PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] What a piece of work is a man: Helios

rte
19-04-14, 18:41
Admirable work. My humble thanks to all involved.
I would like to donate but never through any third party.
Any chance?

abu baniaz
19-04-14, 19:15
All the work is done in people's free time. If you wish to donate, click on the green donate tab near the top of the screen.

There is no charge for the image. Donations are used for server costs etc.

scouse645
19-04-14, 19:49
just put the new Helios image on my solo2, thanks to all for the great work involved, all sorted in seconds, that's saying something for me

knotty78
19-04-14, 20:05
helios running fine on my solo2 good work lads.

ace5
19-04-14, 20:12
Sorry for being a bit of a noob I'm on zeus at the moment on a quad looking to upgrade to helios ..how do I go about restoring my settings after I download the firmware from the server..thanks

Larry-G
19-04-14, 20:21
blue button > vix > backup manager - create a settings backup of your current Zeus image, save this to the internal HDD.

Install Helios with a USB stick then when asked if you wish to restore settings select yes and point it towards the backup you created.

chaser
19-04-14, 20:21
Working great here on a number of different boxes. Thanks from me also for all the hard work pulling this together. It's very much appreciated.

gnox
19-04-14, 20:37
Vu+ duo. Flashed Helios - and restored settings from backup. Everything was flawless.
Well done lads - seemless migration from Zeus.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ace5
19-04-14, 20:37
blue button > vix > backup manager - create a settings backup of your current Zeus image, save this to the internal HDD.

Install Helios with a USB stick then when asked if you wish to restore settings select yes and point it towards the backup you created.

Thanks pheonix

gnox
19-04-14, 20:41
One minor issue - my swapfile was inactive and not set to autostart after the restore of settings. Just required an activate and enable swap at startup

johnhoe
19-04-14, 20:53
My ondemand plugin has no sound now. Is this just me?

rte
19-04-14, 21:02
Allow digital and AAC downshift first, then star ondemand

johnhoe
19-04-14, 21:05
Thanks willdo

rte
19-04-14, 21:05
All the work is done in people's free time. If you wish to donate, click on the green donate tab near the top of the screen.

There is no charge for the image. Donations are used for server costs etc.

Sorry, no third party. No credit card information to Paypal. Any other suggestions?

MeeŽkat
19-04-14, 21:10
I have installed helios and transferred my settings...a few plugins did not transfer over but i sorted that out no bother

Issue i am having tho is i have picture but no sound on 1080p 24fps files that are on my hdd..was fine in latest zeus,anyone know whats changed?

Thanks

shuggy
19-04-14, 21:15
is the pic as good as the zeus ?? zeus pic is really good on my vu duo just wondering if I should change over

abu baniaz
19-04-14, 21:18
is the pic as good as the zeus ?? zeus pic is really good on my vu duo just wondering if I should change over

Make full image backup. If you don't like it, you can go back.

MeeŽkat
19-04-14, 21:30

Picture is great...as explained in the release notes there is not really any difference between Zeus and Helios and as far as i can see its identical although i am having sound issues on certain formats which is odd as i am using the same e2 settings i used on Zeus..all is not lost as i have a full backup of Zeus so i can revert back to that if i cant sort it out.

nsw9154
19-04-14, 21:42
Typical been trying to fix my PC all day since 10am just logged on and missed the Helios release :(:cool: i had better get busy

just installed Helios and loaded my last Backup of Zeus 23 and every thing is working GREAT and i Love the new screen loader :thumbsup:

uscool
19-04-14, 21:55
just flashed Helios on Vu Duo 2 all set in 15 mins ! , i like the option to have different boot logos, prefer the other 2 then the default one . thanks for the image !

lemi
19-04-14, 22:19
Before the battle against the Gigantes [and Titanes] in Krete, we are told, Zeus sacrificed a bull to Helios (the Sun) and to Ouranos (Sky) and to Ge (Earth); and in connection with each of the rites there was revealed to him what was the will of the gods in the affair, the omens indicating the victory of the gods and a defection to them of the enemy [certain Titanes, including Helios defected to the side of Zeus].

gnox
19-04-14, 22:41
One minor issue - my swapfile was inactive and not set to autostart after the restore of settings. Just required an activate and enable swap at startup

Hmmm - after a restart, the swapfile always shows inactive, even though Enable Swap at Startup is ticked. I deleted the swap and recreated, but it's still inactive after a restart.

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 06:08
Hmmm - after a restart, the swapfile always shows inactive, even though Enable Swap at Startup is ticked. I deleted the swap and recreated, but it's still inactive after a restart.
For issues please start a support thread.

girginoz
20-04-14, 07:02
my dreams came true with Helios:
-Log file for blindscan errors (crash)
-sending this file to beta team
thanks to @huevos and every team member:wave:

TK4|2|1
20-04-14, 10:59
Is there an ETA on technomate releases?

Sent by pressing buttons.

Larry-G
20-04-14, 11:03
Is there an ETA on technomate releases?

Just sorting out some driver issues with regard to the tuners on the 2t, which is why we quarantined the whole line as a precaution, so far my nano appears fine so we may be able to release those boxes that are unaffected after a little more testing, but the 2t is looking like a bad driver issue at the moment.

Stanman
20-04-14, 11:48
Before the battle against the Gigantes [and Titanes] in Krete, we are told, Zeus sacrificed a bull to Helios (the Sun) and to Ouranos (Sky) and to Ge (Earth); and in connection with each of the rites there was revealed to him what was the will of the gods in the affair, the omens indicating the victory of the gods and a defection to them of the enemy [certain Titanes, including Helios defected to the side of Zeus].

You have too much free time:p

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TK4|2|1
20-04-14, 14:05
Just sorting out some driver issues with regard to the tuners on the 2t, which is why we quarantined the whole line as a precaution, so far my nano appears fine so we may be able to release those boxes that are unaffected after a little more testing, but the 2t is looking like a bad driver issue at the moment.

Trust me to have a 2T grrrrrrr!

satmanbasil
20-04-14, 14:30
Hi

Good work guys nice smooth convertion to all my machines well done !!

Larry-G
20-04-14, 14:32
Hi

Good work guys nice smooth convertion to all my machines well done !!

as above if you'r using ABM make sure to reset your region settings or it will crash when ABM kicks in.

bellejt
20-04-14, 18:53
today update was flashing and did the update.Afterwards had to switch of box completely before it would reboot.Went fast and working fine but still shows the same information.What was the update ?

gordyboy
20-04-14, 18:59
Excellent guys great work.........

aasimyaqub
20-04-14, 19:11
I'm new to the forum. Currently have a Skybox F5, what do you guys recommend I update to in terms of a new box?

Stanman
20-04-14, 19:13
I'm new to the forum. Currently have a Skybox F5, what do you guys recommend I update to in terms of a new box?

Please start your own thread and more info - budget and need

Rob van der Does
20-04-14, 20:51
today update was flashing and did the update.Afterwards had to switch of box completely before it would reboot.
How long did you allow the box to do it by itself?

What was the update ?
You could have looked at that before you did the update.
Maybe it was a picon update? That can take some 10-15 minutes; might as well explain the above.