PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Can't use tuners c and d

Tkr001
21-04-14, 05:24
If I have recordings active on tuners a and b and try to view on tuner c I get tune failed. I have a duo2 with 2 twin tuner cards.

Using drivers I saved from a pre vix 805 build solves the problem.

abu baniaz
21-04-14, 05:39
Sat feeds to all tuners?

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 06:03
Please state your exact tuner setup. And your build number, as 'build 0' doesn't exist.

Stanman
21-04-14, 12:32
If I have recordings active on tuners a and b and try to view on tuner c I get tune failed. I have a duo2 with 2 twin tuner cards.

Using drivers I saved from a pre vix 805 build solves the problem.

On HELIOS with 2X Twins and box is recognising all, what is your tuner set up?

Tkr001
22-04-14, 03:48
Sorry finger problems. Build is Helios 001, which I entered. I did NOT enter 0. Box has 2 twin tuners with LNB feeds to tuners a and c. Tuner a is setup with b looped through to a, c looped through to b and d looped through to c. This setup has worked fine since I got the box (and I was one of the first) until build 805 which introduced new drivers and has not recognised the second tuner card since. Reverting to the old drivers fixes the problem. In an old thread Rob recreated the problem on a box that was "at the bottom of his stack".

abu baniaz
22-04-14, 05:35
If I've read it right, you have three loops, you should only have two.

B to A &
D to C

Cables in A & C.

Tkr001
22-04-14, 05:49
Yeah I have cables in a and c but loop c to b. It works....just not on the new drivers.

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 06:27
Then 'c looped through to b' is not correct; you should setup tuner C according to the feed it gets.

Tkr001
22-04-14, 21:53
Yep, of course you are all right. Set tuner c to equal a, saved settings, reflashed and restored settings and all good. Still confused as to why it worked on the old drivers and on the early drivers setting c to equal a didn't work. It was only after trying almost every combination I settled on looping everything through.

Anyway all is good now, thanks.

Rob van der Does
22-04-14, 22:00
...Still confused as to why it worked on the old drivers ....
Nothing to do with drivers, but with by coincidence, depending on the tuner requirements of that moment.