PDA

View Full Version : Finishing of my setup Vu duo2, Last few questions! (Vfd and Epg)

Rexstar
18-04-14, 11:52
Hi

Im almost just done finishing my setup on my new vu duo2 box, i just have few questions regards to full epg and picon logos on led box screen

1) is it possible to have bouquet categories in full epg, where the programme description is?

2) lcd screen is it possible to set it up as big picon logo, weather ( just like picture on packaging box) and recording sign when programme is recording.

thank you

Larry-G
18-04-14, 12:11
1) yes, just press the TV button on your remote while in the Graphical EPG, this will show the bouquets list in the top left hand corner where the program synopsis is usually shown. you can then navigate through this list to find the channel you want to view etc. to return to the program synopsis press the TV button again.

20 I believe so. but i dont have a Duo2 so have no clue where to start on that one.

Rexstar
18-04-14, 13:20
thank you phoenix you solved my first question, just question 2 remaining. this website been great support. almost there. than i am one happy man, this box is amazing.

Rexstar
18-04-14, 17:09
Hi

Im almost just done finishing my setup on my new vu duo2 box, i just have few questions regards to full epg and picon logos on led box screen

1) is it possible to have bouquet categories in full epg, where the programme description is?

2) lcd screen is it possible to set it up as big picon logo, weather ( just like picture on packaging box) and recording sign when programme is recording.

thank you

sorry i meant lcd screen not vfd.

Rexstar
18-04-14, 17:48
question 2 done aswell, anyone interested in big picons in lcd http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36386-Just-large-picon&highlight=lcd

p.s doesn't have the weather stuff just big picons, but will do for me right now.

thank you everyone.

DaMacFunkin
18-04-14, 18:39
I have mine to display the weather when in standby...

Rexstar
18-04-14, 18:43
daMacfunkin can you please tell me how you set that up.

thanks

Clabs
18-04-14, 20:21
Rexstar

I added the weather stuff for you but it really doesn't look very good - the lcd screen is just too small to fit both items on the screen at the same time. Try this one - it scrolls between a picon screen and weather screen every 15 seconds. It seems a good compromise for what you want to achieve.

You can go in and alter the amount of time each screen is displayed if you want to.

In case you didn't know, you can edit the LCD4Linux settings from your pc via a browser session. Type in the ip address of your box with /lcd4linux tagged on the end. Some people find it easier that way.

Let us know how you get along.

DaMacFunkin
19-04-14, 07:31
Go into the lcd4linux editor, the first set of settings will be "General settings" it is in here (i think not at home at the mome) where you set the town for your weather ie Lincoln. Pressing the blue button will then take you to set preferences for "On" pressing the blue button again will take you to set preferences for "Media Player" which will control what will be displayed when watching a recording etc, pressing the blue button one more time will take you to the display settings for standby, here you can enable the weather sett how many days info and how big you want it.

Rexstar
19-04-14, 09:24
thanks clabs, it worked out well, i was wondering if i can have second screen as current weather condition with big picon and 3rd screen as what you just gave me.

Clabs
19-04-14, 10:07
Good stuff!

Ok, try this one - it is hopefully what you wanted.

By the way - this is set for London so you might want to go and change that to your nearest city if it is different.

Rexstar
19-04-14, 13:51
yeh im in London didn't need to change that, thank you so much clabs. Everything sorted just going to make a backup of everything and learn how to change splash screen.