PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] AutoBouquetMaker by ViX (Possible or CrossEPG?)

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:02
Hi All,

Installed Helios Build 01 yesterday and restored from Zeus Build 23 back-up and all was good. Installed Helios on my Vu+ Solo2 and Vu+ Uno.
I have ViX Day HD skin on both boxes, I have ABM (ViX) to run at 2:00am and I have CrossEPG to run at 2:15am.
This morning went to my boxes and both were turned on with the last channel that was watched and a black screen. I had to restart both boxes to get picture back.
Never happened to me before. Thought I would mention in case of a possible bug.

Larry-G
20-04-14, 09:12
Try to get some debug logs from the times these incidents happened, if thats not possible try to log any future incidents so that we can try and see whats gone wrong, for the record my own solo2 is working fine here with no such instances observed but then again i did go to work this morning at 03:00 before ABM or CrossEPG kicked in, so i might have missed it.

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:24
This is the log I think. From my uno, >>

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:28
And this is from my Solo2 >>

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:29
First time I have done these. Thanks Phoenix. :D

Larry-G
20-04-14, 09:31
not sure about the Uno log but the solo2 is showing a error for ABM regarding the sky Italy provider, which i saw Andy has committed a fix for already, not sure if that would be enough to crash the receiver though.

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:34
I've just looked in ABM and list is empty? Before Helios I had SkyUK and SkyNI setup?

^^COMPASS^^
20-04-14, 09:39
I also Installed Helios Build 01 yesterday on my VU+UNO & restored from backup (Zeus Build 23)

when i Run AutoBouquetMaker my receiver crashed,
when i checked AutoBouquetMaker Providers they wern't enabled,
once i enabled Sky England & setup my Region etc all was fine.

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:43
Thanks COMPASS, I've just re-setup ABM n re-scanned and all seemed ok. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Larry-G
20-04-14, 09:45
Thanks guys, something must have gone wrong in the restore, but let us know if it happens again.

Andy_Hazza
20-04-14, 09:46
Thanks Phoenix :thumbsup:

nsw9154
20-04-14, 10:39
I've just looked in ABM and list is empty? Before Helios I had SkyUK and SkyNI setup?

mine was the same this morning

i set the box to record the F1 this morning when i got up their was just a blank screen the box was still recording but their was nothing recorded on it

i thought that my internet had gone down so i switched on my Tivo box to watch TV

then i saw your post and investigated further and like you the ABM was set to off as soon as i turned ABM back on it came back on

goosegog
20-04-14, 10:58
ive also just flashed my duo with helios 1 with settings from zeus 23,ive no plugins,after several crashes when trying to scan with ABM i checked in the providers in AMB it had been set back to default settings,once id set my providers everything was fine,everything else ie recordings,zapping and timeshift are spot on,cheers fellas

Larry-G
20-04-14, 11:00
cheers for reporting this fellas, looks like people will need to reset their ABM settings after the initial restore, other than that every thing looks fine.

nsw9154
20-04-14, 11:04
just trying to remember what my settings are :confused: lol
ABM as worked perfectly for so long i have never have to check it i just set it and forgot about it :D

Larry-G
20-04-14, 11:07
lol well mine are BBC north east and Cumbria ( north ) and Tyne HD and i'm about 20 miles away from you. but then again you live in the great land of the hung monkey.

nsw9154
20-04-14, 11:10
i set mine to TEES as i am closer to the Smoggies than you :D

i originally set it up with your tutorial i think i had better Dig it out lol

Larry-G
20-04-14, 11:11
Yeah and unfortunately i'm related to some of them LOL.

nsw9154
20-04-14, 11:16
i was lucky i only had to Work with them at ICI Billingham lol :D

Larry-G
20-04-14, 11:18
i set mine to TEES as i am closer to the Smoggies than you :D

i originally set it up with your tutorial i think i had better Dig it out lol

To be honest i'm way over due on getting that tutorial updated, especially now andy is bringing Cable and Terrestrial to ABM, but i just cant find the motivation needed LOL.

nsw9154
20-04-14, 11:22
you need a Holiday mate Seaton Crew is nice this time of year :roflmao:

Larry-G
20-04-14, 11:25
you need a Holiday mate Seaton Crew is nice this time of year :roflmao:

yeah not likely, run into that water this time of year and your plumbs will dry up like raisins.

nsw9154
20-04-14, 11:38
ABM set back up i also re-ran ABM & CrossEPG saved a New Backup Manager & Image on HD & USB stick as it will be the 1st one with Helios and i should not need to use my Zeus back ups any more :thumbsup:

theone
21-04-14, 09:22
happened to me too same thing Vu+solo2 was locked up this morning power off/on and had to re scan ABM and EPG all ok now but will this happen again tonight on auto ABM ?
if so hopefully this fix will be available soon

thanks nsw9154 good thinking iv made new backup too Helios 001 :)

Andy_Hazza
21-04-14, 09:29
ABM is all good again :thumbsup:

theone
21-04-14, 09:33
ABM is all good again :thumbsup:

cheers Andy so this is fixed without us having to do any updates ? (to image)

Andy_Hazza
21-04-14, 09:52
Yeah, just by setting up ABM again after restoring from back-up when installed Helios. Did that yesterday and ABM ran fine this morning. :thumbsup:

nsw9154
21-04-14, 11:03
ABM is running fine for me as well today
mind you i forgot to turn the solo2 off last night and only turned off the TV but i think every thing will be ok

Larry-G
21-04-14, 11:24
ABM is running fine for me as well today
mind you i forgot to turn the solo2 off last night and only turned off the TV but i think every thing will be ok

standby is pretty much the same as leaving it running, in standby only the audio and video feeds are cut, every thing else is still operating, deep standby on the other hand is virtually a full power off, but still allows for the receiver to wake for timers etc.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 11:30
standby is pretty much the same as leaving it running, in standby only the audio and video feeds are cut, .....
and LNB's are being powered off.

yana
21-04-14, 13:13
ABM set back up i also re-ran ABM & CrossEPG saved a New Backup Manager & Image on HD & USB stick as it will be the 1st one with Helios and i should not need to use my Zeus back ups any more :thumbsup:

Hi,

Same problem as Andy ABM incomplete ran it than everything black. Unsure how u guys fixed it
many thanks

Larry-G
21-04-14, 13:46
Hi,

Same problem as Andy ABM incomplete ran it than everything black. Unsure how u guys fixed it
many thanks

Menu> setup> service searching> AutoBouquetsMaker> Providers ( reset your providers to your region ), then run a scan.

avi68
21-04-14, 14:30
standby is pretty much the same as leaving it running, in standby only the audio and video feeds are cut, every thing else is still operating, deep standby on the other hand is virtually a full power off, but still allows for the receiver to wake for timers etc.

So if you have the receiver in deep standby does the ABM and crossepg schedules run as expected? Or does that only work when in normal standby?

Larry-G
21-04-14, 14:33
No ABM nor the EPG will update while the receiver is in deep standby. You can however set a power timer to wake the receiver say ten minutes before the scan is scheduled to take place, then return to sleep ten minutes after. In normal standby both ABM and the EPG will update just fine.

avi68
21-04-14, 14:42
No ABM nor the EPG will update while the receiver is in deep standby. You can however set a power timer to wake the receiver say ten minutes before the scan is scheduled to take place, then return to sleep ten minutes after. In normal standby both ABM and the EPG will update just fine.

Thanks for that! :thumbsup:

yana
21-04-14, 16:27
Hi Pheonix,

many thanks for your answer. I installed Helios this am trough full flash, then restored settings of zeus 23 (abm then working fine).Everything seemed working fine until i reset the AM providers which i did but Still sky Italy is missing. Ran abm without sky italy as you mentioned but after that new scan all channel listings gone. Restored to my initial back up in helios without abm reset and channels are back again bar sky Italy still missing in providers to. the latter i don't mind. but cn't understand why i cant get any of the other channels

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 16:44
Sky IT will be back in next build.

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 16:54
FIX in here until next build

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37376-ABM-providers-missing

yana
21-04-14, 17:19

Hi Rob,

many thanks for your answer. Any explanation though regarding no channels after rescan ? Did reset abm for my area.
Should i perform another restore?

Larry-G
21-04-14, 17:33
no need for another restore, just check your tuners are correct then setup ABM for your local region ( both freesat and sky uk or what ever region you want ) then run the scan.

Andy_Hazza
21-04-14, 17:40
just press the TV button on the remote and you will get the channels back :thumbsup:

yana
21-04-14, 18:23
just press the TV button on the remote and you will get the channels back :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

Many thanks thats me sorted everything back to normal except Italy. Happy to wait for update. Unsure what happened though because did run scan and pressed tv button??!!

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 18:43
Hi Guys,

Many thanks thats me sorted everything back to normal except Italy. Happy to wait for update. Unsure what happened though because did run scan and pressed tv button??!!
Yana look couple posts up for sky italy fix 10 second job
Copy file across