PDA

View Full Version : Connect 2 HDDs to DUO`Question

dfdream
17-04-14, 10:54
I have a 2.5" 2TB drive in my DUO2 for recordings.
I have another 2.5" 2TB drive in a small media center PC and store films and music etc on it.
I want to take the 2.5" 2TB drive from the media PC and put into an enclosure (reformat) and connect to eSATA port on DUO2.

Firstly is that OK to do (have 2 drives connected)
Secondly is the performance for this config OK to not impact on DUO2 and to serve up HD media to other network devices.

Thanks

marty
17-04-14, 11:58
Nas is a better solution

nsw9154
17-04-14, 11:59
i am running 2 drives with my Solo2 i have a 1TB 2.5 Toshiba fitted inside the Solo2 and a 3.5 500gig fitted in a External case connected to one of the USB ports at the back

i have the External drive named as media/hhd2 and every thing works fine, i have the main internal Drive set as default which is media/hhd/movies and all my recordings go strait to that

and i only use the External hhd2 to save TV Series and movies that i want to keep, thus freeing up space on the internal drive

regards norm

dfdream
17-04-14, 12:44
That's something along the lines of what I want to do but I want to connect with ESATA as 2 USBs are in use and to get better performance but not sure if internal sata and esata can be used at the same time...

@Marty I have a mycloud setup like that and have tested a friends Seagate Media drive and find that performance from DUO2 internal drive is better than either of them.

i am running 2 drives with my Solo2 i have a 1TB 2.5 Toshiba fitted inside the Solo2 and a 3.5 500gig fitted in a External case connected to one of the USB ports at the back

i have the External drive named as media/hhd2 and every thing works fine, i have the main internal Drive set as default which is media/hhd/movies and all my recordings go strait to that

and i only use the External hhd2 to save TV Series and movies that i want to keep, thus freeing up space on the internal drive

regards norm