PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Software Updating problem??

northernmonkey
23-04-14, 13:37
I noticed this on Helios 003 too, currently on 006. If i go to check if there is a new update to the software, i get the message on screen that a background check is in operation....

The only way round it I've found is to full flash with 001 and get in quick for an update check, then update to it.

Also, the box seemed to crash a lot yesterday, I'm guessing through lack of memory but unfortunately i didn't get any crash logs etc so that's pure speculation (included in case it had happened to others)

Is the background check thing a known issue?

Rob van der Does
23-04-14, 20:24
1- If that happens, delete the files from /var/lib/opkg/lists and try again
2- Lack of memory? Then something is wrong.

NB: It did happen sometimes (due to a bad internet connection) that the files in /var/lib/opkg/lists became very big. If that was the case, that could explain both.

Martincape
23-04-14, 20:43
Can you download plugins?

Could be the aidra virus.

northernmonkey
24-04-14, 09:08
Right that's got me worried now! (Sorry for late reply, was at work...)

Anyway, I've checked to see if I can download plugins, and.....

I have 4 plugins available, 3 picons from oscram and the settings for something else...

Something's not right I fear. A virus though? How to get rid of it?

delboy13
24-04-14, 11:05
never heard of this virus but when i flashed zeus first time eset smart security was blocking ftp to vu duo saying incoming attack had to turn it off to ftp. never had that problem before only ever use vix images

northernmonkey
24-04-14, 12:27
Just perform a full reflash and reinitialized the hard drive, all seems to be well at the moment.

I did notice that i had the box in a DMZ, so i've taken that out of there now. Fingers crossed....

Oh, and I'm off to find out how to change the default password for the box.

Thanks for the help guys.

satmanbasil
24-04-14, 13:07
Hi mate

Just telnet your stb if you already have a set password then type passwd and enter input your new password, it will then ask you to retype again to confirm do that and bingo password is changed

NOTE type "passwd" as many who try type it the right way and wonder why it dont work lol