PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Transcoding Stutter Helios

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 14:04
Since move from to Helios transcoding developed stutter on openwebif and vu player

stuttering every 1-2 secs including audio

tried changing framerates etc - no joy

working fine on Zeus and builds pre 760 , so assume something changed on Helios transition

andyblac
21-04-14, 14:28
yes drivers, solo2 transcode is very buggy, so much so i am considering removing support.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 14:43
I find the transcoding capabilities of the Solo2 very bad. I always get stuttering video and an enormous audio latency. And besides the video quality is very bad, even on a small phone screen.
This is with optimal settings on LAN.
It seems VU+ is working on improving the transcoding.

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 14:45
yes drivers, solo2 transcode is very buggy, so much so i am considering removing support.
so correct me if wrong -- install older drivers will resolve?
possible with new core , and if so how (excuse my ignorance on this one andy - dont wanna be spoon fed)

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 14:49
I find the transcoding capabilities of the Solo2 very bad. I always get stuttering video and an enormous audio latency. And besides the video quality is very bad, even on a small phone screen.
This is with optimal settings on LAN.
It seems VU+ is working on improving the transcoding.
Must admit i used to remote connect in early release of solo2 on 17"laptop and was watchable and VERY watchable on phone ---- gradually as time has gone on got worse- build 753 was still pretty good
Zeus - was working but poor even on phone
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Walt
21-04-14, 20:26
Is this thread only aimed at the solo2 and its software transcoding? Would this still be applicable to the Duo2 and the hardware transcoding?

stevejd2001
23-04-14, 10:12
============================== update ================================================

============================== update ================================================

Guys - fixed my issue ......when clean flashed Helios some reason under recording settings ......."preferred tuner for recordings" = A (this needs to be set to auto)

This new functionality appears to be the issue if timeshift is active.

vuesolo
24-04-14, 13:03

Guys - fixed my issue ......when clean flashed Helios some reason under recording settings ......."preferred tuner for recordings" = A (this needs to be set to auto)

This new functionality appears to be the issue if timeshift is active.

Hi Steve, Does TSPanel work ok with Helios?