PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] how to stream TV channels via DLNA to Windows Media Play

keratos
21-04-14, 21:45
What is the best way of streaming TV channels to Windows Media Player and a link or explanation of how-to would be nice.

rob76
22-04-14, 06:55
From your PC just log in to your decoder from a web browser using your LAN IP address for the box. The web interface of the box is pretty cool and you can do pretty much everything from there. To stream channels, all you need is to open the channel list and click on the TV icon on the respective channel.

keratos
22-04-14, 08:04
It's in the tithe but sorry... I specifically wanted DLNA not web http streaming

Minidlna doesn't pick up and stream tuners

Mediatomb doesn't seem to be accessible on the port (a common vix issue according to these forums)

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 08:25
Did you try using the DNLA server (is on the feeds) instead of the Mini-DNLA?

keratos
22-04-14, 09:33
DLNA-Server?
I do not see this in feeds. What is the name of the XML file for feeds - and what is the feed name for this DNLA-Server from - I will check.

Have you actually tried this - are you able to stream TV tuners via DLNA are are you just asking me to try it ?

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 11:30
I never use DNLA. But on testing (some time ago) I found the mini version to be not working, while the server did.
So it was my suggestion to you to use the DNLA-server (I checked: it is actually on the feeds) to see if that fixes your problem.

scouse645
22-04-14, 13:09
sorry for butting in, just wanted to know if you can the same thing on my smartphone? when i try it says cannot open file.

keratos
22-04-14, 13:17
I never use DNLA. But on testing (some time ago) I found the mini version to be not working, while the server did.
So it was my suggestion to you to use the DNLA-server (I checked: it is actually on the feeds) to see if that fixes your problem.

acknowledge what you say, but you have not actually answered the question with respect; I asked
1. What is the feed source name
2. Where is the XML file that contains the feed source (so I can check)
I asked this because unlike you, I do not see "DLNA server" or similar in my feed. Only minidlna.

I also asked whether you have actually tried it and found it to work.? Again, this wasnt answered although my impression is that you have not tried this as your response includes a "suggestion to see if it works".

It is certainly one idea, to try 100s of extensions including this one, to "see if it works" . This is one way, okay for some, a way to learn, and not too bad provided you dont have three kids who demand TV working all the time and so "trial and error" involving TV "downtime" is not my preferred approach. I'd prefer to be more efficient and intelligent , this is why I have requested a working configuration. I may try your suggestion (THANKS!) but first I will continue to seek out a working configuration as this is my preferred approach.

keratos
22-04-14, 13:17
sorry for butting in, just wanted to know if you can the same thing on my smartphone? when i try it says cannot open file.

Do what? Doing what? "It says" - what is "IT"? more info needed

scouse645
22-04-14, 13:19
Sorry, i wanted to know how you stream to an android phone? that's if you can? i have the stream working fine on my laptop.

mickyblueys
22-04-14, 14:25
Sorry, i wanted to know how you stream to an android phone? that's if you can? i have the stream working fine on my laptop.

Use the vu+ app or dreamdroid

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 14:36
acknowledge what you say, but you have not actually answered the question with respect; I asked
I asked this because unlike you, I do not see "DLNA server" or similar in my feed. Only minidlna.
I have no idea what you're asking.

mickyblueys
22-04-14, 14:51

I also asked whether you have actually tried it and found it to work.? Again, this wasnt answered although my impression is that you have not tried this as your response includes a "suggestion to see if it works".

It is certainly one idea, to try 100s of extensions including this one, to "see if it works" . This is one way, okay for some, a way to learn, and not too bad provided you dont have three kids who demand TV working all the time and so "trial and error" involving TV "downtime" is not my preferred approach. I'd prefer to be more efficient and intelligent , this is why I have requested a working configuration. I may try your suggestion (THANKS!) but first I will continue to seek out a working configuration as this is my preferred approach.

What image are you using? Because dlna server plugin and dlna browser plugin are both in the feeds!!

scouse645
22-04-14, 16:45
Use the vu+ app or dreamdroid

Thanks for that info, i can't see were i download it to my phone though:confused:

mickyblueys
22-04-14, 16:48
Google play store search for it

scouse645
22-04-14, 16:54
i think i'm getting there:) i have the app but i need a receiver profile, were do i find the dns address? also do i enable transcoding? not done this before so excuse my thickness.:confused:

mickyblueys
22-04-14, 18:05
For internal network, you just input your box ip.

scouse645
22-04-14, 18:14
Thanks for your help, all sorted now, works a treat, you learn something every day:thumbsup:

keratos
23-04-14, 20:25
I have since moved to blackhole where mediatomb works flawlessly without any interaction and tv channels are streamed to UPnP clients like WMP and VLC.

Done!