PDA

View Full Version : VU + Duo Installation problems

digicell
12-11-10, 21:41
Hi all

I am having no luck with my VU + DUO - I wish someone can help me please as I am using the VIX IMAGE. I installed the VIX v1.1 again as the new one was full of green screens wherever I went. (I did upload the logs too)

Is there a way to wipe out the BOX COMPLETELY and put it to how when I bought it.
Then I can add the VIX IMAGE back.

My Wireless is not working now but it was before. I am using TP Wireless USB dongle but when I select the USB dongle and select "Adapter Settings" it keeps showing the "current Settings" section but the IP Address, Gateway etc are all 0.0.0.0

I inputted the Address reservation on the configuration router page but it just doesnt show?

Can somone please help me with these issues especially the wireless ones as I cannot get it fixed at all?

Thanks

satmanbasil
12-11-10, 23:06
Hi mate

Sorry to hear ur having troubles with what i consider the most easy box to get running. OK from the top if you wanna go back to original prep a usb stick with fats32 and install a folder "vuplus" open this folder and install another folder "duo" then go into download image section and download usb file for version 5.3 whan then transfer the 3 files inside that download into the duo folder on the usb stick. Now switch off from the rear of the receiver and insert the usb stick in the front usb port and turn back on after a short while ur see the front panel say its erasing flash and programming then it will finnish and ask u to turn off and remove usb stick ..do this
Now power up and after a short time your see the install wizzard follow this paying attention to the screen promps when it comes to network settings i uncheck use dchp so i can put my own stb IP addy and network gateway details once u completed the setup u can always go back to network settings and test all is ok.
If all goes well with this install the just follow the same proceedure again with the vix 1.2 image and with any luck ur problems will be sorted. May i also add there is a vast amount of info on this board that your find very helpfull maybe worth an hour or so reading and copy some of the advise down to ur pc for future use most of us have had problems in the past and are always ready to help a newbie with his problem.

regards
satmanbasil

digicell
13-11-10, 08:33
Hi mate

Sorry to hear ur having troubles with what i consider the most easy box to get running. OK from the top if you wanna go back to original prep a usb stick with fats32 and install a folder "vuplus" open this folder and install another folder "duo" then go into download image section and download usb file for version 5.3 whan then transfer the 3 files inside that download into the duo folder on the usb stick. Now switch off from the rear of the receiver and insert the usb stick in the front usb port and turn back on after a short while ur see the front panel say its erasing flash and programming then it will finnish and ask u to turn off and remove usb stick ..do this
Now power up and after a short time your see the install wizzard follow this paying attention to the screen promps when it comes to network settings i uncheck use dchp so i can put my own stb IP addy and network gateway details once u completed the setup u can always go back to network settings and test all is ok.
If all goes well with this install the just follow the same proceedure again with the vix 1.2 image and with any luck ur problems will be sorted. May i also add there is a vast amount of info on this board that your find very helpfull maybe worth an hour or so reading and copy some of the advise down to ur pc for future use most of us have had problems in the past and are always ready to help a newbie with his problem.

regards
satmanbasil

hi thanks

I was marking DHCP as yes this is prob why my wireless wasnt working - i will try again and let you know

can you tell me what i should set the name server as? is it the ip of the router

Thanks

Curious123
13-11-10, 22:34
I always use static ip addresses for all my boxes as it makes it a lot easier to manage the box. The nameserver is the DNS server used by your ISP. Just google your ISP DNS server and you should find the information. For VM its 194.168.4.100 & 194.168.8.100.

digicell
14-11-10, 09:39
I always use static ip addresses for all my boxes as it makes it a lot easier to manage the box. The nameserver is the DNS server used by your ISP. Just google your ISP DNS server and you should find the information. For VM its 194.168.4.100 & 194.168.8.100.

Hi

Ok how would I use a static IP Address though? Can you kindly let me know please?

I have VM so Ill put that on the Name Server but how come the information at the bottom shoing the ip address, gateway etc is not changing from 0.0.0.0?

Also I am still getting green screens - when I reflahsed to V.1.1 VIX Image it always gives me problems with my HDD and sometimes I go into MEnu and network and then when I press exit to come out of the menu screen it produces the green screens.

Thanks