PDA

View Full Version : vu solo red light permanently on

dishman65
21-04-14, 12:07
hi guys have an original vu solo, with vix zeus installed, worked fine for a good few weeks, then cradhed on a tsmedia stream, box rebooted, greenscreen, then same again and so on.

after much reading i've come to conclusion vu is original, no v2 or v3 sticker underneath and no sticker saying to download only from here or there.

permanent red light, no usb recognised, not lighting up or flashing, run vu utils , gets to 20 percent, and says restart box, which is basicly an unplug and plugin at the mains, red light stays on.

can't ftp into box, either so no way off getting ip address, i'm guessing on ip as using same cable that feeds tm2t0e , and using that ip for vu.

i think its bricked, is there anuy other way to recover a vu solo original? thanks for any help

cactikid
21-04-14, 13:02
there is a reset button on rear saves you plugging in and unplugging,maybe disconnect everything and usb for 20 mins then connect up again and leave usb removed.
might work or if original should reflash using a different usb as vu are fussy feckers with stick.
did box die yesterday or before? those boxes were clones

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 14:08
later solo clones - sep 2013 onwards no sticker or serial cable supplied , so still could be a clone unless bought from rep dealer like sponsors.

other forums have posted some solo clones going down with the same issue as the solo2 clones, which is exact same symptoms you describe

in addition ... the clones were taking original images not patched images so no give away there from menus to what you may have

dishman65
21-04-14, 14:33
thanks reset button not working, red light staying on if you press and release hence me unplugging. this was bought roundabout dec 2013 time, came with rs232 cable, has run ok, for 4 months, if its a clone then maybe its bricked, theres no giveaway signs, and i have had original images running on this openpli4, vix zeus, and black hole, i did try connecting with putty, nothing, and trying the clone fix off the internet, but because that never even looked like working i suspected i had original, thanks for replies

Maxwell
21-04-14, 14:37
came with rs232 cable,

Definitely a clone

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 15:09
thanks reset button not working, red light staying on if you press and release hence me unplugging. this was bought roundabout dec 2013 time, came with rs232 cable, has run ok, for 4 months, if its a clone then maybe its bricked, theres no giveaway signs, and i have had original images running on this openpli4, vix zeus, and black hole, i did try connecting with putty, nothing, and trying the clone fix off the internet, but because that never even looked like working i suspected i had original, thanks for replies

unfortunately rs232 cable = defo clone = doorstop at present