PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Flashing problem with openvix-Helios.001-vusolo2_usb.zip

manufan1611
21-04-14, 12:27
Hi All,

I tried to update my solo2 today to Helios.001 and it is crashing at first launch and looping.

I took a picture of the crash log on my tv and have attached it. I would appreciate any advice on what is causing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

boysheff
21-04-14, 12:33
you need to send a proper log files for people to help out?

have you tried to re-flash again? are you wanting to restore any plugins/image etc? if not maybe worth factory restore and then a clean flash, just means you may need to add/setup plugins/ABM etc etc.

Larry-G
21-04-14, 12:37
No need for factory resetting before flashing images, the process of flashing a image it self first wipes the flash before flashing the new image, so factory resetting is a redundant and fairly pointless step.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 12:41
I cant access my box as it keeps looping after re-flash.

I tried various memory sticks formatted with HP tool, downloaded image twice, I am not trying to restore any plugins I do not get that far into the process, as the image is just about the ask the video connection type at initial set up it crashes and reboots and same again.

I will wait on any other suggestions before trying a factory restore as I have not done that before.

thanks

Maxwell
21-04-14, 12:53
Is it a genuine box ? Where did you buy it ?

manufan1611
21-04-14, 13:12
Hi Maxwell,

I bought it a year ago from ********.com , I always presumed it was original. Iv flashed to VIX twice before without a problem.
Does the crash log make any sense to you?
Cheers

Maxwell
21-04-14, 13:22
Hi Maxwell,

I bought it a year ago from ********.com , I always presumed it was original. Iv flashed to VIX twice before without a problem.
Does the crash log make any sense to you?
Cheers

You haven't posted a crashlog :confused:

manufan1611
21-04-14, 13:33
I posted a jpeg image attachment of the crash log above, the box is not on my network as I cant get in that far to set up so I cant ftp the crash logs.

I also just tried the previous release zeus image with no success, the exact same crash happens.

I am now going to try restore back to my previous working image... fingers crossed!

update
previous image 3.0 build 802 is back working..... but I would like to know why I can't update or if I am doing something wrong.

boysheff
21-04-14, 13:54
if you have managed to go back to late image try flashing again. if am honest i bought a duo sometime back and after tried flashing to newer image i kept getting loop, found out it was a clone.

give it another go and see what happens, you can always go back to older image like you have done already.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 14:11
I just checked the vuplus website that gives guidelines on how to detect a solo 2 clone and I can confirm mine is an original.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-14, 14:14
If its a genuine box you should be able to flash any image. The constant looping, failing on latest image is a sign of a clone box to me.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 14:37
I have checked VU guidelines from this link http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82&pagenum=1

Mine has the magnets on the door, has the dots in centre of fan at the rear, has the dots in the text so I have to trust that this is an original.

I have a 500gig hard drive built in , is the image trying to check saved settings or anything saved on the HD that could be causing issues?

manufan1611
21-04-14, 14:47

I managed to access the box via FTP even though it is looping - attached is the crash log if anybody can help I would appreciate it?

thanks

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 15:56
Mine has the magnets on the door, has the dots in centre of fan at the rear, has the dots in the text so I have to trust that this is an original.
Latest clones have all that as well.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 16:06
I bought mine in April last year , as far as I remember the box was only out about then and clones were not available for the solo2 at that time.

I emailed the crashlog to vix support to in the hope that someone can offer any other advice than I have a cloned box! :)

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 16:13
Anyway: the crashlog doesn't give any indication of a clone.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 16:17
What is the status of the box? It went through the first install wizard? You made settings? What do you do to provoke the crash?

kiwiz1
21-04-14, 16:27
to be honest this new image aint stable now. mouning my usb it says mount failed with usb is formated to FAT32.

had no problem with zeus or openvix 3.0 808 sos.

think time to change if there are no fix.

re flashed from 3.0 to zeus now to helios

manufan1611
21-04-14, 16:33
I do nothing to provoke - it crashes at/on first install wizard so I have not even started any config or attempted to restore any settings.
I don't think it's related to the first install screen as I don't even get the opportunity to press a button.... its almost crashing just before it

It seems to flash fine and then re-boots , then just as it gets to the screen for choosing hdmi /scart etc it crashes and loops

My box is running through a hdmi matrix - I am wondering could it be related to that? does the log say anything related to checking my video output?

khan888
21-04-14, 16:39
I do nothing to provoke - it crashes at/on first install wizard so I have not even started any config or attempted to restore any settings.
I don't think it's related to the first install screen as I don't even get the opportunity to press a button.... its almost crashing just before it

It seems to flash fine and then re-boots , then just as it gets to the screen for choosing hdmi /scart etc it crashes and loops

My box is running through a hdmi matrix - I am wondering could it be related to that? does the log say anything related to checking my video output?

I had a similar issue with my Gigablue. Had to unplug hdmi cable from the receiver and plug back in at the first install screen.

Not sure what the issue was but it stopped it from crashing/reboot loop

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 16:42
A HDMI matrix? Is that a HDMI switch? If so, just try it once without it (so direct connection to TV). I've also had a very strange issue with a HDMI switch (quite some time ago, not related to this, but just to show that HDMI handshakes can invoke issues, albeit seldom).
Or even a Scart connection, if you have to (and disconnect the HDMI lead from the box).

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 16:46
I had hdmi issue on booting on duo --- stuck on starting would not boot , had to reconnect hdmi after fully starting
was not cable etc. duo / image just did not like tv

manufan1611
21-04-14, 17:07
The matrix is similar to a switch but more functions , its for hdmi distribution around the house , I have my tv points wired back over cat6 to a central hub so I cannot try direct connection however I will try it again with the hdmi cable out and after a flash and reboot I will plug in cable and hope for the best :)

Ill post back results later.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 17:33
No need for much trouble: just disconnect the HDMI-cable and use screengrabs and R/C in WEB-IF.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 17:41
No luck :(
I removed the hdmi and connected direct via scart to an old monitor/tv I had and it is the same so I guess we can rule out the hdmi matrix as the cause.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 17:42
OK, then I have really no idea.
Build 003 is about to be released, maybe give that a try.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 18:03
OK Rob - thanks for your help

however that is now zeus and helios with the same problem for me :(

I also just downloaded openvix-3.0.808-vusolo2_usb.zip and that does not crash!? however I want to move to the latest so hopefully someone can figure what has changed since vix 3.0 build 808 and zeus and helios that is causing these problems.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 18:06
however that is now zeus and helios with the same problem for me :
Hmmm, not sure then. Really no idea what's up with the box. Can you flash other, recent images?

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 18:10
Last suggestion, long shot but you never know:
disconnect everything; all USB (even the stick you use for flashing) and the internal HDD and the Ethernet connector.

manufan1611
21-04-14, 18:14
Hmmm, not sure then. Really no idea what's up with the box. Can you flash other, recent images?

I am on 3 -802 , I tried flashing to latest of that type 3 - 808 and that works without crash at hdmi choice screen but any build after that i.e. zeus or helios crash into loop.

Ill figure out how to disconnect HD and give it one last go , other than that I will have to continue another day.

nsw9154
21-04-14, 18:27
OK, then I have really no idea.
Build 003 is about to be released, maybe give that a try.

just updated my Solo2 with the latest 03 from the boxes updates :eek: and my box has locked up, i have switched it off at the back 3 times and it still will not boot up

going to do a fresh install of Helios 01

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 18:32
just updated my Solo2 with the latest 03 from the boxes updates :eek: and my box has locked up, i have switched it off at the back 3 times and it still will not boot up
I have no idea why you highjack this thread and don't have the decency to create your own :rolleyes:

Anyway: for that reason the feeds have been set to unstable.
And you can fix that issue by unzipping the attached file to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Trial
21-04-14, 18:35
deleted as my post was garbage

manufan1611
21-04-14, 18:38
Last suggestion, long shot but you never know:
disconnect everything; all USB (even the stick you use for flashing) and the internal HDD and the Ethernet connector.

YAY! success:thumbsup:

With the HD disconnected the box has not crashed!

Thanks for your help Rob.

you mentioned build 003 helios - is this update only available through the box interface?

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 18:42
Good, at last.
Now I would reinitialize that HDD via a PC, then isntall it again and have it initialised by the box.

Yes, 003 is online, but there is an issue with it. See http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37422-Flashing-problem-with-openvix-Helios-001-vusolo2_usb-zip&p=284271&viewfull=1#post284271
If you're happy with your skills to fix that you can update.

kiwiz1
22-04-14, 14:20
got the same problem, reflashed and now its working.

but still image needs some work.

also seen that when you update to build 03 you get frezee on bootscreen. wondering if that will be fixed when the next build be relase

Larry-G
22-04-14, 14:27
got the same problem, reflashed and now its working.

also seen that when you update to build 03 you get frezee on bootscreen. wondering if that will be fixed when the next build be relase

No idea why you must post the same thing over and over again, but for the third time, this was fixed in build 004 which is online now. as for the image needing work, please remember we do this for free, we are not paid to provide images.

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 14:32
Enlighten us: what needs to be done :confused:

nsw9154
22-04-14, 16:01
I have no idea why you highjack this thread and don't have the decency to create your own :rolleyes:

i am sorry about that rob i did not do it on purpose

my power supply blew on my PC giving me the Blue screen of death and i was having trouble logging in to the site (only just got back on line properly)
and saw the heading about Flashing problem with Helios and did not read the full post as i thought it was the same problem that i was having and still am
even with Helios 04

sorry again for my miss post

regards norm

manufan1611
13-05-14, 13:05
Good, at last.
Now I would reinitialize that HDD via a PC, then isntall it again and have it initialised by the box.

Yes, 003 is online, but there is an issue with it. See http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37422-Flashing-problem-with-openvix-Helios-001-vusolo2_usb-zip&p=284271&viewfull=1#post284271
If you're happy with your skills to fix that you can update.

Hi Rob,

Life has been busy so I will only re-attempt another update at the weekend.

You mentioned that I should reinitialize the hard drive via PC then again by the box before attempting upgrade.

I re-flashed my solo2 back to my other working image with the hard drive running. Can I initialize the HD now while its installed in solo2 by the solo2 before upgrading to latest image - would that do the job and prevent crash after upgrade?

thanks