PDA

View Full Version : Add more Satellite to DU+DUO list?

raf006
12-11-10, 12:00
Hi there

have loaded the new VTI Team Images (don't know if this is the best Image around for DU+ DUO) and get the satellite tuner setup fine but i couldn't find or add more satellite than the per-loaded once (astra & Hotbird), how can you add more Sat's and their frequency for positioning?

i have tried dreamedit tools to do this manually but couldn't succeed?

Also what would you use EPG for? Sorry new to this...

Thanks

Larry-G
12-11-10, 12:05
upload a new satellites.xml file to your box.

raf006
12-11-10, 12:11
i did manage to load the fav tv baquets but couldn't load this file using Dreamboxedit tools for whatever reason!!! any other way doing this?

Larry-G
12-11-10, 12:19
you need to use a FTP programme not DBE

raf006
12-11-10, 12:23
ops, will try that...thx

Also what else i can benefit from DU+DUO ? i have use it to cs but can't see more than this is benefit!!!

please direct...

Thx

Raf

jfk
12-11-10, 14:01
you need to use a FTP programme not DBE

Please, how can i use ftp programme to do this?

satmanbasil
12-11-10, 15:14
Hi mate

Ok using dreambox edit or dreamset once you have the program open you need to download one of the many settings list your find in this forum once you done that unzip into a folder then using dreambox edit click on OPEN and navigate your way to the file location you just saved in the right panel headed files your see what every folder contains .. you now need to open the lamedb file this will then load into db edit the satellites ect.
Now you can set about editing to your needs by right clicking in any of the panels you see the options for that panel.
To load these setting into your vu+ click on the options button a new pop up window will appear here you have to fill out some data box profile IP password ect there are buttons to select to test you done things right
Make sure you select at the bottom of the menu new enigma 2 settings this will auto select the file locations in the vuduo once done save settings then click on ftp button in the pop up window check ip and file location are correct the click on send files to dreambox (vu+) when done check your vu+ arrow down button green button your should see the extra added satellites if not power down and reboot.

regards
satmanbasil

raf006
13-11-10, 02:52
i did everthing above and i still can't see those extra satellite!!! pls can you advice if i'm missing something.. this is what i did

1- loaded VTI image using UBS.
2-tunned motor as mentiond by others A=USALS and B=Equal to A.
3- find Astra and hotbird per-loaded sat's(no issues)
4- trying to use DBE or FileZilla to load more sat's but can't see them on my recevier even my tools is telling me transfer was sucssusful and need to reboot your box but THEY ARE ISN'T THERE :-( ...

i had this box over 9 days and still can't see the benefit of it so far... pls help...

Larry-G
13-11-10, 03:31
as i said create a new satellites.xml file and copy it to your box or you can send one of the newer bouquet packs to your box.

i wont give instructions as both have been discussed dozens of times on this forum. if you look you will find out how.
if you type satellites.xml into the search box on this very forum you will see what i mean.
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/search.php?searchid=67406

Hakon
13-11-10, 09:45
Are you shure that you have choosen the correct satbox ?
For me it sounds that you are totally wrong in this function with the sats.
Have you made an manually scan of the sats? If not maby it's the way to go.
Press Menu on the remote, choose Setup, , then Sevice Searching, then Manual Scan, then choose Single Satellite, then choose what satellite you want to scan, then OK. It sounds wery odd to me if theres just two sats in the Manual Scan menu.

When the scan of a satellite is finished press OK, and now the sat will show up in the Satellite list, they will only show up after a scan.

raf006
13-11-10, 22:03
guys thx for responding now managed to add list of sat and manually search each one of them but i can't save each one position for whatever reason even if i save each sat on separated position storage.

pls advice what is going wrong???

Raf

Hakon
14-11-10, 08:38
You can not save positions when you are using USALS, only when you are using DiSEqC 1.2.If the dish are in wrong position with USALS the dishtuning is wrong.

raf006
14-11-10, 13:16
mate

i have 1.2 dish and motoized DiSEqC 1.2, what is my tuner should read? i need to move between sat 42E to 30W.

thx

Raf

raf006
15-11-10, 10:38
Also i have loaded the new Gigant Images but my JS card isn't working, any idea why is that?

Please need your advice?

Thanks

Hakon
15-11-10, 17:51
i did everthing above and i still can't see those extra satellite!!! pls can you advice if i'm missing something.. this is what i did

1- loaded VTI image using UBS.
2-tunned motor as mentiond by others A=USALS and B=Equal to A.
3- find Astra and hotbird per-loaded sat's(no issues)
4- trying to use DBE or FileZilla to load more sat's but can't see them on my recevier even my tools is telling me transfer was sucssusful and need to reboot your box but THEY ARE ISN'T THERE :-( ...

i had this box over 9 days and still can't see the benefit of it so far... pls help...

So it's not correct that you are using USALS ?
Thats the info you have given, and that was what i had in mind.

raf006
15-11-10, 18:01
i went through all the confg available, but as i read through the forum i need to adjust my tuner to simple and postioner(includes Lan/Log), is that right?

or do i need to set my tunner to advance? pls advice/direct me to right place for tuner setup cos i can't find it?

also why is Gigant Images won't read my JSC?

Thanks
Rafi

raf006
16-11-10, 16:09
guys pls need your help.

i have done the following setting:-

menu-->setup-->service searching-->tuner config-->tuner-->config mode=simple-->mode=positioner add longitute and latitude as follow......

(Latitude=N xx.xxxx, Longitude= W -x.xxxx) my current:-

keyed as Lat:- N xx.xxxx///long:-E x.xxxx (not sure this is right)?

also i switch to advance setting and still not moving around to saved positions correctly??

please advice...

Thanks

Raf

raf006
19-11-10, 12:08
guys still need your help with the tunner???

irishchris
19-11-10, 13:40
guys pls need your help.

i have done the following setting:-

menu-->setup-->service searching-->tuner config-->tuner-->config mode=simple-->mode=positioner add longitute and latitude as follow......

(Latitude=N xx,xxxx, Longitude= W -x.xxxx) my current:-

keyed as Lat:- N xx,xxx///long:-E xxx.xxx (not sure this is right)?

also i switch to advance setting and still not moving around to saved positions correctly??

please advice...

Thanks

Raf
would need to know your location if your long and lat are wrong -- use dishpointer.com
going by what you have said your settings should be xx.xxxxN lat and longitude xx.xxxxW

say mine for example are xx.xxx n and -xx.xxxx east
so in vu+ it is xx.xxxx n and x.xxxx west