PDA

View Full Version : streaming from one sovu to anotehr vu

tagteam3283
12-11-10, 21:41
is it possible to stream the signal from one vu to another vu

guff daddy
13-11-10, 10:28
I think so - there is a plugin called partnerbox which should do this.

tagteam3283
13-11-10, 19:36
cheers how do i use it?

basilyoung
13-11-10, 20:51
the Partner plugin, as far as I aware, can "ask" another unit ( db, technomate 9100, VU ) to record a programme but not stream, ( I may be wrong )

but, you can stream to your comp, or phone

baz

tagteam3283
13-11-10, 20:55
i have 2xsolo and 1 dou

the dou has motor which i want to stream to the other solo's

i have setup partnetbox on all units and it has a menu where i have setup all IP's. however, the EPG no longer works.

also, when i open the plugins i get a box saying "some plugins are not available/ coolEPG/ "partnerbox" - is there a clash ebwteen coolEPG and the partnetbox plugin

in the setup for partnerbox it says : show "steam in e-menu" so i assume it can stream. however, what is the e-menu??

basilyoung
13-11-10, 21:12
when you refer to streaming, are you talking about streaming a film or what ever, to another unit, or are you talking about using the motorized dishes signal to watch say 13 east?

via a loop through, from the duo?

baz

tagteam3283
13-11-10, 21:22
yep, streaming live TV i.e. what i am watching on my vu onto another

basilyoung
13-11-10, 22:05
well, as far as I know, ( not yet had time to mess with partnerbox ) partnerbox, is meant to set another unit up via the epg, to record, ie, if the request was made by the duo, the solo would record via its own dish, I would have thought that the solos, would best be connected to the motorized dish, via a quad lnb, or quattro set up

as far as the conflict goes,..cant offer any reasons

baz

pooface
13-11-10, 23:12
Yes, partnerbox can stream from vu to vu. I've tried it from my solo with partnerbox installed on my duo. I have the main motor lnb on the duo. I can use the extra feed to the solo to watch an extra channel if already recording on the duo (only have 1 feed on the duo)...

And yes, I do get the error messages that you mentioned at the mo...

tagteam3283
14-11-10, 17:07
okay so got the emanu now, wihch is short blue button and the partnerbox data ia on there. last opeion is to start steam, then slect the IP of the destinatuio bos, the screen goes grey and nothing happens on the destination box. is the dest box supposed to switch to the stream automatically?

pooface
14-11-10, 20:37
okay so got the emanu now, wihch is short blue button and the partnerbox data ia on there. last opeion is to start steam, then slect the IP of the destinatuio bos, the screen goes grey and nothing happens on the destination box. is the dest box supposed to switch to the stream automatically?

My solo and duo have exactly the same channel settings. I have set up the partner box so that the only yes is "Show Remote TV Player in E-Menu". Then, in the Partnerbox Entries (yellow button), I have all the correct details (i.e. password http port etc) for the other box entered. I then press blue button to show extensions menu, and choose the "Partnerbox: RemoteTV Player". Then, I choose the channel I want to watch. I have a little pause (about 2-3 seconds), and it shows the stream from the other box (i.e. it zaps to the correct stream etc)...

tagteam3283
15-11-10, 13:20
what you are dind there is changing the channel on the other box, your not actually streaming the current signal

i can zap the other box fine, its the streaming that i cant get working

tagteam3283
15-11-10, 13:31
right thin i got it now, it seems i have misinterpreted the "stream current service from partnerbox". i was using this option to try to steam from the box which has the service then selecting the box i want to stream it too - incorrect.

"stream current service from partnerbox" - means i have to use this option on the box which wants to receive the stream.

so, if i am watching somethign on the motorised dish on the dou, i need to select the stream "from" on the solo.

works to a number of boxes as well cos i has 2 solos

hopes someone finds this useful if they have the same setup as me and want to stream