PDA

View Full Version : Golden Interstar LX3

nsw9154
17-04-14, 16:16
just noticed this new receiver 4 tuners Linux box and it is supposed to run Open ATV Open vix to be sent later, is it any good as the specs seem ok with 2 gig flash :confused:

http://www.xpeed-lx.de/index.php?page=recivier&id=105

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-04-14, 19:35
It's being looked at ;)

drx360
17-04-14, 20:04
looks a pretty good box that.

nsw9154
17-04-14, 20:18
that's what i thought when i saw it mate i think its about Ģ320 with twin tuners Ģ390 with 4

nsw9154
17-04-14, 21:27
just found some more information

http://digitalne.ellano.sk/magazin-7/special/item/preview-golden-interstar-xpeed-lx3

rassi
18-04-14, 05:41
Hopefully ViX will change their mind. In other words, hopefully WoF finds this box usefull :)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33827-Golden-Interstar-Xpeed-lx-1-amp-2
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35424-OpenViX-for-HDp-receivers

Stanman
18-04-14, 09:46
It's not a question of vix supporting the box it's also manufacturer making test Box available to Andy.
His extremely good but he cab hardly write for a box he does not posses.
His a genius but.....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

drx360
18-04-14, 10:18
iam about to buy another box in the next few days and i am torn between this and the new gigablue hd quad plus :confused:

moskolio
08-05-14, 10:04
Hello

I was recently in contact with Golden Interstar and they have told me the OpenVix will support and release images for their latest hi-end receiver Xpeed LX3 soon.
Can you please confirm or deny that?

Thanks

seame
08-05-14, 10:41
I'm looking to buy another box soon and this one is interesting me.

Can anyone tell me if the hdmi in port would allow me to capture video from another device?

kwabh
11-05-14, 08:31
Hi,
On behalf of forum users- please let me know whether by now - other e2 images can be installed on LX3. Linux os.

Thanks for your reply..

Larry-G
11-05-14, 08:34
Hello

I was recently in contact with Golden Interstar and they have told me the OpenVix will support and release images for their latest hi-end receiver Xpeed LX3 soon.
Can you please confirm or deny that?

Thanks

we are in the process of testing the receiver and are awaiting a driver fix for an issue before we decide.

moskolio
11-05-14, 08:38
The driver issue will be solved sooner or later, this is a good receiver at a good price in need of a good image with English support like vix so please give it the support it needs and deserves.

alsat1
16-05-14, 19:25
Driver will be fixed soon.
It will be very nice to have the best e2 image on the LX3 board from VIX Team.Please VIX developers,make a image for this receiver.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rassi
20-05-14, 13:01
Driver will be fixed soon.

Or not.. :)

Larry-G
20-05-14, 13:16
Or not.. :)

If your referring to the menu button problem, a driver fix was posted for that several days ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

rassi
20-05-14, 13:26
Really? Then ive missed them hard. OpenATV still saying 31.3.2014 drivers and only fix ive seen has been is use older drivers. Dont want to imagine what them will broke :)

seame
20-05-14, 15:10
Can someone with one of these boxes confirm if its able to record from another device via the hdmi in port please

rassi
21-05-14, 12:30
New beta drivers attached. Letīs see what happen.

alsat1
22-05-14, 22:54
Can not record via hdmi in.But mayby soon yes.I had info from close person from team it will be on "list to do".
New driver are public.LX3 is awsome.Fast and functional,with hdmi in I have my old laptop connected and its like super machine e2+xbmc in one.And also I can see my wifi camera in pip.
My finger are croses for vti team.We awaitng for openvix.
Best regards.

Rob van der Does
23-05-14, 06:34
Can not record via hdmi in.But mayby soon yes.I had info from close person from team it will be on "list to do".
But as the box won't support HDCP many devices can't be connected at all.

rassi
26-05-14, 06:09
we are in the process of testing the receiver and are awaiting a driver fix for an issue before we decide.

Update for this? :)

Larry-G
26-05-14, 06:52

if or when we decide to support a receiver or manufacturer we will make a announcement so please be patient.

Rob van der Does
26-05-14, 06:56
Yes: we're in the process of testing the receiver and are awaiting a driver fix for an issue before we decide.

lemi
26-05-14, 17:38
Does that mean LX2 will be supported too:amen:

Larry-G
26-05-14, 17:49
Does that mean LX2 will be supported too:amen:

Possibly but there are no firm plans for that as of yet, once we decide on where we are going with the Lx3 we will decide on the others in the same line.

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 13:33
Just so you are aware, Vix image released for the LX3

rassi
04-06-14, 17:15

Yes!! Best day since OpenViX was released for Solo2 :)

nsw9154
04-06-14, 18:01

Well this message has probably made my mind up as to what Receiver to get next :D it was a choice between the Duo2 or the Xtrend ET10x

But now :smiley_yup:

lemi
04-06-14, 18:59
Nothing for LX2? It's much more stable with new bootlader and drivers.....:confused:

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 19:09
Not yet, as there is a driver issue that has to be fixed first.

moskolio
04-06-14, 19:13
Are there any plans to create a section in the forum for golden interstar xpeed receivers like you have for all the others manufacturers you are creating images for?

lemi
04-06-14, 19:18
Like I said,don't have any issues with ATV or HDF.It's very good and powerful receiver:thumbsup: I hope VIX image comes soon:thumbsup:

stevenjonas
09-06-14, 16:24
After spending weeks deciding that the Gigablue Quad Plus was the route forward, being cheaper than the Vue+ Duo2, I have only just learned about the Golden Interstar LX3.

There was earlier mention of some problems with the menu button & the OK button. have these problems been sorted, does anyone know?

I am very ignorant in the use of such machines.

Sicilian
09-06-14, 17:06
After spending weeks deciding that the Gigablue Quad Plus was the route forward, being cheaper than the Vue+ Duo2, I have only just learned about the Golden Interstar LX3.

There was earlier mention of some problems with the menu button & the OK button. have these problems been sorted, does anyone know?

I am very ignorant in the use of such machines.

Yes drivers fixed.

stevenjonas
10-06-14, 07:34
Many thanks. " further questions occur to me: Firstly, am I correct in assuming that all the instructions will be in German, or is there an English version? Secondly, I was thinking of buying the machine without a hard drive & fitting my own. Is this pretty easy?

Sicilian
10-06-14, 07:50
Many thanks. " further questions occur to me: Firstly, am I correct in assuming that all the instructions will be in German, or is there an English version? Secondly, I was thinking of buying the machine without a hard drive & fitting my own. Is this pretty easy?

English manual, but bit pointless when using a 3rd party image such as ViX.

Yes HDD easy to install, cradle is self explanatory. 3.5" will use whole cradle, if using 2.5" just fix to one side of cradle.

Sicilian
10-06-14, 07:51
Moved to correct section.

nsw9154
11-06-14, 14:30
Well I Bit the Bullet and ordered the LX3 with 3 DVB-S2 & 1 DVB-C/T2 Tuners from the sponsor and it is arriving tomorrow I can not wait :thumbsup:
the only thing that I am Disappointed about is it looks like it uses the same Crappy Remote as the Miraclebox
just as well I have bought a Harmony 650 remote
would the New Duo 2 remote work with the LX3 as I would probably buy one of them as I love the Solo2's remote and would not get to Confused :roflmao:

rassi
11-06-14, 14:33
the only thing that I am Disappointed about is it looks like it uses the same Crappy Remote as the Miraclebox

You will be a lot more disapointed when you realize how awful response LX3 do have for IR :)

Sicilian
11-06-14, 14:40
Well I Bit the Bullet and ordered the LX3 with 3 DVB-S2 & 1 DVB-C/T2 Tuners from the sponsor and it is arriving tomorrow I can not wait :thumbsup:
just as well I have bought a Harmony 650 remote
would the New Duo 2 remote work with the LX3 as I would probably buy one of them as I love the Solo2's remote and would not get to Confused :roflmao:

I actually really like the remote.

You will be a lot more disapointed when you realize how awful response LX3 do have for IR :)

No issues here, I find it actually responds and goes through menu's/bouquets faster than Duo2.

rassi
11-06-14, 14:48
No issues here, I find it actually responds and goes through menu's/bouquets faster than Duo2.

How far you are from the LX3?

Iīm approx 4 meters from it and vertical up/down need to be 0-26 degrees from the box to get IR command to go thru.
Ordered IR-repeater from Ebay so it will hopefully solve this issue.
I have had two LX3 boxes and both have exactly same poor reseption and same thing with orginal and Harmony 700.

and mainly i do have feeling that Solo2 runs much more "smoothly" than Lx3, including timeshift etc overall things.

nsw9154
11-06-14, 14:53
I should have no problem then as I am only about 5 foot away from where the receiver will be
as it will be in my Back room with my HI-FI & Computer, our lass has the Virgin Box in the front room :D

MPele
11-06-14, 16:19
I found a potential driver issue when testing my new LX3 receiver. I have only one tuner using Thor. I made a timer recording for a Thor channel, and then I started to watch and timeshift another Thor channel from a different transponder. When the time came for the recording, LX3 became unresponsive, and there was a symbol on the TV screen to indicate it's waiting.. but the channel never changed to the one that should have been recorded. The selected channel was showing ok but there was no response for any of the remote buttons. I had to power reset the box. The timer recording was started only after restarting the box.

This has happened twice, at least the second time was with timeshifting, not sure about the first time. It doesn't happen every time. When it works ok, the box informs that the channel needs to be changed (and it changes automatically) because of timer recording.

I wonder if this is a known issue. The driver version is from the middle of May.

nsw9154
11-06-14, 17:08
I think they fixed the Driver problems with Vix Apollo 3

Sicilian
11-06-14, 17:18
@ Rassi, sit around 3 meters away, not had any issues. Found it comparable to VU+ Ultimo and Duo2 in remote response and they are both very directional.

@ MPele, not had any timeshift issues here, I've got Timeshift enabled.

New drivers due in next few days fixing OSD position setup, currently being tested by manufacturer. For the time being best to turn off overscan on TV.

norhap
11-06-14, 23:06
I have only one tuner using Thor. .
logical error, you are looking for, only one tuner.....

1 which envisions.
2 timer recording
3 timeshift

brownvim
12-06-14, 08:03
I have ordered this box, looking forward to receiving it to replace my Vu+ Duo. The "HDMI IN" looks interesting, does this mean I could connect my Apple TV directly into the receiver and not have to change channel to AirPlay etc?

nsw9154
12-06-14, 12:22
Just received my LX3 very nice :smiley_yup: fitted a 1TB HHD in it easy peasy now just scanning the cable channels then I will do the sat ones
I was wondering if I could loop through from one of the LX's tuners to feed my Solo2 :confused:

norhap
12-06-14, 12:28
if you can loop perfectly lx3 port below (loop)-> solo2

nsw9154
12-06-14, 12:39
Cheers mate I will try that

should I do a Loop from Tuner A to B on the LX3 then use the loop through from tuner B to feed the Solo2
I have never used a loop through option before so still learning lol

brownvim
12-06-14, 18:48
How does it feel speed wise compared to your solo2?

You need to loop from just one of the tuners (pick a or b), don't link tuner a and b together. So loop from A goes into A on the solo2

nsw9154
12-06-14, 22:25
How does it feel speed wise compared to your solo2?

You need to loop from just one of the tuners (pick a or b), don't link tuner a and b together. So loop from A goes into A on the solo2

Hello brownvim it feels about the same it's a very nice receiver but I have not had much time to check it out as it's my Grandson's Birthday and he has kept me busy
I am just about to try looping it from A to A I tried with the loop cable A/B connected and only got 300 channels on the Solo2 scanning now and already got 700+ at 70% so it looks like i have connected it correctly thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

nsw9154
13-06-14, 04:27
Well I have had mixed results with the loop through I even did a few Scans and got 960 channels all working except certain HD ones :rolleyes:
but sometimes if I change the channel on the LX3 the Solo2 locks up, I presume that it is to do with the transponder that the looped channel is on :confused:
and one thing that I have noticed is that Tuner 3 DVB-S gets extremely hot and it is not connected to anything yet
tuner 4 DVB-C/T2 is warm with Cable feed connected but I think that is more to do with the heat being produced by tuner 3
Both tuners 1&2 are normal I think that I will remove tuner 3 for the time being and see about fitting an Extra Fan near to the Tuners to keep them cool
I remember reading some ware about certain tuners getting hot,but not sure if it was on this site I will do a search later
But apart from the tuner getting hot I am very pleased with the LX3 it's a nice Receiver on par with and probably Better than my Solo2
and I can imagine it taking a lot of sales away from the Duo2 & Gigablue Quad Plus, I am even getting used to the Remote probably to do with it being more responsive with the Superior processor on the LX3 compared to the Miraclebox, seeing as they are Exactly the same Remote as the one for the MBP operated the LX3 perfectly, :rolleyes: one final point any body who orders one don't expect to receive the so called free 2 pin to 3 pin adapter plug I never received one with either the Miraclebox or the LX3, good job I had a few spare Power leads that fit them from a couple of OLD Starview cable boxes :eek::nono:

world-of-satellite.co.uk
13-06-14, 06:21
one final point any body who orders one don't expect to receive the so called free 2 pin to 3 pin adapter plug I never received one with either the Miraclebox or the LX3

We wrap the 2pin to 3pin plug in cardboard and place in the main carton, please double check that you never threw it away as packaging.

brownvim
13-06-14, 07:38
Your saying changing channel on your LX3 locks up the solo2, I thought loop only works with the receiver off.

Sicilian
13-06-14, 07:43
If using loopthru, receiver connected to loopthru will not be able to view all transponders if main receiver is not in standby.

mcquaim
13-06-14, 07:57
We wrap the 2pin to 3pin plug in cardboard and place in the main carton, please double check that you never threw it away as packaging.

Exactly where mine was :thumbsup:

nsw9154
13-06-14, 13:34

My Sincerest Apologies they where wrapped up in cardboard I thought it was just Extra packaging in the outer Box :o

really sorry about that I should have checked all the packaging

nsw9154
13-06-14, 13:41
If using loopthru, receiver connected to loopthru will not be able to view all transponders if main receiver is not in standby.

I Realise that now Sicilian I thought that I could connect the 2 sat feeds to the LX3 and still get all the Channels on the Solo2 if I looped to it :nono:
Looks like I will have to get the ladders out and run a couple of extra leads tomorrow as I will not trust my luck on a Friday the 13th

75mak
13-06-14, 14:41
But as the box won't support HDCP many devices can't be connected at all.

Hdcp can be ripped out using $5 splitters ...if you already use a hdmi splitter chances are it will allow hdcp content to be fed through anyway.

Also with two cable tuners is it possible just to use a y splitter type coax cable to feed both cable tuners?

Sicilian
13-06-14, 15:01
Also with two cable tuners is it possible just to use a y splitter type coax cable to feed both cable tuners?

With cable you can use loop out from one tuner and loop into other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownvim
14-06-14, 00:29
Got my LX3 today, happy with it so far, very fast box, does time shift with ease whilst recording other channels too. Just a little lost with some things.

How do you view the HDMI IN input? I have my Apple TV connected to it but don't know how to enable it to view on screen.

norhap
14-06-14, 01:01
search menu HDMI IN, for I am with other software testing and works well, try home cinema, bluray ....

Rob van der Does
14-06-14, 07:32
Hdcp can be ripped out using $5 splitters ...if you already use a hdmi splitter chances are it will allow hdcp content to be fed through anyway.
Indeed, I have just learned that to be the case. Strange to see a protection being 'hacked' that simple.

Furthermore: the Xtrend ET10000 looks very similar to the LX3 and will shortly fully support the HDMI-in, also for recording and transcoding. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happening for this box.

brownvim
14-06-14, 09:38
search menu HDMI IN, for I am with other software testing and works well, try home cinema, bluray ....

I'm using the VIX Apollo image and can't find the option in the main menu?

Sicilian
14-06-14, 09:45
I'm using the VIX Apollo image and can't find the option in the main menu?

Noted, thanks. Will be reported to XPEED dev's.

brownvim
14-06-14, 12:42
Another bug I think I have found is the "Inadyn setup" you can't change any settings and when you access it it's always asking to install.

Without this I can't stream over the internet from another IP.

Sicilian
14-06-14, 14:23
HDMI IN should be in next build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trixt
15-06-14, 16:09
Can anyone advise on how to download plugins using this receiver/openvix image? When I try it says that the feeds are unstable? Is this a known problem? Thanks in advance.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-14, 16:24
Its been set to an unstable state because of some issues with the latest builds. You can still use the feeds tho.

Stanman
15-06-14, 16:51
Need to go into software update menu and enable allow unstable - it wont downlaod unless you decide to but will give you access to the feeds

nsw9154
15-06-14, 17:05
and as soon as you get the plugin that you want turn it off again :thumbsup: has temp control 2 been taken out I can not seem to find it in the plugins :confused:

Sicilian
15-06-14, 17:06
and as soon as you get the plugin that you want turn it off again :thumbsup: has temp control 2 been taken out I can not seem to find it in the plugins :confused:

Start a thread in ViX Support.

Larry-G
15-06-14, 17:08

Depends on the box as fancontrol 2 is hardware dependant.

lemi
15-06-14, 17:21
I see Apollo 007 is launched:thumbsup:No sign of LX2:nono:

Larry-G
15-06-14, 18:38
I see Apollo 007 is launched:thumbsup:No sign of LX2:nono:

Dont quote me on this but I'm not even sure any one in the team has a Lx2 to test with.

rassi
17-06-14, 09:24
Iīm approx 4 meters from it and vertical up/down need to be 0-26 degrees from the box to get IR command to go thru.
Ordered IR-repeater from Ebay so it will hopefully solve this issue.

Cheap IR-repeater did the trick, vertical up/down now like 90 degrees :)

brownvim
17-06-14, 16:41
I have updated to the Apollo 008 firmware, still can't find the HDMI IN feature in the menu? Anyone know where it is?

Sicilian
17-06-14, 16:46
Blue button ;)

brownvim
17-06-14, 16:49
Works, nice :)

lemi
17-06-14, 19:40
Dont quote me on this but I'm not even sure any one in the team has a Lx2 to test with.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using TapatalkThen is better to remove openvix-builds / GI-Xpeed-LX from download section.:)

75mak
17-06-14, 23:21
Can any users give us any further reviews on the lx3 and how its running with vix image?

mcquaim
17-06-14, 23:28
Can any users give us any further reviews on the lx3 and how its running with vix image?

I only have mine 4-5 days but seems a very good receiver.. I have two S2 and two T2 tuners in it and working great.

It is a good step up from my Duo anyway :thumbsup:

brownvim
18-06-14, 01:39
Same here, upgraded from a Vu+ Duo, with 2 sat and 2 cable tuners. Most things work as they should, the updates have been coming in steadily which was my only concern.

Vix runs faster, I had a random reboot today, 1st one for 4 days.

The build quality is good, I like the remote better than the Duo which was already a very remote.

Think I may have found a bug, the PIP button, when pressed it works as it should, but when I want to quit the PIP mode I get a black screen with audio. Only way around this has been turning off the receiver from the back which isn't something I want to do all the time.

I would recommend this box, even though it has these early niggles which will be sorted no doubt.

Edit: pip was working fine in the 003 firmware, so something broke it in 008. To be honest it's not something I use, just been getting to know the box more.

abu baniaz
18-06-14, 01:55
The PIP issue has been caused by the recent changes to the PIP modes. It is being worked on.

nsw9154
18-06-14, 02:06
I noticed the same thing with PIP but I thought that I might have overloaded the Tuners as I was Recording a few things while watching the Footy
I have 3 S2 & 1 T2 Tuners all Connected so I was testing them out,and like you when I went to switch it off I got a black screen but the sound was still on
but instead of switching off at the back I just restarted enigma and my recording's started recording again, I tried it 3 times and the same thing happened :confused:

brownvim
25-06-14, 23:44
How long will the plugin feeds be down for? I tried going into the VIX software update settings today and i keep getting a "background update check" message.

Is there a reason for them being down?

judge
25-06-14, 23:50
when I went to switch it off I got a black screen but the sound was still on
but instead of switching off at the back I just restarted enigma and my recording's started recording again, I tried it 3 times and the same thing happened :confused:
Issue has been found & should be fixed in the next build.

i keep getting a "background update check" message.

Is there a reason for them being down?
Yes, some testing still happening.
If you are still getting "background update check", have you tried rebooting the box?

brownvim
25-06-14, 23:55
Yes I have tried rebooting, it's been the same since I flashed the image.

In the plugins feed I only have picons and settings available

judge
26-06-14, 00:01
In that case, I'd try a fresh flash.
Build 008 currently available on http://www.openvix.co.uk

brownvim
26-06-14, 20:58
Reflash fixed it thanks, I have turned off background update check too. I can now see plugins etc.

I have another question, in the open web interface, I want authentication switched on as I can connect to my box from an external network.

What is the default password it sets? Is there any way to change it?

brownvim
26-06-14, 23:35
Ok figured it out, have to telnet into the box and enter passwd to change it.

Transcode working great on my iPhone :)

75mak
30-06-14, 23:11
Ok figured it out, have to telnet into the box and enter passwd to change it.

Transcode working great on my iPhone :)

Transcoding is hardware based like vu duo2 or software based like solo2?

Sicilian
01-07-14, 05:25
Transcoding is hardware based like vu duo2 or software based like solo2?

Hardware based, same CPU as Duo2.

Rob van der Does
01-07-14, 07:54
Solo2's transcoding is also done in hardware (hence the CPU load during transcoding is only around 3%), but options are far less than DUO2.

brownvim
01-07-14, 20:37
Yep defo hardware, can change the quality/bitrate so it works nicely over 3G

rassi
16-07-14, 11:35
Does someone know whats new on 9/7/2014 LX3 drivers?

edit: Still no more than 4 tuners supported :(
Cant add my extra USB tuners.

stevie65
16-07-14, 17:39
Can I ask where you got these new drivers?
Thanks, Steve.

rassi
16-07-14, 18:33
Can I ask where you got these new drivers?
Thanks, Steve.

Drivers coming with Apollo 019 (maybe with earlier build as well, but noticed it today with 019), havent seen download for drivers only.

stevie65
16-07-14, 18:37
Drivers coming with Apollo 019 (maybe with earlier build as well, but noticed it today with 019), havent seen download for drivers only.

Ah, ok. I thought I had missed something then :).

Have you or anybody else ever tried the egami image? I was tempted to give it a try out of curiosity more than anything.

Steve.

lemi
16-07-14, 20:38
Ah, ok. I thought I had missed something then :).

Have you or anybody else ever tried the egami image? I was tempted to give it a try out of curiosity more than anything.

Steve.
I tried egami image on my LX2 and didn't like it.But,we all have different tastes and if you don't try you'll never know:)

handy
19-07-14, 11:08
I only have mine 4-5 days but seems a very good receiver.. I have two S2 and two T2 tuners in it and working great.

It is a good step up from my Duo anyway :thumbsup:

Can you put the LX3 in Deep Standby mode with Timers set?
Does it come out of Deep Standby for Timer Recording?

Also, The DVB-C/T/T2 tuners, is the C part of it HD capable?

Is the fan, temperature controlled or just on or off like on the Duo?

gvsb
19-07-14, 12:42
hello

does anybody know the changelog for the latest drivers 09.07.2014?

i have tried egami, it is a good image, using openvix now in hope for better English support

thanks

abu baniaz
19-07-14, 14:04
Also, The DVB-C/T/T2 tuners, is the C part of it HD capable?

Yes, HD capable.

MPele
25-07-14, 16:05
Can you put the LX3 in Deep Standby mode with Timers set?
Does it come out of Deep Standby for Timer Recording?

Yes, it should work. Although when I first tried this at the beginning of June (with older drivers), it failed, and the box had to be power reseted until I restored control over it. But now I started to use the Deep Standby mode again, and so far it has worked every time (3-4 times). However, after the timer recording, the box doesn't go back to Deep Standby or not even to standby, it remains switched on. I hope this bug will be fixed later on.

Is the fan, temperature controlled or just on or off like on the Duo?

These are the options: Automatic, off, on.

I noticed that the device used to be warm even after being hours in the standby mode. I had the fan control set to Automatic. I changed the setting to On, and now it's much cooler. In fact, now that I tested this.. if it's set to Automatic, the fan will stop in standby mode. If it's set to On, the fan will not stop in standby mode but will stop in Deep Standby mode. In Deep Standby mode, the tv signal is also cut (if looped to tv, for example).

I guess it's better to have the fan always running (if not using Deep Standby) than have LX3 too warm.. when thinking about the life expectancy of components.

handy
03-08-14, 18:11
Yes, it should work. Although when I first tried this at the beginning of June (with older drivers), it failed, and the box had to be power reseted until I restored control over it. But now I started to use the Deep Standby mode again, and so far it has worked every time (3-4 times). However, after the timer recording, the box doesn't go back to Deep Standby or not even to standby, it remains switched on. I hope this bug will be fixed later on.

These are the options: Automatic, off, on.

I noticed that the device used to be warm even after being hours in the standby mode. I had the fan control set to Automatic. I changed the setting to On, and now it's much cooler. In fact, now that I tested this.. if it's set to Automatic, the fan will stop in standby mode. If it's set to On, the fan will not stop in standby mode but will stop in Deep Standby mode. In Deep Standby mode, the tv signal is also cut (if looped to tv, for example).

I guess it's better to have the fan always running (if not using Deep Standby) than have LX3 too warm.. when thinking about the life expectancy of components.

Mpele; Nice to know there's some one in the same boat.
Re: The timer from deep standby. I have discovered Rather than leave the after event on Auto in timer settings, change it deep standby or standby, then it does go to deep standby or standby after the event.
It would be nice if the vix guys fix this Auto should be Auto, not stay On. Didn't have this problem on the Duo with vix.

As for the fan, I preferred the setting on Duo where you could adjust the fan timer to come on for X mins then go off for X mins in standby.

I know it goes off in deep standby then the box gets even warmer.
To cure this I going to blue tack rubber door stops under box so the natural air flow will keep it cool.

If you want to put the box in deep standby, rather then loop through the box's Ariel tuners, use a splitter they use for cable boxes.
This hasn't had any noticeable affect on the TV signal.

nsw9154
03-08-14, 19:43
I checked the Temp today with a meat thermometer between the 2 Fixed tuners and and the 2 plug in tuners and it was 48.5c, I noticed that the fan was set to Auto even though I had changed it to ON, but I forgot to back up my settings so when I upgraded to 23 my back up set it back to Auto so I turned it back to on and checked it again after 30 mins and it was still about 47.3c so no real difference :rolleyes: and my Duo2 is running at a Cool 32c with proper Fan Control
I think that I will get one of them LapTop Coolers that pheonix mentioned :D

75mak
25-08-14, 19:07
I checked the Temp today with a meat thermometer between the 2 Fixed tuners and and the 2 plug in tuners and it was 48.5c, I noticed that the fan was set to Auto even though I had changed it to ON, but I forgot to back up my settings so when I upgraded to 23 my back up set it back to Auto so I turned it back to on and checked it again after 30 mins and it was still about 47.3c so no real difference :rolleyes: and my Duo2 is running at a Cool 32c with proper Fan Control
I think that I will get one of them LapTop Coolers that pheonix mentioned :D

Is the HDMI in function working well on the image you are using?

nsw9154
25-08-14, 19:40
To be Honest mate I have not tried it yet :D

75mak
28-08-14, 20:28
Can anyone else (perhaps from the vix development team) confirm if the hdmi-in function is working with vix image?

stevie65
28-08-14, 21:07
Can anyone else (perhaps from the vix development team) confirm if the hdmi-in function is working with vix image?

Yes, HDMI in function works fine. I feed my S** HD box through it. You can also do PIP using HDMI in.
Can't record from HDMI in yet but maybe one day.....

Steve.

75mak
01-09-14, 01:24
Yes, HDMI in function works fine. I feed my S** HD box through it. You can also do PIP using HDMI in.
Can't record from HDMI in yet but maybe one day.....

Steve.

That sounds good. Are any image teams trying to get the hdmi in record working or are they restricted by driver issues?

abu baniaz
01-09-14, 01:45
Briefly read something about PLI making changes to support it, not sure how far it went. Not sure if you can get PLI images for the LX3, but the ET10K has.

rassi
01-09-14, 04:36
Anyone heard rumours about new drivers? Will there be any new drivers in the near future :)

campeino
01-09-14, 19:36
today egami 6.3
[HDp] Add HDMI-IN Recording - just use it same way as normal service
i think will be soon also working with vix image

stevie65
05-09-14, 15:56
today egami 6.3
[HDp] Add HDMI-IN Recording - just use it same way as normal service
i think will be soon also working with vix image
I am running OpenATV at the moment and can now record from HDMI :)
Steve.

rassi
16-09-14, 10:24
Am i alone with above issues:

1. Many times when trying to open record listing when recording is on, spinners comes and wonīt go a away -> Box stuckd until power cycle or "reboot -f" -f needed otherwise it wont reboot.
2. Jumping with number buttons backwards do not work flawlessly when viewing recordings. Using default OpenViX durations for jumps. No issues when jumping forward.

Using SSD for timeshift and NAS via NFS for recordings.

Results for write throughput:
268.435 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=8192
268.435 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=32768
268.435 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=16384
214.748 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=4096

Results for read throughput:
1073.741 Mbit/s with udp,async,rsize=4096
357.913 Mbit/s with udp,async,rsize=8192
with udp,async,rsize=32768
with udp,async,rsize=16384

192.168.1.2:/mnt/data/ on /media type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen =255,soft,nolock,proto=udp,timeo=11,retrans=3,sec= sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.2,mountvers=3,mountproto=u dp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.1.2)

rassi
16-10-14, 15:13
New bootloader.

I have no clue whats new or anything else about this nor havenīt tested it.

gvsb
16-10-14, 21:21
Bootloader 3.45, little faster boot, especially in the very beginning, display of percentage of booting process, other than these two obvious observations no clue what else is new.

New drivers too, no clue what's new either.

Good this isn't it? You got to like mysteries and surprises if you own a Xpeed LX3...

rassi
18-10-14, 10:41
Bootloader 3.45, little faster boot, especially in the very beginning, display of percentage of booting process, other than these two obvious observations no clue what else is new.

Youīre right, this is what i found as change log:

- Speed ​​up 9 seconds
- changed display text after power on

New drivers too, no clue what's new either.

There is? Could you point where to download?

You got to like mysteries and surprises if you own a Xpeed LX3...

This is so true :D

gvsb
18-10-14, 11:20
Drivers came bundled with an openvix update not so long ago. If you have the latest vix you have the latest drivers. If you check menu>info>about you should see the latest drivers 08-10-2014. As for the changes?.?.?.

rassi
18-10-14, 12:31
Mine havenīt updated, i do have Apollo 059 and drivers says "2014-08-29", but maybe itīs just text in the box info and drivers are up to date..?

Personally mostly waiting support for up to 6 tuners, so i could use 4 internal and two external USB-tuners with the box.

gvsb
18-10-14, 12:38
Not sure, mine just appeared there after flashing not so long ago, maybe do a clean upgrade?

barry2012
18-10-14, 17:49
Yeah i was asking for info on the Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO
wanted to know can i use this on cable but sadely messages sent to world of satelite never got a reply
will wait as i got the tech-nano off them wanted an upgrade. hopefully save waiting
someone on here can help save waiting for a reply off W.O.S

abu baniaz
18-10-14, 17:53
The TM Nano 3t combo has a single switchable tuner in addition to the twin sat tuners. You can use for cable or terrestrial.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
19-10-14, 08:22
Yeah i was asking for info on the Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO
wanted to know can i use this on cable but sadely messages sent to world of satelite never got a reply
will wait as i got the tech-nano off them wanted an upgrade. hopefully save waiting
someone on here can help save waiting for a reply off W.O.S

Please re-send your email or drop us a pm here.

rassi
19-10-14, 10:16
Not sure, mine just appeared there after flashing not so long ago, maybe do a clean upgrade?

Checked from /lib/modules/3.14.2/extra
And it says 10.9.2014 and filesize 16718385

So, it seem that it havenīt updated for me. Need to find place where to download newest.

rassi
13-11-14, 14:24

1. Many times when trying to open record listing when recording is on, spinners comes and wonīt go a away -> Box stuckd until power cycle or "reboot -f" -f needed otherwise it wont reboot.
2. Jumping with number buttons backwards do not work flawlessly when viewing recordings. Using default OpenViX durations for jumps. No issues when jumping forward.

192.168.1.2:/mnt/data/ on /media type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen =255,soft,nolock,proto=udp,timeo=11,retrans=3,sec= sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.2,mountvers=3,mountproto=u dp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.1.2)

Im really alone with this? :)

Tested again with fresh install and with NFS and Samba and same thing will happen, itīll get stuck, spinners spin very often if i even open channel list
when recording, but almost everytime when I open recordins while recording.

Then tested with OpenATV, same setup and no issues at all with NFS.

rassi
17-11-14, 12:20

Tested again with fresh install and with NFS and Samba and same thing will happen, itīll get stuck, spinners spin very often if i even open channel list

Wuhuu, iīm not alone with this issue, but it seem to have nothing to do with the NFS/Samba after all :)
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41718-Favourites-list-spinning-ViX-when-recording-in-progress-after-upgrading-Apollo

csm7djs
18-11-14, 13:28
I'll try and repo the issue on my LX3 tonight...

akronim
26-11-14, 00:16
Golden Interstar LX3
OpenVix Apollo 088
skin: Magic HD Night

I've got a problem on my new GI LX-3 (OpenVix Apollo 088) with twin DVB-T tuner (Media-Tech Navigator Duo MT4168) which is USB dongle based on it9135. Both tuners are visible but both auto and manual scans show "scanning completed, 0 channels found".
I also have Vu+ Uno with the same image installed (Apollo 088) and there is no problem with this DVB-T dongle. Scanning is OK and both tuners can be used simultanuosly for recording two different DVB-T multiplexes. Linux kernel used in Vu+ Uno is 3.9.6.
Anyone can help?

Rob van der Does
26-11-14, 05:30
Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!) and create your own thread for your problem.

rassi
26-11-14, 19:43
Golden Interstar LX3
OpenVix Apollo 088
skin: Magic HD Night

I've got a problem on my new GI LX-3 (OpenVix Apollo 088) with twin DVB-T tuner (Media-Tech Navigator Duo MT4168) which is USB dongle based on it9135. Both tuners are visible but both auto and manual scans show "scanning completed, 0 channels found".
I also have Vu+ Uno with the same image installed (Apollo 088) and there is no problem with this DVB-T dongle. Scanning is OK and both tuners can be used simultanuosly for recording two different DVB-T multiplexes. Linux kernel used in Vu+ Uno is 3.9.6.
Anyone can help?

Just curious, how many internal tuners you do have in your LX3?
Havent tested lately, but in the begining USB tuners didnt came visible when 4 internal tuners were in use. It was 4 tuners max with the LX3, hopefully itīs fixed and i could utilize my Sundtek sticks again.

PS. Have you tried to copy terrestial.xml from Vu+ uno to Lx3 and tested scan again?
Or just use DreamboxEdit and take channel lists from Uno to LX3

abu baniaz
26-11-14, 19:45
There was a limitation of 4 tuners within E2. That has been increased to 8.

Rob van der Does
26-11-14, 20:39
There was a limitation of 4 tuners within E2.
Surely that must have been a driver limitation then, as E2 has no and never had a limitation on the number of drivers.

rassi
27-11-14, 11:13
There was a limitation of 4 tuners within E2. That has been increased to 8.

Awesome, why i havent noticed this earlier!
Oh well, itīs always huge hunt to find newest drivers and change log :)

Surely that must have been a driver limitation then, as E2 has no and never had a limitation on the number of drivers.

uh oh wait.. Now reading Abuīs post again and he talks about E2 and not LX3. Need to test it again, but iīm afraid that itīs still 4 tuners :(

rassi
29-11-14, 12:30
Tested it with Sundtek USB-stick and not working when all Internal tuners are in use.. So it is still 4 tuners max :(

Rob van der Does
29-11-14, 12:44
Tested it with Sundtek USB-stick and not working when all Internal tuners are in use.. So it is still 4 tuners max :(
That sounds like a driver issue. What image and build is the box?

akronim
29-11-14, 17:02
Just curious, how many internal tuners you do have in your LX3?
Havent tested lately, but in the begining USB tuners didnt came visible when 4 internal tuners were in use. It was 4 tuners max with the LX3, hopefully itīs fixed and i could utilize my Sundtek sticks again.

PS. Have you tried to copy terrestial.xml from Vu+ uno to Lx3 and tested scan again?
Or just use DreamboxEdit and take channel lists from Uno to LX3

I've got only 2 DVB-S tuners (embedded) in my LX3.
PS. I'll try to copy terrestrial.xml from Vu+ Uno.
PS2. I've found that Vu+ Uno on Apollo.088 has lost its ability to use my additional DVB-T stick (Asus MyCinema based on dib700 chip). It is still visible to the system but automatic scan returns info "0 channels found". Asus stick was working perfectly on Vu+ with Apollo.064. Asus MyCinema is not visible on LX3 both Apollo.064 and Apollo.090.

Rob van der Does
29-11-14, 17:09
USB tuners are and will always be far less stable than build in tuners. It's a sensitive game with lots of variables involved; not all of which are under control.
It's always a good idea to have working image-backups before updating, but especially when using external hardware.

rassi
29-11-14, 18:39
That sounds like a driver issue. What image and build is the box?

Yeah it must be driver issue. At the moment using ~week old OpenATV (reason is here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41718-Favourites-list-spinning-ViX-when-recording-in-progress-after-upgrading-Apollo) why not using OpenVix :) )
Tested few driver version a go same setup with ViX without an luck.
Used "years" those 2x Sundtek sticks with Vu+ Duo and with Solo2 and those works like a charm.

abu baniaz
29-11-14, 18:43
What bootloader are you using?

rassi
29-11-14, 20:22
What bootloader are you using?

Using 3.45 at the moment. 3.46 only fix "Multiple USB devices", but now i got flash to my mind again, could it be the reason. Hopefully yes, but im afraid not :)
As i do have USB stick for picons & backups in use...

rassi
30-11-14, 11:00
No luck with 3.46 bootloader :(

Screenshots when 3 installed internal tuners + Sundtek and 4 internal + Sundtek, only ABCD visible.

Rob van der Does
30-11-14, 12:11
What does the about screen (devices) tell you?

rassi
30-11-14, 12:37
What does the about screen (devices) tell you?

Itīs ABCD internals only

root@xpeedlx3:~# cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets
NIM Socket 0:
Type: DVB-S2
Name: DVB-S2 NIM
Frontend_Device: 0
I2C_Device: 0
NIM Socket 1:
Frontend_Device: 1
I2C_Device: 1
NIM Socket 2:
Frontend_Device: 2
I2C_Device: 2
NIM Socket 3:
Type: DVB-C
Name: DVB-C NIM
Mode 0: DVB-T2
Mode 2: DVB-C
Frontend_Device: 3
I2C_Device: 3

root@xpeedlx3:~# /opt/bin/mediaclient -e
**** List of Media Hardware Devices ****
device 0: [Sundtek MediaTV Pro (USB 2.0)] DVB-C, DVB-T, ANALOG-TV, FM-RADIO, REMOTE-CONTROL, OSS-AUDIO, RDS
[INFO]:
[BUS]:
ID: 2-1.3.1
[SERIAL]:
ID: tek00147
[DVB-C]:
FRONTEND: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
DVR: /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
DMX: /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0
[DVB-T]:
FRONTEND: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
DVR: /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
DMX: /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0
[ANALOG-TV]:
VIDEO0: /dev/video0
VBI0: /dev/vbi0
[FM-RADIO]:
RADIO0: /dev/radio0
RDS: /dev/rds0
[REMOTECONTROL]:
INPUT0: /dev/mediainput0
[OSS]:
OSS0: /dev/dsp0

nsw9154
04-12-14, 21:00
Well that's just burst my bubble I was going to order a Sundtek USB C/T2 tuner from the sponsors tomorrow for my LX3

rassi
05-12-14, 10:43
Well that's just burst my bubble I was going to order a Sundtek USB C/T2 tuner from the sponsors tomorrow for my LX3

Yeah, you should hold up little bit your order.. :)
I do have two of them waiting. Older C/T models, but anyway.

Anyone have a clue how reach LX3 driver devs to get request for their sight?

Andy_Hazza
05-12-14, 11:20
Norm, you just know you want a Mut@ant box, go on treat yourself for chrimbo! [emoji87]

nsw9154
05-12-14, 11:35
:smiley_yup: you got me sussed Andy I want a Mutant and I am trying to sweeten the other half to the idea but all my efforts are falling on deaf ears at the moment,maybe after crimbo :D

rassi
29-12-14, 09:48

This is _maybe_ finally solved. Needs more tests tho. I changed OOB skin to Rossi2000īs VixBMC_1080 skin and i think i havenīt seen this issue anymore. At this point Iīll assume skin based issue. Maybe.

rassi
19-01-15, 17:02
Anyone know change log of 13.1.2015 LX3 drivers?
Waiting possibility to use more than 4 tuners fix badly :)

rassi
13-04-16, 08:00
Has it gone even worse with OpenViX 4.1 as there is a mention "USB tuners not working INI (GI LX3 etc) brand receivers". Are USB tuners completely useless or does that mean that USB tuners wonīt work if 4 internal tuners
are in use, like before?

aido
13-04-16, 08:31
Not sure about the tuners but you may be affected by this too:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51073-Vertical-lines-on-SD-content-seems-like

Basically you can improve SD quality on the LX3 after a reboot just by running two commands.

I'm on 4.1.001 and it needs those commands still.

Sicilian
13-04-16, 08:55
Has it gone even worse with OpenViX 4.1 as there is a mention "USB tuners not working INI (GI LX3 etc) brand receivers". Are USB tuners completely useless or does that mean that USB tuners wonīt work if 4 internal tuners
are in use, like before?

That has been the same in all releases. Lx3 will not support more than 4 tuners combined.

brownvim
13-05-16, 12:00
Has this box been discontinued? I cant find a place to buy them anymore, I currently have one and its been great.