PDA

View Full Version : hi please can I get a little help

sokar666
19-04-14, 14:03
hi all so I have a skybox f5s for the most part it's been ok little slow on switching channels and a bit glitchy so I was thinking of upgrading to new box was looking on world of satellite shop at this box VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Enigma2 Satellite Receiver was hoping to get some advice on this satellite box

thank you for all your help

Andy_Hazza
19-04-14, 14:53
Hi, what are you looking for in a satellite box? Recordable? Single or twin feed? The Vu+ Duo has been a great box, but quite dated now. Still a good box though if setup right, especially setting a swapfile up, this is essential, easy to do too.

sokar666
19-04-14, 17:44
i'm not really bothered about recording I just wanna box that's not going to keep glitching and freezing all the time like my skybox f5s plus I want a box where I can put some plug-ins and stuff on it plus I don't know if it can be done I have a nas box with my media on it was hoping I can connect to it and play my media through the satellite box

Andy_Hazza
19-04-14, 20:00
Yeah you can connect your nas box mate. For an extra few quid I would go for the Vu+ Solo2, an exceptional box, best out of em all by a country mile. Here is a link to the sponsor's site for more details; http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

If you didn't want to spend that much this looks a cracking box, the miraclebox. This is the link to this box via sponsor site; http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Miraclebox-Linux-HD-Receivers/Miraclebox-Premium-Mini-HD-2x-dvb-s-s2

I would recommend ViX image, great software and great support and loads of plugins available via the feeds. :thumbsup:

sokar666
19-04-14, 20:56
thank you for your Quick reply and excellent advice have had a look at the 2 sat boxs and I think the Miraclebox looks like it will do what I want and more

again thank you very much for your excellent advice Andy_Hazza