a Miraclebox Premium Mini HD and say a TM Nano-2T or a VU+ twin tuner?

I am struggling to see the difference. Maybe other are more stable then the Miracle box?

Thanks

Larry-G
23-04-14, 19:56
There all basically the same operating system wise and all will run the OpenViX Helios images, The miracleboxes are a little newer to the market than the Vu+ and Technomate models but from all accounts they are well supported driver wise. I have not used a Miraclebox my self but i do have multiple Vu+ and TM boxes and on the whole they all work pretty well, although they do have their own issues from time to time with drivers etc which tend to get resolved quickly enough.

dfox
23-04-14, 20:06
Thanks Pheonix, Yeah I have only ever had TM boxes and I am only running a TM single at the minute.

I think the miraclebox supports Diseqc 1.0-1.3 for a motorised dish if he decided to get one. It doesn't say in the spec.

Rob van der Does
23-04-14, 20:13
I think the miraclebox supports Diseqc 1.0-1.3 for a motorised dish if he decided to get one.
AFAIK all boxes support DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 . DiSEqC 1.3 doesn't exist.

Larry-G
23-04-14, 20:13
should do, all modern receivers do. if in doubt just send the sponsor a PM via the forum.

dfox
23-04-14, 20:19
Thanks Guys. Oops I meant 1.2.

I will see what he wants to do. Thanks for the help