PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Change Devive mount name

stevenatherton42
18-04-14, 23:00
Is there any way to change the device mount name? Currently my hard drive is named w100 or something similar which the gf has a problem with when "changing location" via the yellow button.

Is this possible in vix or would I need to rename it by connecting it to a computer?

judge
18-04-14, 23:09
Have you tried changing the Local share name?
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts setup -> Mount Manager -> Mount points management

stevenatherton42
19-04-14, 13:29
Hello judge

It's not the network mount I want to change the name of. It's the name of the internal hard drive and USB.

Cheers

stevenatherton42
20-04-14, 22:15
Anybody any ideas?

judge
21-04-14, 00:05
Still not sure what you want to change or why? default mount with no extra network mounts...

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 06:02
I don't think anybody understands what you want to achieve (and why).

And stating that you use 'build 0' doesn't help either.

stevenatherton42
21-04-14, 13:42
I'll try and explain a little better. I have a VU+ Duo in the sitting room, VU+ Solo in the kitchen and a TM Nano in the bedroom. They're all networked together to access each others recordings. I also have my computer mounted as a network drive too. The problem I have is that when the gf wants to stream a movie from the computer, she selects "Computer" by pressing the yellow button via the media browser. That's fine, because the network mount is called "Computer". The problem comes when she then wants to watch a recording that is stored on the internal hard drive of the box she is using. When she tries to change the location back to the internal hard drive via the yellow button, the hard drive is named similarly as in judges screenshot - "HGST HT..." I've also got a usb stick connected which is named in the same way. So it gets a little confusing for her to know what to select.

I was hoping there would be a way of renaming the hard drive from "HGST HT..." to "Hard Drive" and the usb stick to "USB Stick" to stop her shouting me to do it for her every time.

I'm using the latest build of Zeus - 023 which I did put in when I posted this, but for some reason it defaulted to 0

Cheers

seame
21-04-14, 13:56
Get a new girlfriend?

You should be able to rename the usb stick with windows, I can't remember how but it should be simple.

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 14:12
Hmm, I would have fixed this another way: just one HDD in one of the boxes and all record to that.

stevejd2001
21-04-14, 14:16
why not just rename top level folder
ie HDD/movies_solo HDD/movies_duo

etc

stevenatherton42
21-04-14, 19:26
Thanks for the replies. I tried renaming the USB with windows, but had to convert it to ext4 when I used it in the Duo so the name change didn't show.

I think I'll try as Rob van der Does suggests and record to one hard drive, although I'm not too confident of recording HD channels over powerline, I'll give it a go.

Thanks again

mickyblueys
21-04-14, 19:31
If all boxes are networked using nfs, you can label the drives(shares) anything you like, and find using yellow button, e.g I have my boxes labeled upstairs and downstairs. Precisely for the reason you ask.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
21-04-14, 19:31
.....I think I'll try as Rob van der Does suggests and record to one hard drive, although I'm not too confident of recording HD channels over powerline, I'll give it a go.....
That might indeed be a limitation. Is HD-Playback faultless?

And besides: all my boxes have different names, and in 'recording settings' I added bookmarks to all the xxxx/movie.
So in the movielist I can easily navigate to e.g. Ultimo/HDD/movie etc.

stevejd2001
22-04-14, 06:14
Thanks for the replies. I tried renaming the USB with windows, but had to convert it to ext4 when I used it in the Duo so the name change didn't show.

I think I'll try as Rob van der Does suggests and record to one hard drive, although I'm not too confident of recording HD channels over powerline, I'll give it a go.

Thanks again
I use homeplugs and struggle with HD content from nas,,, hence each machine own hdd