PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Wont switch on, VIX Zeus, Auto-Bouquet error, reboot, now wont switch on

RichX
19-04-14, 15:10
Hi

So this morning I switch on my vu solo2, must have been on in the morning, it says Auto Bouquet on the VFD display. Then on my TV it says a long list of errors, all do to do with AutoBouquet, then says box will reboot in 10 seconds, it did not, it was frozen on this screen, so I switched it off from the back. Now when I switch it back on, only the purple/white touch button light on the front is on, fan is running, but nothing on VFD display nothing on screen.

I tried doing a reflash, usb in, switch on, pressed the white light few times (it does respond as it lights up when pressed) but nothing happens.

Any idea?

Thanks.

grizzuk
19-04-14, 15:22
seen a post or 2 on another forum with the same problem but that was just clone boxes
I bought mine from here and mine is fine atm

salah100
19-04-14, 15:28
Hi

So this morning I switch on my vu solo2, must have been on in the morning, it says Auto Bouquet on the VFD display. Then on my TV it says a long list of errors, all do to do with AutoBouquet, then says box will reboot in 10 seconds, it did not, it was frozen on this screen, so I switched it off from the back. Now when I switch it back on, only the purple/white touch button light on the front is on, fan is running, but nothing on VFD display nothing on screen.

I tried doing a reflash, usb in, switch on, pressed the white light few times (it does respond as it lights up when pressed) but nothing happens.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Is your box clone mate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Larry-G
19-04-14, 15:38
Nothing to do with ABM but you have a clone, and as such we can not help any further.

RichX
19-04-14, 15:53
Nothing to do with ABM but you have a clone, and as such we can not help any further.

Hi Pheonix,

How can I tell if its a clone?

Also if its nothing to do with the ABM (im not doubting what your saying - I believe you) - why did it say auto bouquet maker?

Can you atleast point me in the right direction? I bought this box literally a week ago from a guy online selling genuine.

Please dont abandon me, I dont know where to go as I am completely new to Vu Solo 2 and Vix.

salah100
19-04-14, 15:53

How do you know he has a clone @pheonix ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Larry-G
19-04-14, 15:56
Because this is the exact same set of symptoms users of cloned solo2 boxes are now suffering as a result of a "believed clone bomb". It appears to wait for a certain time and then corrupts the bootsector, rendering the receiver dead.

If i were you i would be contacting the person you purchased the receiver from, to demand a refund.

RichX
19-04-14, 16:02
Hi pheonix,

Thanks for that. Can you clarify if this is just happening for me because im on the Vix image or is it happening to everyone?

Can you give me more information on this clone bomb so I can open a case again the seller, my case wont stand for anything at the moment because I dont even know the problem.

Finally is there a solution for me at present so I can watch TV? anything I can do? punch the box maybe? I have no way of watch TV at the moment

Larry-G
19-04-14, 16:05
no it's nothing at all to do with the image, it's believed to be the hardware drivers as provided by Vu+, who manufacture the genuine receivers as a method to protect their product from the illegal Chinese clones. no there is nothing you can do to get the receiver working again at this time until those who manufacture the clones release a fix, if ever.

seame
19-04-14, 16:05
Because this is the exact same set of symptoms users of cloned solo2 boxes are now suffering as a result of a "believed clone bomb". It appears to wait for a certain time and then corrupts the bootsector, rendering the receiver dead.

If i were you i would be contacting the person you purchased the receiver from, to demand a refund.

I like this idea! But feel sorry for those that bought a clone believing it was genuine.

Larry-G
19-04-14, 16:08
Same here, i have genuine sympathy for those who have been conned into buying these cheep knockoffs believing them the real article, but no sympathy at all for those who knowingly buy clones.

RichX
19-04-14, 16:08
Hi

Thanks.

I have been searching google for terms like clone bomb vu solo2, vu solo2 not switching on and I cannot find anyone else with this problem. Im I not doing it right? - I mean I know the forum has strict policy not to post duplicates...

Larry-G
19-04-14, 16:10
I wont give you a direct link but search for digitalworldz and look there.

stevejd2001
19-04-14, 16:20
Same here, i have genuine sympathy for those who have been conned into buying these cheep knockoffs believing them the real article, but no sympathy at all for those who knowingly buy clones.
a firery death i believe PMSL

Larry-G
19-04-14, 16:23
a fiery death i believe PMSL

Indeed......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nsw9154
19-04-14, 16:39
i could have fell in to the same Trap but thankfully i was lucky :eek: But their are far to many poor souls that are not so lucky and get Stung :mad:

Larry-G
19-04-14, 17:04
i could have fell in to the same Trap but thankfully i was lucky :eek: But their are far to many poor souls that are not so lucky and get Stung :mad:

No mate, there are far too many greedy, dishonest people out there willing to con unsuspecting people into buying this rubbish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

seame
19-04-14, 17:12
Is there anything that the image can look for to verify if a box is genuine or not? If so, could this be checked upon flashing and if its a clone a warning could be given to the user that any further progress with the setup would brick their box? This would give anyone who bought a box believing it was genuine to contact their supplier before its too late.

Rob van der Does
19-04-14, 18:19
Is there anything that the image can look for to verify if a box is genuine or not?
Unfortunately there's not.

manicscrewdriver
19-04-14, 18:51
Looks like the same thing that happened to Amiko Alien users last year. I can understand why the manufacturers do it but i still think its pretty low as at the end of the day its the end user that gets stung not the seller. Most people don't even know they have a clone.

Its not always that easy to get your money back especially if you have purchased it off ebay. I suppose the moral of the story is only buy from authorised retailers of Vu+ Products if you want to ensure you get a genuine box. Unfortunately for me that now strikes Vu+ off my list of manufacturers to buy from.

The time bomb hasn't affected me in the slightest as i don't currently own any Vu+ stuff, but i think killing the box completely is a pretty sh*tty thing for anyone to do to somebody regardless. My DM800Se was purchased second hand at a lot less than cost price before anybody points out that i have a DM box in my signature.

I have the same stance regarding Dream Multimedia and Amiko, I won't buy any of their products either for exactly the same reason.

Nano

Larry-G
20-04-14, 07:08
Looks like the same thing that happened to Amiko Alien users last year. I can understand why the manufacturers do it but i still think its pretty low as at the end of the day its the end user that gets stung not the seller. Most people don't even know they have a clone.

Its not always that easy to get your money back especially if you have purchased it off ebay. I suppose the moral of the story is only buy from authorised retailers of Vu+ Products if you want to ensure you get a genuine box. Unfortunately for me that now strikes Vu+ off my list of manufacturers to buy from.

The time bomb hasn't affected me in the slightest as i don't currently own any Vu+ stuff, but i think killing the box completely is a pretty sh*tty thing for anyone to do to somebody regardless. My DM800Se was purchased second hand at a lot less than cost price before anybody points out that i have a DM box in my signature.

I have the same stance regarding Dream Multimedia and Amiko, I won't buy any of their products either for exactly the same reason.

Nano

The thing is mate that at this moment in time no one actually knows what the hell is the cause of this, but I am willing to stand up in a court of law to state that it is not ViX image related as some are claiming. The bit about this being drivers has no hard proof either just supposition. RvB has spoken to senior Vu+ executives who have assured him that it's not them and in reality they would be crazy to do such a thing as it would leave them legally liable to damage claims.

so that leaves the producers of the boxes them selves and why not, they are not exactly operating a law abiding business to start with, It would not be a massive stretch of the imagination for them to want to clear a already saturated clone market in order to sell more boxes or at the very least have users pay to repair the now dead ones.

cactikid
20-04-14, 08:58
easy on now mate sending a box back to china and getting another clone in its place ,omg look at the new name
arise of the phoenix.
agreed too many greedy people selling clones as original and i do feel sorry for them:violin:
if you want a vu dont buy the name but from a well known supplier originals only:thumbsup:

Larry-G
20-04-14, 09:06
arise of the phoenix.

Easy now, i'll keep my rising to my self thank you very much. LMAO

agreed too many greedy people selling clones as original and i do feel sorry for them:violin:
if you want a vu dont buy the name but from a well known supplier originals only:thumbsup:

Totally agree, and those crying the loudest here are the dozy buggers who have been bragging about shifting dozens of boxes for their "mates" etc.
( not you Nano LOL )

I have no sympathy for those fools on ebay and the likes who have been selling clones like there sweets, hopefully now they will have a raft of angry customers ready to kick their door in and take some of their hard earned cash back.

badham
20-04-14, 09:28
it happened to my duo 2 yesterday could i just send my serial number off to vu+duo to see if its a clone

Larry-G
20-04-14, 09:33
There are no Duo2 clones yet as far as i am aware, although i did see some one post a Alibaba ( or what ever the hall that site is called ) advert for one, where did you buy it ?.

manicscrewdriver
20-04-14, 11:07
Let me make it clear, I don't buy boxes for mates, i'm not that stupid. I just recommend where to buy which ever box they want and leave it at that, its upto the person who is buying the box to decide where he/she gets it from. If they want to buy a clone thats their issue. Once they have the box then i help them. I only ever buy boxes for myself. I'm more than aware of how easy it is to get a shafted with a clone box which is why i stay away from that side. If one of my friend buys an iffy box and it goes tits up on him, that's his issue not mine.

I won't deny that i haven't had clones in the past if its been at the right price or has been given to me and even then its only been used as a box for the kids room or for use in the bedroom. My main used boxes have always been genuine but most of time i will go for a genuine box over a clone 99 times out of a 100.

Regardless i still think what ever has happened, it is still a shi**y thing to do to somebody that as said before may not even realise they have a clone box. Its difficult to say who has done it, but as with the Gemini team and DMM it was never fully understood who killed off the clone DM500 boxes. DMM deserved to have their boxes cloned due to their arrogance as they are just over priced when compared to better receivers that are available out there.

It will probably be never fully understood who caused the issue with the Vu+ boxes.

Nano