PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG not downloading g

mskhan01
19-04-14, 10:37
My epg is set for daily download at 8:50, unfortunately as the my Vu solo2 was off this morning, it didn't update the epg. So I did a manual download from the menu option. Now it was going through loops of parsing events & had been going on for 15 min so I did an exit & afterwards it show a message of downloading few things. But after all that my epg data is missing? I have tried it a few times but same issues? Any help will be appreciated.

Micci
19-04-14, 11:27
Had the same problem yesterday and the day before that. Seems OK now after I deleted the file "epg.dat" and downloaded again.

ronand
19-04-14, 12:39
Sometimes restarting enigma2 forces a data to repopulate

mskhan01
19-04-14, 13:42
Thanks for your help Guys, I am all sorted using both tips:thumbsup:

theo
19-04-14, 15:10
Im having a problem today downloading the EPG. Ive tried a manual download , it just hangs on "Loading data". Never had this problem before. Is there a problem with the servers?

nsw9154
19-04-14, 15:48
just tried downloading ABM & CrossEPG on my Solo2 and it seems to be working Perfect and pretty Fast

mskhan01
19-04-14, 23:45
I have noticed although I have a full epg on pressing epg button, I am still missing program names by pressing the up or down button. They will show after you have opened that channel, never had this issue before? Have now updated to Helios but having the same issue?

mskhan01
20-04-14, 09:54
Update, this morning on update still having a very slow progress on Parsing events,if I exit it, there is no epg? I am on the latest Helios image?

mskhan01
21-04-14, 14:49
I will appreciate if someone can help me with my Lraizer autobouquet update on vix Helios please, as stated above it takes forever on parsing events , I have exited after 15 min once? It used to do it in a flash but for the last few days has been giving me trouble?

abu baniaz
21-04-14, 14:58
You are confusing things. Channel lists and EPG are two different things. Lraizers plugin does not parse events.

Put Enigma to sleep with an init 4 telnet command. (You must do this as EPG data is kept in RAM and written back). Delete EPG.dat, restart receiver and then download EPG again.

mskhan01
21-04-14, 15:09
Honestly I am not sure what has gone wrong with it as it used to work flawlessly but now on auto update or even manual update it will find 918 channels & then will download a few things before it gets to parsing events phase & then starts crawling afterwards & if I exit it at that stage it will download a few more files & then will upload? I have already tried with deleting EPG.dat file & after restart have downloaded another one but still having same issues.Not sure about initial 4 telenet command, how to do it?

mskhan01
21-04-14, 16:02
Apologies for confusing with autobouquet, for correction I am having issues with cross EPG not autobouquet?

mskhan01
21-04-14, 17:17
Oh dear no joy, even uninstalled cross EPG & then reinstalled after a restart but still having same delay on parsing events requiring a manual exit to proceed, surely someone will know how to sort it out or perhaps none is interested in helping a newbie :smash:?

abu baniaz
21-04-14, 18:03
With regards to the telnet command, after you log in, you just type the following.

init 4

EPG data is held in live memory. If you delete EPG.dat and then restart, it will re-write the EPG.dat back to your storage medium. You must put Enigma to sleep before deleting EPG.dat

Post a screenshot of this parsing error.

mskhan01
21-04-14, 18:20
Thanks for your help, have tried telenet command & deleted epg.dat file after that but after restart on running update again having a very very slow update at "parsing events" stage, which keeps repeating & have to manually exit it to proceed.I have attached screen shot as well, but there is no error message other than screen showing slow update at parsing events?

mickyblueys
21-04-14, 18:38
You have to place
enigma to sleep using telnet init 4. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE TELNET SESSION,(sorry for capitals, just have to stress that point) whilst telnet still active FTP to box, and delete epg.dat. now wake enigma using telnet init 3.
Then retry cross epg download.

(I wouldn't have deleted the cross epg, as you say you have, as this is written into the image, you could've added extra problems to the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

mskhan01
21-04-14, 18:51
I have done exactly as you have suggested by using telenet, deleting file epg.dat from my hard drive but unfortunately it is taking the same delay on parsing event stage & if I do a manual exit there is no epg afterwards ? DO I need to do a fresh flash from scratch??

judge
21-04-14, 18:56
What EPG sources are you using & where are you saving EPG to?

mskhan01
21-04-14, 19:02
Cross EPG-XMLTV Provider- Rytec UK XMLTV
Open TV provider Sky UK Open TV

Have always saved to it to external hard drive

mickyblueys
21-04-14, 19:06
Your external drive is mounted correctly??

mskhan01
21-04-14, 19:09
Yes ,it is, as I also use it for picons, timeshift & recordings, no issues otherwise

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 19:10
And if you use Cross for Open TV only? And use the dedicated XMLTV importer for the rest? (not at the same time).

judge
21-04-14, 19:10

Have always saved to it to external hard drive

Why use 2 providers for UK?

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 19:12
Indeed, didn't even see that: that's not good! You get multiple entries.

mskhan01
21-04-14, 19:13

Not sure, which one would you recommend?

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 19:14
For UK: Open TV

mickyblueys
21-04-14, 19:14
I personally use open tv for UK, without problem

mskhan01
21-04-14, 19:18
Hurrrrray, sorted, many thanks for your help guys, sorted by just selecting open TV only:thumbsup:

mskhan01
21-04-14, 19:58
Just one little question about XMLTV import configuration, shall I disable automatic import or do a daily update & if yes, which source do I have to select?

abu baniaz
21-04-14, 20:16
For 28.2 do not use xmltv import. Just use CrossEPG downloader. There is an option to schedule download in the configure menu.

See this guide for EPG
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0

judge
21-04-14, 23:39
Not sure, which one would you recommend?

As suggested above Open TV for UK.
Rytec UK XMLTV does provide more info like season & show number (in episode title), but IMO looks messy in EPG.
Pick the one that you prefer & use that. Don't use both as one just overwrites the other & downloading both at the same time is bound to cause issues.

windyjimmy
09-12-17, 21:41
/home/root/logs/enigma2/crash -2017-12--20-00-41 keeps comeing up on zgemma

ccs
09-12-17, 21:47
You need to re-read the forum rules you agreed to 2 years ago when you joined.

(Strange to pick a 4 year old thread to post on.)