PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Sound problems when playing mp4 files

harpiks
20-04-14, 16:09
This is not actually a new problem on my box. I am actually not sure this ever worked.

When I try to play mp4 files on my Gigablue Quad, I get no sound. And when stopping the movie I have no sound on any channels. Only solution is to restart the whole box.

Is this a know problem ? Is there a known workaround ?

I have had to convert the mp4 files to avi, then everything works fine.

harpiks
25-04-14, 00:12
Noone have this problem ?

judge
25-04-14, 00:17
No, I play mp4 & m4v files on my Quad all the time.
What build & number are you using? Never had any issues with them on any build though.

dfox
25-04-14, 07:29
I had this issue also but havent tested since. Awiating Helios coming out for TM Single. I am on Zues 23 at the minute.

I can play the mp4 file but have no sound

Ojustaboo
20-05-14, 17:52
Don't know if it helps you, I don't get any sound on any mp4 files unless I go into the A/V settings and change the "AAC downmix" to "yes"

dfox
20-05-14, 18:38
Don't know if it helps you, I don't get any sound on any mp4 files unless I go into the A/V settings and change the "AAC downmix" to "yes"

Thanks, I have updated to Helios 17 and everything is working apart from 1 MP4 file but that may have been corrupt

tagteam3283
22-05-14, 22:07
i get this randomly, sometimes the mp4 works with video only, then a day or two later, sounds works . duzznt matter is the file is local on the USB stick or streaming over powerline adapters

cardomons
25-05-14, 21:39
I have a Vu+Duo using Zeus and have similar problems playing films. Doesn't matter what format mp4 mkv avi or streaming, the film stutters the sound can disappear, the sound can carry on but the image stops, rebooting the box solves this, thinking about upgrading to helios but if another new image (Apollo) is out may just put up with it until then.

Rob van der Does
25-05-14, 21:49
You realize that MP4/MKV/AVI doesn't say anything about the codec that has been used?
Best is to transcode the files using a program like 'Handbrake' (use the H264 codec) and see how the box handles that.

Apart from that: in MKV's the presence of more then one subtitle file (SRT) can cause issues.

cardomons
26-05-14, 09:26
These files always played okay on the 3.0 image, anyway I've bit the bullet and decided to upgrade to Helios, nice boot image