PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Box keeps crashing when trying to access recordings

kevdoc
20-04-14, 22:40
Hi guys I have a gigablue hd quad running zeus 22. Haven't had chance to flash new vix image yet. Have run into a problem when trying to access my recordings via video button on remote. Once I press it the box crashes and reboots. I have the log attached. I was running advanced media centre plugin for a while however I disabled it and I'm thinking I might have changed something I shouldn't have. I have since removed the plugin but I am still getting the crash every time.

judge
20-04-14, 22:54
I'd update to a current build of Helios, some fixes have gone in to try & prevent this BSOD.
If it happens then, please upload the crashlog.

kevdoc
20-04-14, 23:03
I will try that. Suppose this is a good excuse for me to get of my arse and update it. Was happy enough with zeus until this. I see I can restore a settings backup from zeus. It's probably better if I don't? Correct? I manually backed up my .cfg and my timer and auto timers .xml's. That's only thing really a concern to me. Everything else is replaceable from the feeds. What should I also backup manually so I do not have to do a scan and run ABM again also. That would be great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

judge
20-04-14, 23:16
Why don't you want to to do a scan and run ABM again?
Yes, Zeus restores can be made on Helios builds, but if any of those files contain the original issue, you'd just be adding it again.

If you have a simple sat set-up, it's almost as fast to do a fresh flash with no restores.
Cam configs, timers & auto timers can easily be restored by FTP. Better to put E2 to sleep first though.

nsw9154
20-04-14, 23:17
after you have installed Helios you will have to reconfigure ABM as Helios seems to disable it

the Team know about it so it should be fixed in the next update

judge
20-04-14, 23:31
after you have installed Helios you will have to reconfigure ABM as Helios seems to disable it

the Team know about it so it should be fixed in the next update

Depends on how ABM was first configured & what providers were used...

aasimyaqub
20-04-14, 23:40
Had this problem with my Skybox, not sure if it is the same thing, but a new HDD did it for me. You should try format your current one too. Hope this helps.

judge
20-04-14, 23:45
Had this problem with my Skybox, not sure if it is the same thing, but a new HDD did it for me. You should try format your current one too. Hope this helps.
No need to format & delete recordings because of a simple issue.

kevdoc
20-04-14, 23:46
Tried a settings restore after flashing helios and it's still crashing when accessing recordings via video button. Going do full flash no restore and then just ftp over my timers and .cfg etc. Seems what ever is causing it is lingering in the settings backup.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kevdoc
20-04-14, 23:53

I know it definitely not a faulty hard drive. It a problem with a setting. Just not sure which 1.

judge
20-04-14, 23:55
Tried a settings restore after flashing helios and it's still crashing when accessing recordings via video button.
So sounds like the restore has an issue, can you upload that crash log please?

kevdoc
21-04-14, 00:13
So sounds like the restore has an issue, can you upload that crash log please?

The log folder is now empty after flashing again. There's a log file attached to my first post. It was the exact same problem. Same series of button press and actions causing the crash, accessing recordings with the video button. On both zeus and helios. Hope this log is of help to you.

judge
21-04-14, 00:22
The log folder is now empty after flashing again. There's a log file attached to my first post. It was the exact same problem. Same series of button press and actions causing the crash, accessing recordings with the video button. On both zeus and helios. Hope this log is of help to you.

It is if the same issue is still happening on a fresh flash? and if so, please also upload that crashlog.

kevdoc
21-04-14, 13:26
It is if the same issue is still happening on a fresh flash? and if so, please also upload that crashlog.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is not happening after a fresh install. It happened after I done a zeus settings restore on helios so I done another flash without restoring settings. Issue is now resolved.