PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] BBCiPlayer

seame
21-04-14, 16:03
When using the Iplayer with ondemand a pop up message keeps appearing in the top right corner (I've attached a screen shot). Is there a way of switching this off?

gerryd13
21-04-14, 16:06
have you got auto resolution on??

seame
21-04-14, 16:18
have you got auto resolution on??

No its disabled.

Maybe its the refresh rate which is set to multi thats causing the pop ups, but I've always set it to multi.

andyblac
21-04-14, 19:40
No its disabled.

Maybe its the refresh rate which is set to multi thats causing the pop ups, but I've always set it to multi.

correct, it shows you when the refresh rate changes aswell

seame
21-04-14, 19:43
Cheers.

Is there anything I can do to stop the pop up from showing? It was coming on 2 or 3 times a minute when using the iplayer earlier

seame
21-04-14, 20:00
Hmmm, just been looking through the ondemand files and seen a fourOD.pyo file and a fourOD_token_decoder.pyo file. Is 4od coming back to the ondemand plugin? I've read that it is working on either another image or the xbmc plugin.

Larry-G
21-04-14, 20:03
Hmmm, just been looking through the ondemand files and seen a fourOD.pyo file and a fourOD_token_decoder.pyo file. Is 4od coming back to the ondemand plugin? I've read that it is working on either another image or the xbmc plugin.

They are legacy files that were left in, so that if we ever did bring 4OD back it would not have to be a total rewrite, there are still no plans at this moment in time to bring back 4OD to the OnDemand plugin, primarily as the main guy who does work on it has a day job too.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 21:27
Is there anything I can do to stop the pop up from showing? It was coming on 2 or 3 times a minute when using the iplayer earlier
I think there is an issue with the stream. Why would a European stream be in 60Hz?

seame
21-04-14, 21:33
Is 60Hz not used in Europe?

Is there any point having it enabled on a stb?

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 21:36
Is 60Hz not used in Europe?
Nope: 25/50Hz stems from the old PAL and 30/60Hz from NTCS systems

Is there any point having it enabled on a stb?
Not for TV-shows in Europe. But you might have other contents (DVD/MKV/WhatEver) form other countries.

judge
21-04-14, 22:38
If you enable AutoResolution in A/V settings, you'll see an option to disable Automatic resolution label.
If you set that to Not Shown & then disable AutoResolution again, does that help?

seame
21-04-14, 22:54
If you enable AutoResolution in A/V settings, you'll see an option to disable Automatic resolution label.
If you set that to Not Shown & then disable AutoResolution again, does that help?

Yeah thats sorted it Judge.

Cheers

judge
21-04-14, 23:03
Yeah thats sorted it Judge.

Thanks for letting us know, I'll open a support request for this menu option to be moved/renamed & let Andy decide how best to handle it.

seame
21-04-14, 23:17
Something else i've noticed with the iplayer is when you start to watch a programme the volume will drop. This can happen anytime, usually within the first 30 seconds, the screen will go blank and the volume will be muted for a split second, then when it restarts the volume has dropped and the PQ has "possibly" deteriorated slightly. I've tried this on the iplayer only, with both high and hd quality streams selected.

judge
22-04-14, 00:51
Something else i've noticed with the iplayer is when you start to watch a programme the volume will drop. This can happen anytime, usually within the first 30 seconds, the screen will go blank and the volume will be muted for a split second, then when it restarts the volume has dropped and the PQ has "possibly" deteriorated slightly. I've tried this on the iplayer only, with both high and hd quality streams selected.

Presume that's down to the feed being required, nothing the image can do.

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 06:16
Presume that's down to the feed being required, nothing the image can do.
Exactly; the box can only show what it gets.

judge
22-04-14, 23:38
@seame (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?44286-seame) can you please do an online update to Helios build 006, turn back on Automatic resolution label & let us know if the issue is still fixed for you.
The label should only show now if AR is enabled & not on refresh rate change.

kiwiz
29-04-14, 00:12
what happend with HD resolution i cant play and videos in HD

seame
29-04-14, 00:19
@seame (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?44286-seame) can you please do an online update to Helios build 006, turn back on Automatic resolution label & let us know if the issue is still fixed for you.

Judge, I've just seen this now. I've try this tomorrow morning and post the results.

Kiwi, When you start ondemand (I'm presuming that's what you're using) press menu and you will see an option for the stream quality.

kiwiz
29-04-14, 00:35
stream quality in HD but i se no difference when i get in on HD / normal they show same quallity

judge
29-04-14, 00:46
stream quality in HD but i se no difference when i get in on HD / normal they show same quallity

all depends on the stream your box locks on to with our ISP & when the stream kicks in...

mcquaim
29-04-14, 06:31
Not all streams offer you HD quality!

By selecting HD all this does is take the HD stream if it exists otherwise it will use the next best quality stream available.

Leave the quality at HD and then play a stream from the HD category in the menu. If it's getting HD then these will play for you otherwise not!

seame
30-04-14, 13:34

I've done that and can confirm that the issue is fixed.