PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] helios wont

edogg
23-04-14, 12:29
just got my new solo2 from here and when i tried to flash the downloaded helios it just did not happen just started the vu standard image so I tried with vix 808 and it started the flash and completed perfectly so what is wrong with the helios image from the downloads

Sicilian
23-04-14, 12:31
Use a REAR USB port.
Use a MAX 8GB USB stick.
Format your USB stick FAT32 using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Re-download the image, copy vuplus folder to root of USB stick and start again.

If you still have issues use a genuine kingston stick.

edogg
23-04-14, 12:38
Use a REAR USB port.
Use a MAX 8GB USB stick.
Format your USB stick FAT32 using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Re-download the image, copy vuplus folder to root of USB stick and start again.

If you still have issues use a genuine kingston stick.

I have tried all usb ports and I did format the usb stick I also have 2 downloads of helios neither one worked but 808 worked first time

Sicilian
23-04-14, 12:40
Your issue will either be your USB stick or files being used.:trustme:

edogg
23-04-14, 12:54
thanks I will stick with 808 until this is sorted as I have downloaded the helios files again and they still dont work . why am i getting vuplus folder and a usr folder when i unzip the file

josh_g
23-04-14, 12:56
thanks I will stick with 808 until this is sorted as I have downloaded the helios files again and they still dont work . why am i getting vuplus folder and a usr folder when i unzip the file

take a look at the folder structure of the the image that is working and make sure it is the same for the helios image apart from the name of the image file itself.

i had this problem with my TM-twin not picking up the usb because the file structure was not correct.

abu baniaz
23-04-14, 13:01

I dont have a solo2. I have just downloaded the image to test what you say. There is no usr folder when I extract it.

Are you trying a backup image or fresh one from openvix.co.uk ?

edogg
23-04-14, 13:04
A fresh image just downloaded the 006 version and your right there is no usr folder so 002 must have got corrupted

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

edogg
23-04-14, 13:09
I apologise just double checked and I have downloaded for solo not solo 2 the first times

abu baniaz
23-04-14, 13:10
LOL.

Not the first person to do so. Sadly wont be the last either.

There is no usr folder on the solo one either. Best check PC for virii etc. Teracopy is a good program to have as it verifies transfers.

josh_g
23-04-14, 13:13
I apologise just double checked and I have downloaded for solo not solo 2 the first times

:p always the way...